No announcement yet.

How do we improve the atmosphere at HQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disabled fans sit in the paddocks, so they can't be moved so wouldn't be enough seats left for the amount of children and parents going. Also there aren't kids upstairs, why doesn't the upper loft sing? I think the Lower Loft provides as much noise.

Comment

ive taken my kids for years in paddocks , sar, and ellersie , do we need a family enclosure

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Impossible. It died when TF created 'the family stand'. Until the loft is reclaimed you'll never get the atmosphere back to how it used to be. Simple as that.

The even more damaging aspect of that decision is that competitive points have been lost as a direct result of the loss of atmosphere. A clear correlation can be made, because the clear advantage it once gave us was taken away, like a rug being pulled from under our feet. Calamitous business decision that was, in the days of Beard, a poorly advised Chairman, and zero fan consultation.
        Wasn't that (family stand) down to Tango & cash?

Comment

the Ultras at Palace have certainly turned the atmosphere round at Selhurst Park , maybe our youth could do the same ,minus the cringey bits like all dressing in black and pretending to be Italian .
          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

It's pointed out to me by a pal that we haven't too many personalities in the team at present. Have we any? The team which went up, played poorly, often, but we could easily identify with the likes of Clint, Charlie, Joey. Richard Dunne. Back in the recent day there were the likes of Danny S, Shaun Derry, the Iceman, Jamie M in his heyday. The BFG is maybe the only current fella I think would die in the proverbial ditch for the team. Kelvin's political opinions win favour from me, but it's a tad hard to identify with some of our squad...... I still don't know if the new French left winger, the fella who is played on the right, is called Nani, Nini, Yani, Yoni or what....... And I couldn't pick Cilla out of a queue in Waitrose.

Comment

But you wouldnt have been able to pick out Faurlin before he played for us for a while.

As for the Palace model, I totally agree. I watched MOTD2 and they showed City fans singing songs about Guardiola. I hadnt heard them before and we just use the same old recycled songs.

The youth need to get together, get the standing culture sorted and go out to have a good time making plenty of noise.

Comment

Comment

Entertaining football and a connection from the punters right up-to the board. Ollie managed as did Warnock but since the takeover it has been lost.

Comment

I know it's kind of sad but I was thinking of having speakers around the ground, when it goes flat the club should play some of our chanting on it, not loud, but enough to get everyone singing.

A simple "QPR QPR QPR" is better than nothing. It might make some who never sing join in as well?

The main reason is the football like everyone says.

Comment

I took my son Satuday in the family stand and couldn't really hear much singing at all, got him to join in with a few Hoops chants and got funny looks!! Hahha
                      The early bird catches the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese....

Comment

Probably don't help that Jimmy seems quite serious and cold. There's no connection between him and the fans or the club. Like someone said, ollie and warnock managed it, and they were the best times that we've seen (play-off at Wembley aside)

Comment

That connection went once Fernandes got rid of Warnock for Hughes and has never returned.

Comment

Originally posted by qprdad View Post
                            Wasn't that (family stand) down to Tango & cash?
                            Whoever originally instigated it, it's been disastrous, not just for the loss of atmosphere but loss of competitive points too.

Check this thread out at the time it was being pushed through: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...1#.V9a-j5grJhE

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              That connection went once Fernandes got rid of Warnock for Hughes and has never returned.
                              In fairness two of the best occasions down the Rangers in recent years were under Hughes; the wins against Liverpool and Stoke at home. Great results and important games. Brilliant atmosphere. Hughes was stone cold and unlikeable. Wigan at home in the playoffs under Harry was pretty good too. When there's something at stake and/ or the team delivers we all go crazy and these the best atmosphere ever. Wembley, anyone. It helps that the team performs and that we care about the players. Good atmosphere at Fulham last year; singing, er, 'we're not very good' (sic) in the face of Ramsey's rubbish was kinda fun.

Comment

Was at both games and yes they both had a great atmosphere as was Arsenal at home under Hughes. Just feel the club and supporters parted after the takeover.

Comment

Working...
                                X