Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I don't think it'll be Tim Sherwood

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
    Gold Seat
    • Sep 2012
    • 8957

    #31
    Well we have time on our side now with the international break.

    Will stick with my original post though. I do not see Tim Sherwood getting the job at all.

    Les would be signing his own death warrant. He's not that dumb surely.

    Comment

    • 1973 ranger
      Gold Seat
      • Aug 2012
      • 5990

      #32
      Fancy its either Cotterill or Clement myself as I know Cotterill is held in high regard due to his coaching stint a couple of years ago.

      Comment

      • Tarbie
        Gold Seat
        • Mar 2009
        • 8542

        #33
        The more I hear, the more I think the whole Sherwood story is nonsense. I'd put my mortgage on us selecting a young manager who has only operated at League 1 & Championship level.

        Comment

        • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
          Gold Seat
          • Sep 2012
          • 8957

          #34
          Same chaps.

          Forget all this 'nailed on' nonsense and the 'bookies favourite' the bookies would spin any old yarn to get fools parted with their money.

          If it's him I'd be genuinely shocked. Some people thinks it's a foregone conclusion. I can see a surprise name being thrown into the ring.

          Comment

          • 1973 ranger
            Gold Seat
            • Aug 2012
            • 5990

            #35
            If it was sherwood he would be in by now

            Comment

            • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
              Gold Seat
              • Sep 2012
              • 8957

              #36
              Originally posted by 1973 ranger
              If it was sherwood he would be in by now
              Not really mate. Contracts have to be agreed. League targets tied into bonuses, budgets discussed, lawyers to go over contracts and agree them, agents role and fees, all kinds of things that can't be done instantly.

              Comment

              • 1973 ranger
                Gold Seat
                • Aug 2012
                • 5990

                #37
                Jimmy, If it was as certain as some suggested then that would be sorted as there is no need for permission or any or the stuff. Agree with you though it will not be Sherwood.

                Comment

                • Lunar Jetman
                  Silver Seat
                  • Jan 2010
                  • 1380

                  #38
                  Originally posted by Tarbie
                  The more I hear, the more I think the whole Sherwood story is nonsense. I'd put my mortgage on us selecting a young manager who has only operated at League 1 & Championship level.
                  I hear Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is free. He meets that criteria....

                  Comment

                  • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                    Gold Seat
                    • Sep 2012
                    • 8957

                    #39
                    Originally posted by 1973 ranger
                    Jimmy, If it was as certain as some suggested then that would be sorted as there is no need for permission or any or the stuff. Agree with you though it will not be Sherwood.
                    I know what you mean re; fees, but the rest still takes a certain amount of time to sort. QPR may want to offer less Ģ than maybe they previously wanted too, budgets gone down to us already signing a number of players. Things like that.

                    Who knows mate. Once we get a sniff of someone being asked by QPR for an interview we'll know what kind of man we're going for.

                    Comment

                    • 1973 ranger
                      Gold Seat
                      • Aug 2012
                      • 5990

                      #40
                      I have a gut feeling for Cotterill as this would suit LF not my choice but not unrealistic. My own choice would be Gary Rowett the guy who helped JFH the job here by giving him the base to work at Burton. Done a brilliant job at Brum and young and up and coming.

                      Comment

                      • Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                        Gold Seat
                        • Sep 2012
                        • 8957

                        #41
                        Agree with all your points mate.

                        On reflection over the weekend, I'd love Paul Clement.

                        Comment

                        • 1973 ranger
                          Gold Seat
                          • Aug 2012
                          • 5990

                          #42
                          Still not convinced totally nail my colours to Rowett. Very impressed by the way his teams are set up and clearly gets his message across to them.

                          Comment

                          • nasser95
                            Gold Seat
                            • Dec 2012
                            • 7216

                            #43
                            Originally posted by 1973 ranger
                            I have a gut feeling for Cotterill as this would suit LF not my choice but not unrealistic. My own choice would be Gary Rowett the guy who helped JFH the job here by giving him the base to work at Burton. Done a brilliant job at Brum and young and up and coming.
                            I remember doing my level one and someone told me that Cotterill has all his badges but is an awful, awful coach and manager, something about him having no actual footballing mentality and just being qualified without having any actual talent or understanding beyond what they told him to study for the badges.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                            Comment

                            • 1QPRDK
                              Silver Seat
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 2151

                              #44
                              Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit
                              Well we have time on our side now with the international break.

                              Will stick with my original post though. I do not see Tim Sherwood getting the job at all.

                              Les would be signing his own death warrant. He's not that dumb surely.
                              Letīs hope not.
                              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

                              Comment

                              • 1973 ranger
                                Gold Seat
                                • Aug 2012
                                • 5990

                                #45
                                Nas Cotterill is well regarded at QPR based on a bit of coaching a couple of years ago.

                                Comment

                                Working...