No announcement yet.

Lost Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 league win all season at home should mean the sack knowing our jokers we will extend his contract.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      So how come the people who suggested that we'd get relegated last season and were even worried that we'd get relegated this season, don't appreciate being called deluded for thinking such, despite how ridiculous that suggestion was. I personally see a legitimate possibility of something positive happening, yet thinking such a way gets me called deluded. Since when has negativity been encouraged ffs
      Is that my argument though? I can't speak for anyone else. All I'm saying is that we are going to have to go on a run that we have not even hinted at at any point since JFH took charge in order to achieve what you are suggesting. So I'll ask again....what is your optimism as regards making the play-offs actually based on?

You can make a pretty strong argument for this team fnishing in the bottom 3 this season, with a stronger league (MK Dons, Bolton and Charlton were all effectively League one sides last season in terms of quality) and sides down the bottom bringing in experienced quality managers to improve their fortunes. Derby, Villa and Cardiff will almost certainly all leapfrog us soon, and then we're talking about being in the bottom 6 or 7 and well in a relegation scrap.
      Last edited by surrey_hoop; 15-10-2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
        Hahahahahaha. You love a stat nas so here's one for you. QPR have won one home league game this season and that was on the opening day. One. In that time we've faced footballing giants such as blackburn(bottom at the time) and Preston (winless at the time). We've also been humiliated by Newcastle who could easily have smashed us for double figures. Based on those FACTS what makes you think we will suddenly win the next 3 out of 4 at loftus road? What have you seen from this side to suggest that? We are going nowhere under Jimmy absolutely bloody nowhere
        Form is almost never a constant at this level. You can go through phases of not doing anything right at home, to doing everything right at home. I think we're getting to a tipping point with it. Again, I can see why you don't, but I'm a bit more positive with my predictions than I'd imagine quite a few would be.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Form is almost never a constant at this level. You can go through phases of not doing anything right at home, to doing everything right at home. I think we're getting to a tipping point with it. Again, I can see why you don't, but I'm a bit more positive with my predictions than I'd imagine quite a few would be.
          You still haven't answered my question. Saying that form isn't a constant is pretty obvious. You still need to win many more games than you lose (at least twice as many in fact) in order to make the play-offs, and we haven't done that for a sustained period of time at this level for over 3 years. For the third and final time - what have you seen in this side which even suggests to you that we are going to turn the corner from being (at best) a mid table side to being a top six side? It shouldn't be a difficult question to answer if you are really that confident about it. It doesn't count as 'form' when you have been in about the same middling league position for most of the last year.

"I think we're getting to a tipping point with it. Again, I can see why you don't,"

Well yes, because by any objective measure the football we're playing and the results we're achieving are no better than this time last season.
          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 15-10-2016, 10:36 PM.

Comment

The shitte being served up a loftus road is impossible to defend

JFH is recking Qpr at present with his crap formations and negative tactics

He is rubbish.. Out of his depth ...Needs to become a public speaker instead.....watch Cardiff go now ..Tony..Les

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
              The shitte being served up a loftus road is impossible to defend

JFH is recking Qpr at present with his crap formations and negative tactics

He is rubbish.. Out of his depth ...Needs to become a public speaker instead.....watch Cardiff go now ..Tony..Les
              Nasser's having a pretty good go.

Comment

I think it is very difficult to defend JFH on the performances dished up this last 11 months.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                  You still haven't answered my question. Saying that form isn't a constant is pretty obvious. You still need to win many more games than you lose in order to make the play-offs, and we haven't done that for a sustained period of time at this level for over 3 years. For the third and final time - what have you seen in this side which even suggests to you that we are going to turn the corner from being (at best) a mid table side to being a top six side? It shouldn't be a difficult question to answer if you are really that confident about it. It doesn't count as 'form' when you have been in about the same middling league position for most of the last year.
                  We're creating chances from all over now, multiple routes of danger, as demonstrated today and at the Fulham game. We haven't lost in 4 and we're being more proactive with substitutions as opposed to being reactive during our worst period this season. We're about to start seeing more of our best first XI and certain players in particular are putting in good performances at the right time, such as Wszolek and Sylla. We have 4 matches now before the next international break where we can start to boost our all round performances. Our keeper is back to his best after a shaky period earlier this season and we're about to get back a legitimate left back after having to play the last two games with a centre back out wide. We're getting our best player back from tuesday hopefully and he'll give us more solidity in the middle and we've finally found the right position to play Conor if need be, which gives us more options. We've got a London derby coming up and we've won our last 3 prior which gives me hope. We haven't lost to Bristol in our last 5 attempts and we've only lost once to Sheffield in our last. Granted we haven't had the best recent history against Nottingham Forest, but our away performances could get us a positive result there.

So that's where my positive outlook lies. You would call it a stretch, I don't. I think it's a pretty fair evaluation of our potential and with a bit of luck, we can use a potential upturn to push us on until January where we can reevaluate.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We're creating chances from all over now, multiple routes of danger, as demonstrated today and at the Fulham game. We haven't lost in 4 and we're being more proactive with substitutions as opposed to being reactive during our worst period this season. We're about to start seeing more of our best first XI and certain players in particular are putting in good performances at the right time, such as Wszolek and Sylla. We have 4 matches now before the next international break where we can start to boost our all round performances. Our keeper is back to his best after a shaky period earlier this season and we're about to get back a legitimate left back after having to play the last two games with a centre back out wide. We're getting our best player back from tuesday hopefully and he'll give us more solidity in the middle and we've finally found the right position to play Conor if need be, which gives us more options. We've got a London derby coming up and we've won our last 3 prior which gives me hope. We haven't lost to Bristol in our last 5 attempts and we've only lost once to Sheffield in our last. Granted we haven't had the best recent history against Nottingham Forest, but our away performances could get us a positive result there.

So that's where my positive outlook lies. You would call it a stretch, I don't. I think it's a pretty fair evaluation of our potential and with a bit of luck, we can use a potential upturn to push us on until January where we can reevaluate.
                    "We're creating chances from all over now, multiple routes of danger."

That doesn't count for much when you aren't actually outscoring the opponent. It's also not really a reason to think we'll jump from 14th to 6th, when our defence is still as porous as ever.

"We have 4 matches now before the next international break where we can start to boost our all round performances."

Based on what though? It's all well and good saying that we COULD do that, but we haven't really improved to any significant degree for nearly a year.

"we're about to get back a legitimate left back..."

If you mean Bidwell, he's an utter liability.

"We haven't lost to Bristol in our last 5 attempts and we've only lost once to Sheffield."

Both are playing better football than us at present.

"We haven't lost in 4."

I thought form wasn't constant, and therefore couldn't be relied upon as an indicator of performance? You can't have it both ways.

Comment

I honestly feel that with the right manager we could be great

Does Tony realise the feelings the fans have at the moment towards JFH

Has he tweeted yet today ?

Comment

I honestly feel that with the right manager we could be great

Does Tony realise the feelings the fans have at the moment towards JFH

Has he tweeted yet today ?

We would do alright mate. It's not the squad that's rubbish.....

Comment

"A lot of people agree with Donald Trump, doesn't make him right at all, ditto for Hillary."

Probably the most idiotic analogy to a football opinion I've read in a long time.
                          Agree.

In fairness we could be bottom of the league with a -50 GD & stat boy would defend them.

That's why I don't bother reading his posts any more. Full of shite.

Comment

"We're creating chances from all over now, multiple routes of danger."

That doesn't count for much when you aren't actually outscoring the opponent. It's also not really a reason to think we'll jump from 14th to 6th, when our defence is still as porous as ever.

"We have 4 matches now before the next international break where we can start to boost our all round performances."

Based on what though? It's all well and good saying that we COULD do that, but we haven't really improved to any significant degree for nearly a year.

"we're about to get back a legitimate left back..."

If you mean Bidwell, he's an utter liability.

"We haven't lost to Bristol in our last 5 attempts and we've only lost once to Sheffield."

Both are playing better football than us at present.

"We haven't lost in 4."

I thought form wasn't constant, and therefore couldn't be relied upon as an indicator of performance? You can't have it both ways.
                            Don't mean Bidwell, Robinson looks to be coming back soon.

As for Bristol and Sheffield, both were playing better football than us last year too, In fact, here's some interesting points: Prior to us beating Bristol 1 nil last season at home, they had lost just one of their previous 6 games. As for Sheffield, well prior to our 1 1 draw with them, they had just seen the end of a very strong unbeaten run as well as only losing once at home. To get a draw against them was mighty impressive. Alongside that, our nil nil draw with them at home came about after Sheffield had gone unbeaten in 5 and winning 3 in the process, all while we were sliding down the table having won just one of the previous 6.

Notice how both were playing better football than us whenever we got decent results against them, so again, this is the championship, anything is possible.

As for form not being constant, you're absolutely right, form is never a constant in football, not least at this level, but it does have a psychological effect on confidence and a team is more likely to go into a match feeling more prepared as a unit if they haven't lost recently. With that being said, the chances of winning and losing are unaffected, but at least psychologically you go in with a particular outlook. Coming out of it with the same view isn't necessarily going to happen obviously, but no reason not to be hopeful for me at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                              Agree.

In fairness we could be bottom of the league with a -50 GD & stat boy would defend them.

That's why I don't bother reading his posts any more. Full of shite.
                              Oh no, how will I sleep at night knowing you don't read my posts.

Btw, it really surprises and disappoints me that a supporters forum has so many people criticising someone who is keeping positive, just because they don't want to. You guys give your opinions on why things are horrible and we're all going to die in the next three months and I give reasons why there's hope. Anything could happen, we could go down the drain performance wise and results wise, or we could shoot up the table results wise, I choose to have faith in the second option and I have my own reasons. Now, if you don't agree with them, I have no issue at all, I can see why you'd think that and I wouldn't criticise you personally for it, it's just that I disagree, something I figured I'm allowed to do... apparently not.

Comment

Might go back to carp fishing again

Sitting on a cold river bank with 1 small bite in 9 hours is a bit more exciting.
                                I went with mates once, we caught sticklebacks and poured lager down there throats . I'd rather watch Rangers under Paul hart than fish . Jimmys gotta go, my next game is forest away and that sums it up .
                                Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                                X