Next 5 Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next 5 Games

There has been a lot of good debate already on how good or poor we have been this season (with statements such as we should't lose to the likes of Preston or Barnsley).

For my part as one of the few that went to the Barnsley game, we weren't at our best by any means, however should have come away with a draw imo (after they equalised for 2-2, they had the impetus which at home, anything can happen and it did) and for me, their last two goals were in part significantly contributed to by poor decisions by the referee. Despite the loss, on the long old trek home, both me and my mate were encouraged by what we saw. Barnsley looked a decent enough side, especially at home. Results since then and where they are in the League at the moment suggest that they are currently playing very well, so all in all a loss away maybe wasn't as bad as some people have stated in previous posts. (won all three home games, scored 9 goals and the only two conceded were against us)

Preston at home well enough said, we just looked totally flat, if we had played well and lost then I would be more concerned, it was just one of those days and there will be many more like that in the Championship, which will work in our favour but equally also to our detriment. That's what makes this league so difficult.

So on to the main point of my post

The next 5 games will be a true barometer of our credentials this year. I for one will only really start to judge or assess us once these games have concluded. We will have had the 2 week international break (had players rest the niggles) and seen the end of the transfer window, so will clearly understand what our squad will be for the rest of the year. My hopes (at a minimum would be as the teams standings today)

Blackburn (H) - Bottom of the League (Win)
    Newcastle (H) - They sit 4th one place above us (Draw)
    Huddersfield (A) - Top of the League (Loss)
    Birmingham (H) - 10th in League (Win)
    Burton (A) - 13th in the League (Draw) - Would have gone for a win but Burton will be so up for this with Jimmy's return

On the face of this - I would suggest that 7-9 from the 15 points available would be a decent return. Thoughts?

I would go
    Blackburn win
    Newcastle draw
    Huddersfield draw
    Birmingham draw
    Burton win

So nine points Huddersfield is the banana skin from that lot

Obviously got cup game in middle too

Comment

W W L D D 8 points

Comment

agree with u about barnsley they are on fire at home and to really get going , think preston just stopped us playing , they got 3 men round our player with the ball and we didn't know what to do , they gave us no time on the ball and we couldn't deal with this hence the lose . impossible to pick the next 5 results as nothing is certain in this league or i'd be down the bookies . knowing rangers we will lose to blackburn then beat newcastle 3 nil

Comment

Think Burton is gonna be the hardest.
          Blackburn win
          Newcastle win
          Huddersfield draw
          Birmingham draw
          Burton lose

Comment

Blackburn W
            Newcastle L
            Huddersfield W
            Birmingham D
            Burton W

10 points for me! But if we get another 9 then I'd be more than happy!

Comment

Maybe re visit this after the games are played! Madness predicting anything in this league, we are not great but neither is anyone else. Just glad we didn't spend 12 million on a striker like villa did, they are woeful.
              Hopefully we get a gem in transfer window closing stages for little money. Would make a change!

Comment

It is such a hard prediction to make but plenty got it right with the first five games thread asking how many poimts we would have mate.

Comment

Blackburn (H) - L
                  Newcastle (H) - L
                  Huddersfield (A) - D
                  Birmingham (H) - W
                  Burton (A) - D

5 points

Comment

13 points 4 wins 1 draw

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                      Blackburn (H) - L
                      Newcastle (H) - L
                      Huddersfield (A) - D
                      Birmingham (H) - W
                      Burton (A) - D

5 points
                      Really??

Comment

Game by game. It's the only way, especially at this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          Blackburn W
                          Newcastle L
                          Huddersfield W
                          Birmingham D
                          Burton W

10 points for me! But if we get another 9 then I'd be more than happy!
                          I would be happy with 19 too

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                            Really??
                            Thinking Preston performance. Gave them their only points of the season so far. I'm

Comment

Originally posted by Fghoop View Post
                              There has been a lot of good debate already on how good or poor we have been this season (with statements such as we should't lose to the likes of Preston or Barnsley).

For my part as one of the few that went to the Barnsley game, we weren't at our best by any means, however should have come away with a draw imo (after they equalised for 2-2, they had the impetus which at home, anything can happen and it did) and for me, their last two goals were in part significantly contributed to by poor decisions by the referee. Despite the loss, on the long old trek home, both me and my mate were encouraged by what we saw. Barnsley looked a decent enough side, especially at home. Results since then and where they are in the League at the moment suggest that they are currently playing very well, so all in all a loss away maybe wasn't as bad as some people have stated in previous posts. (won all three home games, scored 9 goals and the only two conceded were against us)

Preston at home well enough said, we just looked totally flat, if we had played well and lost then I would be more concerned, it was just one of those days and there will be many more like that in the Championship, which will work in our favour but equally also to our detriment. That's what makes this league so difficult.

So on to the main point of my post

The next 5 games will be a true barometer of our credentials this year. I for one will only really start to judge or assess us once these games have concluded. We will have had the 2 week international break (had players rest the niggles) and seen the end of the transfer window, so will clearly understand what our squad will be for the rest of the year. My hopes (at a minimum would be as the teams standings today)

Blackburn (H) - Bottom of the League (Win)
                              Newcastle (H) - They sit 4th one place above us (Draw)
                              Huddersfield (A) - Top of the League (Loss)
                              Birmingham (H) - 10th in League (Win)
                              Burton (A) - 13th in the League (Draw) - Would have gone for a win but Burton will be so up for this with Jimmy's return

On the face of this - I would suggest that 7-9 from the 15 points available would be a decent return. Thoughts?
                              Agree with pretty much every word of this, including predictions.
                              Burton will be bang up for it but so should we be, Jimmy should make sure of that.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                              X