No announcement yet.

Sherwood vs Clement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clement for me!! A rangers upbringing through arguably our best ever right back, Rangers fan who's coached at some of europes most elite clubs and Derby were in good shape when they fired him. Timmy had a mare at Villa, spent bundles on some shockers. His agent is also Les, Ramsey, luongo and Halls agent so hence the odds on link��

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
      Clement for me!! A rangers upbringing through arguably our best ever right back, Rangers fan who's coached at some of europes most elite clubs and Derby were in good shape when they fired him. Timmy had a mare at Villa, spent bundles on some shockers. His agent is also Les, Ramsey, luongo and Halls agent so hence the odds on link��
      Yes!

Oranges and Lemons say the bells of Paul Clement's! Bring him in Tony!!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
        A few good men say it will be Holloway (apparently)
        His odds have really shortened. 2/1 now

Comment

You don't get recruited as first team coach, particularly as an Englishman, to two of the top five clubs in the world without being exceptional. This should be no contest. Sherwood would be a second rate disaster of a choice and would be the death knell for Les.... recruited two of his mates and they both failed.

Comment

Sherwood 4/9
            Clement 9/2

This morning.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
              You don't get recruited as first team coach, particularly as an Englishman, to two of the top five clubs in the world without being exceptional. This should be no contest. Sherwood would be a second rate disaster of a choice and would be the death knell for Les.... recruited two of his mates and they both failed.

Comment

I think all sentiment out the way of Clement having Rangers routes and us clinging onto the past a bit - It really is a toss up between these two.

Sherwood has had managerial experience at two big clubs, and Clement has had coaching experience at some of the biggest clubs in the world.

It's a real risk with both of these two - Both would be able to attract decent players though IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
                  This is the current betting from Skybet............

Next Permanent QPR Manager
                  Next Permanent Manager Caretaker and interim managers completing at least 10 competitive games will be deemed the permanent manager
                  Tim Sherwood This selection has been suspended
                  Paul Clement 11/4
                  Ian Holloway 5/1
                  Steve Cotterill 14/1
                  Marc Bircham 14/1
                  Karl Robinson 14/1
                  Nigel Pearson 25/1
                  Les Ferdinand 25/1
                  Gianfranco Zola 25/1
                  Ryan Giggs 25/1
                  Sam Allardyce 28/1
                  Mick McCarthy 33/1
                  David Oldfield 33/1
                  Steve Evans 33/1
                  Malkay Mackay 33/1
                  Alex McLeish 33/1
                  Francesco Guidolin 33/1
                  Michael Laudrup 33/1
                  Frank de Boer 33/1
                  Roy Keane 33/1
                  Roberto Di Matteo 33/1
                  Patrick Viera 33/1
                  Roy Hodgson 33/1
                  Alan Curbishley 40/1
                  A mixture of clever and silly money.

Comment

The sun are reporting (as of 30 mins ago) that sherwood will be appointed within 24 hours at the most ... please clementttt

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                      The sun are reporting (as of 30 mins ago) that sherwood will be appointed within 24 hours at the most ... please clementttt
                      From one clown to another. Please let it not be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        From one clown to another. Please let it not be true.
                        What do we fans actually know? 77,6 % were happy with Jimmy as our manager.

Comment

Probably will be Sherwood won't it

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                            Reckon that was wishful thinking Tim.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                              This. I remember being happy with JFH's appointment...as I was with Harry Redknapp....as I also was with Mark Hughes.

The fact is nobody can say for certain who is going to be a success here and who isn't. Not unless they have a crystal ball anyway.

What I like about the idea of TS and PC is that both have a point to prove. Clement didn't really get long in his only stint as a first team coach and Sherwood is probably well aware he has developed a bit of a reputation as a bellend and will no doubt want to prove people wrong.

The biggest gripe I had with Tim Sherwood, as I do with the likes of Gary Neville and any other high profile player looking to become a manager is that he never cut his teeth in the lower leagues first. I'll give JFH credit for that at least. He went about things the right way but his move to use was possibly too much too soon. If he's ever going to be taken seriously as a manager then Tim Sherwood needs to have a stint where he gets results and is seen to be making a positive influence on the team/club. He'd inherit a capable squad, surrounded by a few familiar faces both in the squad and on the coaching staff, where the expectations aren't necessarily to make the playoff's...but just serve up some entertaining football whilst getting settled squad, style of play together and blooding some youngsters. Definitely not like the task he had on his hands at Villa.

Had JFH occasionally thrown caution to the wind, he'd probably have bought himself some more time. End of the day football is a form of entertainment. Win (preferably) lose or draw, as long as it isn't boring the fans wont be on the managers case.

Example: I remember at times under Gigi Dicanio we were defensively an utter shambles. When we went forward though, we were exciting to watch and as a result he will always be remembered fondly at QPR despite us being around mid table as the time of his departure??

I've rambled on a bit there but essentially my point is nobody can write off Tim Sherwood already the same way we all cant hail Paul Clement as some kind of saviour!
                              Last edited by EssexR; 08-11-2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Ive been over the moon with every single manager Unc has employed, always looked the bollarks on paper.

Comment

Working...
                                X