No announcement yet.

DoF - Elephant in the room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we add an option of "Crack" to the poll?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Some people on here have slaughtered LF since he got a job at QPR
      Not true he was welcomed back with open arms ex hero ### yeah QPR great , step up to dof not so great fans pay to watch football have right to voice about what they see

Comment

Some people on here have slaughtered LF since he got a job at QPR
        I haven't seen that. All of the lads I know were glad to have him at the club in some capacity.

What people have done is question the wisdom in hiring a guy with no DoF experience based purely on the fact that he loves the club and has our best interests at heart. It may be true that he has the best interests of the club at heart but if he's not a good DoF it still isn't going to work.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
          I get exactly where you are coming from, and you are right we should question what is going wrong at the club, however what we should be questioning is exactly what is Les Ferdinand responsible for before having a go because it seems as though some are just guessing, and to be honest including myself.

I thought his prime mandate was to try and get the players identified by the manager to the club, and get the best deal possible. I'm not stupid enough to suggest that is all he does and have been educated by some of the posts on this thread as to other duties, but it seems crazy to lambast the man for things we have no idea if he has involvement in.
          Well let's reverse engineer that one. Is anything going right with the club at the moment? In fact, has anything gone right with the club since Les came in? Where I'm from, if a business is failing then the Directors bear the ultimate responsibility.

Now we've been through a handful of managers, some with decent reputations but they've all failed. You can probably put 1, maybe 2 down to bad luck, but if decent managers keep coming here and failing then you have to look at what other factors there are.

I agree that nobody knows 100% what Les' job is. As I understand it he is responsible for ensuring that the club has a structure in place that remains in place whomever the Manager (or Head Coach) is. The players we sign are meant to fit into our structure and ethos and as such, it shouldn't matter who is in charge or how long they hang around, another manager should be able to slot in. That's the dictionary definition of DoF's and given that Les was employed directly after Harry and Hughes had spunked all of Tony's money then that would make sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Not true he was welcomed back with open arms ex hero ### yeah QPR great , step up to dof not so great fans pay to watch football have right to voice about what they see
            I'd name and shame to prove you wrong but I'm no grass...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              I haven't seen that. All of the lads I know were glad to have him at the club in some capacity.

What people have done is question the wisdom in hiring a guy with no DoF experience based purely on the fact that he loves the club and has our best interests at heart. It may be true that he has the best interests of the club at heart but if he's not a good DoF it still isn't going to work.
              Maybe slaughter isn't the word but question isn't either.

All I know is there are plenty who bang on negatively about LF regardless of anything he does and have been doing so since he joined the club.

Fcking sick of hearing it personally so I usually choose to swerve topics about LF.

Comment

Maybe slaughter isn't the word but question isn't either.

All I know is there are plenty who bang on negatively about LF regardless of anything he does and have been doing so since he joined the club.

Fcking sick of hearing it personally so I usually choose to swerve topics about LF.
                Again wrong but you are slightly right except your to early , people started to turn after his second window and his reappointment of his puppet

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  Good post Tarbie and one day at Wembley aside we have not even had a decent cup run under his ownership. Pompey won the FA Cup and Leeds had a champions league semi final after spending money they never had.
                  Didn't Pompey go into administration?

Comment

Again wrong but you are slightly right except your to early , people started to turn after his second window and his reappointment of his puppet
                    I am 99.9% sure there are a few that have very rarely / almost never said anything positive about LF's role.

Comment

• I like the policy of credit where its due and criticize where it is also due in regards to Rangers.

Les has arguably one of the hardest jobs in football for someone with such little experience in doing what he's doing, so I think that should always be remembered.
                      The new policy the owners and chief exec have wanted to go down of slashing the budget, turning over lots of players, removing quality with not so much quality has to be hard.
                      I think all fans have to accept that with the new policy of buying cheap undeveloped players through scouting - it means that you are going to get some dud buys which aren't going to work out.

For every Pawel Wcholek, there may be a Seb Polter - you win some, you lose some.
                      Les IMO, is doing a good job on what he's been asked to do by the owners.

If you want someone to blame - blame the owners.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                        I like the policy of credit where its due and criticize where it is also due in regards to Rangers.

Les has arguably one of the hardest jobs in football for someone with such little experience in doing what he's doing, so I think that should always be remembered.
                        The new policy the owners and chief exec have wanted to go down of slashing the budget, turning over lots of players, removing quality with not so much quality has to be hard.
                        I think all fans have to accept that with the new policy of buying cheap undeveloped players through scouting - it means that you are going to get some dud buys which aren't going to work out.

For every Pawel Wcholek, there may be a Seb Polter - you win some, you lose some.
                        Couldn't agree more.

Comment

• Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                          I like the policy of credit where its due and criticize where it is also due in regards to Rangers.

Les IMO, is doing a good job on what he's been asked to do by the owners.

If you want someone to blame - blame the owners.
                          Great post.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I am 99.9% sure there are a few that have very rarely / almost never said anything positive about LF's role.
                            But you said some people have slaughtered LF since he got A job at QPR that's just not true Mushy , yes people didn't like the idea of a dof and certainly not one on work expirience
                            You'd be right to say that escalated during the capitulation in religation and as I his reappointment of his puppet which did upset many and caused a fair bit of discontent that has been growing

Comment

But you said some people have slaughtered LF since he got A job at QPR that's just not true Mushy , yes people didn't like the idea of a dof and certainly not one on work expirience
                              You'd be right to say that escalated during the capitulation in religation and as I his reappointment of his puppet which did upset many and caused a fair bit of discontent that has been growing
                              You should re-read post #186 then...i changed the word slaughtered.

Fact is there are a fair few on here who simply have nothing positive to say about LF (and TF) and to criticise everything they do has become their agenda

Comment

Fact is there are a fair few on here who simply have nothing positive to say about LF (and TF) and to criticise everything they do has become their agenda
                                It's very difficult for any rational QPR supporter not to be critical of TF. An astronomical sum has been effectively pissedupthewall only for us to find ourselves well below where we were when he arrived. So however much anyone loves him, however good his intentions, in business terms his reign has been a disaster. The buck has to stop somewhere.

It is deeply depressing that the majority of people on here feel Les has done a good job, but back in the real world his performance as a DoF leaves much to be desired. Then again, he didn't appoint himself.
                                Last edited by hal9thou; 11-01-2017, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X