Why I think JFH is doing a good job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    Jimmy doing a 4 out of 10 job for us,we won't be relegated under him and wont be promoted (or make plays off's ,this season anyway),he is a league 1 manager who has assembled a team mainly of league 1 players and a few championship players and a few unknown foreigners ,plays totally negative tactics which bore the fans ,if that's what Les and the board want then he is perfect for then
    Couldn't have put it better. Spot on.

Comment

Just a few points:
      1) as most have pointed out, getting rid of players out of contract is hardly a big tick for the clueless clown. You say that wasnt your main point but you bang on about it for 2 paragraphs.
      2) these players have gone but he has spent money.....quite a bit. We have not had to live on freebies and loans. Most managers would be delighted to have his budget.
      3) youth players .....he's been here less than a year but you think he deserves credit for youth team players being given a chance? He's given them a chance, yes but so did Ramsey. That is a change of philosophy at club, nothing to do with JFH. The players are good enough due to youth coaches. If JFH had been here for a few years, then this arguement would have some weight but he hasn't and it doesn't.
      4) he has 1 promotion to league 1
      5) his highest top level managerial experience was 6 months experience in league 1.
      6) choice of players.....I thought he had limited involvement in player recruitment and that was why telegraph footage was rubbish?
      7) we do have a decent squad but that is mainly down to a) cash, b) change of philosophy and c) les
      8) he only got the job because he's a big ex premier league player
      9) in my view we have shown no progression since he took over. Given his inexperience, we're hoping/praying that he is this best young manager but we're playing a risky game.
      10) we're a recently relegated premiership London team, with some reasonably rich owners, we should not be taking punts on managers

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        Just a few points:
        1) as most have pointed out, getting rid of players out of contract is hardly a big tick for the clueless clown. You say that wasnt your main point but you bang on about it for 2 paragraphs.
        2) these players have gone but he has spent money.....quite a bit. We have not had to live on freebies and loans. Most managers would be delighted to have his budget.
        3) youth players .....he's been here less than a year but you think he deserves credit for youth team players being given a chance? He's given them a chance, yes but so did Ramsey. That is a change of philosophy at club, nothing to do with JFH. The players are good enough due to youth coaches. If JFH had been here for a few years, then this arguement would have some weight but he hasn't and it doesn't.
        5) his highest top level managerial experience was 6 months experience in league 1.
        6) choice of players.....I thought he had limited involvement in player recruitment and that was why telegraph footage was rubbish?
        7) we do have a decent squad but that is mainly down to a) cash, b) change of philosophy and c) les
        9) in my view we have shown no progression since he took over. Given his inexperience, we're hoping/praying that he is this best young manager but we're playing a risky game.
        10) we're a recently relegated premiership London team, with some reasonably rich owners, we should not be taking punts on managers
        He said it's the fact that he's done just as well as his predecessor on much lower wages, that was his point.
        He spent 8ish mil this season and lost 10 mil in talent. Financially, the side's been weakened. Compare that to clubs like Wolves, Leeds, Norwich, Villa, Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, who've all bought more than they've sold.
        He deserves credit for it because before him, the only youth player who had a look in was Darnell Furlong. No one else got a chance under Ramsey. Meanwhile, since JFH has come in, Shodipo, Hamaleinen and Kakay have staked their claim for a starting spot.
        You can also say since coming to England, he's gotten promoted immediately and set the team up in those 6 months to get promoted, which he did.
        He is given a list of 5 players after making a suggestion on what is needed. He is also capable of making a suggestion and if the scouts agree with his decision, he is capable of bringing the player in.
        You cannot make the assumption for 8 at allk. It's a ludicrous assumption to make that is purely aimed at making his appointment look bad.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Agree can't see how he has got credit for allowing players to leave when their contacts have expired. Keeping them at the club would be tantamount to servitude.
          Also letting Austin go is hardly something to be proud off, can't remember when selling the family silver is regarded as anything other than a necessity that's been forced upon one.
          As to the same points as last season ...I understand with a less talented squad but isn't a sign of a good manager to improve in such circumstances.
          I do give JFZ credit but not for the reasons of the OP. I think he's galvanised the squad with the team being more united than in recent history. Formation wise we look better but he doesn't appear to overly motivate players and we lack ideas. I'd say 5/10 at the moment but we should keep him.

Comment

Can we put aside for a minute player wages and changes in personnel to ask ourselves how long we should be patient in seeing something other than the relatively boring mediocrity of the current system under JFH?

It's clear this is why attendance is down, fans are more often than not dismayed and disappointed, and this blog lights up after nearly every game.

I started following/cheering on QPR the season they were relegated under Hughes/Redknapp because as dysfunctional and messed up as they were back then, at least they were entertaining. Taarabt. Joey Barton. Clint Hill. The team had attitude, and so did the fans, making the pain of losing somehow tolerable.

Today, we present ourselves as a rather colorless collection of players who too rarely score a goal, or give fans a reason to rise. I'm all for building a base more solid that what came before, but does that reconstruction project have to be so stubbornly and competitively boring.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              He said it's the fact that he's done just as well as his predecessor on much lower wages, that was his point.
              He spent 8ish mil this season and lost 10 mil in talent. Financially, the side's been weakened. Compare that to clubs like Wolves, Leeds, Norwich, Villa, Brighton, Sheffield Wednesday, Birmingham, who've all bought more than they've sold.
              He deserves credit for it because before him, the only youth player who had a look in was Darnell Furlong. No one else got a chance under Ramsey. Meanwhile, since JFH has come in, Shodipo, Hamaleinen and Kakay have staked their claim for a starting spot.
              You can also say since coming to England, he's gotten promoted immediately and set the team up in those 6 months to get promoted, which he did.
              He is given a list of 5 players after making a suggestion on what is needed. He is also capable of making a suggestion and if the scouts agree with his decision, he is capable of bringing the player in.
              You cannot make the assumption for 8 at allk. It's a ludicrous assumption to make that is purely aimed at making his appointment look bad.
              Financially weakened side? Not even sure what's that means or whether it's relevant to how good the team/squad is.

He hardly had a long management career before he came to England. And you could argue he just rode on back of rowett s work at burton.

He won 1 promotion to league 1, and had 4 months experience managing in league 1. You think if his name was JFH, qpr would have looked at him?

Comment

Rowett was the major reason for Burton's rise and is held in much higher regard by their fans and people at the club. As for us having a financially weakend side not sure about that as we have a high wage player still there who never kicks a ball in the league and we have spent a few quid on player. If you look at how Ollie and Warnock put teams together for a promotion run and look at this lot it is clear we are lacking and are a million miles from promotion as both teams had character and leaders something we do not posess right now.

Comment

If JFH is doing such a good job why are the majority of fans unhappy? We are yet to go on a bad run (just been inconsistent). For some reason in November/December we often have a bad run. If this were to happen, imagine what would happen with the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                    Just a few points:

Well put & thats all right aswell, its a good job burnley west brom crystal palace norwich dont have the same plan as ours being happy with mid table & rubbish football with a unexperienced manager out of his depth or theyd not be either in the prem or gunning for it promotion wise! & to think like you said we`ve got the wealthiest owners around, i know we`ve got the ffp hanging over us but no excuse for bringing in a rookie manager for a club thats been in the prem a couple of seasons ago!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Well put & thats all right aswell, its a good job burnley west brom crystal palace norwich dont have the same plan as ours being happy with mid table & rubbish football with a unexperienced manager out of his depth or theyd not be either in the prem or gunning for it promotion wise! & to think like you said we`ve got the wealthiest owners around, i know we`ve got the ffp hanging over us but no excuse for bringing in a rookie manager for a club thats been in the prem a couple of seasons ago!
                      Burnley stayed mid table championship for a long time...
                      Norwich went down in 2005 and stayed in the lower leagues for 6 years before getting back into the prem.
                      Palace failed miserably when they went up in 2004 and it took them 8 years to build the club back up to be a stable side capable of getting into the prem.
                      West Brom spent 10 of the last 14 seasons in the prem... not sure how they're comparable to us.

These are literally the worst comparisons you could come up with and at the same time, they're the best you could come up with because they prove that it takes time to build the correct work ethic to succeed long term. That begins with putting faith in a young manager with little experience.... you know, like how Sean Dyche had one season's experience managing - guiding a very good Watford side to a very average mid table championship finish, before being taken on by Burnley. But he was such an exceptional manager and isn't remotely comparable to the fool running us who had... 2... seasons and a half experience including guiding a very average league 2 side to league 1 before guiding that same side to the top of League 1...
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

JFH is bang average 6/10 like his football team for me.

Hope he gets it right and we improve as the season goes on. But the jury is out and it could go either way which is par for the course with a young inexperienced manager I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          Burnley stayed mid table championship for a long time...
                          Norwich went down in 2005 and stayed in the lower leagues for 6 years before getting back into the prem.
                          Palace failed miserably when they went up in 2004 and it took them 8 years to build the club back up to be a stable side capable of getting into the prem.
                          West Brom spent 10 of the last 14 seasons in the prem... not sure how they're comparable to us.

These are literally the worst comparisons you could come up with and at the same time, they're the best you could come up with because they prove that it takes time to build the correct work ethic to succeed long term. That begins with putting faith in a young manager with little experience.... you know, like how Sean Dyche had one season's experience managing - guiding a very good Watford side to a very average mid table championship finish, before being taken on by Burnley. But he was such an exceptional manager and isn't remotely comparable to the fool running us who had... 2... seasons and a half experience including guiding a very average league 2 side to league 1 before guiding that same side to the top of League 1...
                          League 2 and league 1....big difference betweeen championship and prem.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Pinkie JFHs football has been dross can't argue against that but it's a bit harsh to blame him for being happy to be a mid table plan that was decided before he got to the club he is
                            Trying to blend a large group of new comers into squad of championship players , so here I go AGAIN dont just heap it all on the manager look a bit higher to take a fair share

Comment

Does anybody remember why we actually got rid of Ramsey? When he left we were 13th in the Championship. Wasn't he supposed to get us into the play-offs with the team we had? It was thought he was unable to do this and so was sacked. JFH came along had basically the same team and we finished 12th. Hardly an improvement. Everybody said that in the summer and with a preseason he would be able to improve the team. Does anybody really believe this is happening at the moment? In a division which IMO seems worse than last year we are currently 13th. However this is not the problem with JFH. He doesn't seem able to motivate his players and can only play with one plan. If this fails he is unable to adapt.

Nas the very average league 2 side JFH took over were 5th in the league when he was appointed and he was given funds to strengthen the team. They also succeeded in getting promoted to the Championship after he left and are not doing too badly in the Championship. I think you are insulting Sean Dyche by comparing him to our current manager. Sean Dyche. He started as under 18s manager at Watford, before becoming assistant manager, he then became manager and guided them to their best finish in 11 years. He became manager of Burnley in 2012. I don't think that too many people would disagree with me that he has done a good job at Burnley with limited resources.

Comment

Fair play dogs, but ive seen enough of jfh to decide for myself hes not what we want playing style wise or motivation in my opinion, but for nas to knock my comparisions but to come out with in another thread about say warnock took us up what then? lol very odd thing to say about winning promotion! but anyway thats not about this thread so...
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X