Hasselbaink calls for patience with young QPR prodigy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hasselbaink calls for patience with young QPR prodigy

The QPR manager has said that young talent Olamide Shodipo needs time to develop.....

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/10/21...rodigy/page/1/

He is spot on. We do have to accept he is just 19 and will fail sometimes.

Comment

I agree. But to be honest I haven't seen any complaints about him so far. He's proven himself to be a very talented young player. Sure there might be portions of games where he is pretty quiet or struggling to get into the game, but as Jimmy says, he's only 19, he's still developing. And I think most, if not all, those that have watched him understand that. Personally I like the kid, I think he's probably the brightest prospect to come through our ranks since Ray Jones, and I'd like to see him get more game time.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He is one of the reasons why I find this season as exciting as any of the few last ones.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          I agree. But to be honest I haven't seen any complaints about him so far. He's proven himself to be a very talented young player. Sure there might be portions of games where he is pretty quiet or struggling to get into the game, but as Jimmy says, he's only 19, he's still developing. And I think most, if not all, those that have watched him understand that. Personally I like the kid, I think he's probably the brightest prospect to come through our ranks since Ray Jones, and I'd like to see him get more game time.
          I haven't seen anyone on forums complain but I have heard a few at games whining about him. Really great to see kids having a home grown player on their shirt.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
            I haven't seen anyone on forums complain but I have heard a few at games whining about him. Really great to see kids having a home grown player on their shirt.
            You always get the odd idiot at games mate. There's a guy in R block who sits near me who does absolutely nothing but yell obscenities about Jimmy. The bloke barely makes a sound when we're playing well, barely even celebrates when we score. But as soon as the other team have possession, he starts with the moaning and the insults. He did the same towards Austin in the games he didn't score for us. Absolute weapon of the highest order.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

The only complaint I have heard on here is that maybe he shouldn't start and would be better coming on as a sub. That isn't really a complaint but is constructive.

Comment

Who is being impatient clueless Jim? Other than the odd idiot at games, he's been well supported.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                  Who is being impatient clueless Jim? Other than the odd idiot at games, he's been well supported.
                  Nkce to see your softening a bit towards him a tad by leaving out the clown part of his name after five unbeaten mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Nkce to see your softening a bit towards him a tad by leaving out the clown part of his name after five unbeaten mate.
                    It's like Tourettes mate, can't help the abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      You always get the odd idiot at games mate. There's a guy in R block who sits near me who does absolutely nothing but yell obscenities about Jimmy. The bloke barely makes a sound when we're playing well, barely even celebrates when we score. But as soon as the other team have possession, he starts with the moaning and the insults. He did the same towards Austin in the games he didn't score for us. Absolute weapon of the highest order.
                      Whereabouts in R Block are you Ginge? I'm there as well

Comment

Jimmy is spot on. Learning positional sense and preserving energy takes time. He will be a handful towards the end of season.

Comment

Even if we could find one little gem from our youth a season, I'd be over the moon.

I'd like to see more of him in the last 15 to 20 minutes, he has pace.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            Even if we could find one little gem from our youth a season, I'd be over the moon.

I'd like to see more of him in the last 15 to 20 minutes, he has pace.
                            Two so far. One starting today.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              Whereabouts in R Block are you Ginge? I'm there as well
                              Where you come up the stairs to the block, go right and immediately along the row, I'm round there.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2