Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

posting on here - during games?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ramsey is god

    #16
    Originally posted by Johnnykc
    To be fair.....your mental arithmetic would have to be quite good to work out that any given player had run 9.6km with a 68% pass completion rate......
    yea but who gives a sh!t if its all pointless running and backwards passing? thats the beauty of going to a game imho, that you get to make your own assessment of whats happened, as opposed to relying on someone else version, or stats.

    Comment

    • Fordy
      Silver Seat
      • May 2011
      • 4281

      #17
      My phone doesn't function in R block awful signal. Only use my phone to try and check my bets

      Comment

      • CincyHoop
        Apprentice
        • Jun 2015
        • 81

        #18
        Selfishly, I love it when people post on here mid game. Living in the U.S. you get a real flavor for how the game is going rather than just reading a match center that says. Shot missed by Polter. I can also access the forum at work, so today, during the game. I will check the match thread every ten minutes or so to get an update. I appreciate all who do it.

        Comment

        • CroydonCaptainJack
          Gold Seat
          • Jan 2011
          • 6141

          #19
          Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod
          Five and sometimes ten minutes from the end if we are as bad as we were on saturday and even if we played all night would never come back into it. Think ive only ever made a rickett once.
          The thing is Kev, that rickett could be one of those 'i'm so glad I was there' moments like Liverpool at home when Mackie scored.
          I only ever leave early if we are being thumped and I could count the times I have done it on one hand.
          When I was a lot younger I was at LR and we were 4 nil down at HT to Newcastle. My brother wanted to go and I persuaded him to stay. Most of us know how that ended up so I am always wary of leaving early.

          Comment

          • CroydonCaptainJack
            Gold Seat
            • Jan 2011
            • 6141

            #20
            Originally posted by Fordy
            My phone doesn't function in R block awful signal. Only use my phone to try and check my bets
            No, I am in R and it is poor mostly although my Sky sports app seems ok for the other scores.
            Waht happened to that QPR app? It seemed to work ok but they cancelled it didn't they?

            Comment

            • Hove Ranger
              Silver Seat
              • Aug 2011
              • 4441

              #21
              Originally posted by Johnnykc
              What time in the game is the turning point where you leave early?

              I've only actually left a game early once, palace were pissing on us 4-1 or something and I was with a couple of palace mates........i flounced out with about 10 minutes to go and if memory serves, tripped on the steps, for good measure.......
              Walked out early at Derby away the year we went up under Warnock. Was early in the season and we were 2-0 down with about 10 mins to go and didn't look like scoring. We pulled 1 back while i was leaving the stadium so i managed to run round to the home end and watch mackies equaliser from some tunnel that lead from the outside concourse to the pitch. Me and couple mates had to leg it sharpish as the locals didnt take to us celebrating the equaliser well. Great night out after

              Comment

              • nasser95
                Gold Seat
                • Dec 2012
                • 7216

                #22
                Originally posted by Ramsey is god
                suprised really. thought if people paid for a ticket, they would sit there and watch the game, not be on their phone writing about it.

                Nas - as opposed to looking at stats on your phone, couldnt you just look at the game with your own eyes and make your own mind up about things?
                I have a capability to do two things at once... and well... knowing the numbers and watching the games is what I do. I'm more aware of what's happening on the pitch because I keep an eye on all aspects of it, from the numbers to what I see... my assessment of the game is based on what I see as well as what I find in the numbers... That's the beauty of the game, even when you watch the match, you never get the full picture because you start to form opinions and ideas that are not in line with the reality of what's going on. Until you get the absolute facts, you only see what you want to see.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                Comment

                • nasser95
                  Gold Seat
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 7216

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Ramsey is god
                  yea but who gives a sh!t if its all pointless running and backwards passing? thats the beauty of going to a game imho, that you get to make your own assessment of whats happened, as opposed to relying on someone else version, or stats.
                  If you saw a thing or two about the stats and the site used to get them, you can break it down into forward passes, runs that beat a man, passes that lead directly to chances etc...
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                  Comment

                  • CroydonCaptainJack
                    Gold Seat
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 6141

                    #24
                    Originally posted by nasser95
                    I have a capability to do two things at once... and well... knowing the numbers and watching the games is what I do. I'm more aware of what's happening on the pitch because I keep an eye on all aspects of it, from the numbers to what I see... my assessment of the game is based on what I see as well as what I find in the numbers... That's the beauty of the game, even when you watch the match, you never get the full picture because you start to form opinions and ideas that are not in line with the reality of what's going on. Until you get the absolute facts, you only see what you want to see.
                    Whereabouts do you sit Naz?

                    Comment

                    • knocker
                      Silver Seat
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 4009

                      #25
                      Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack
                      Whereabouts do you sit Naz?
                      In local asylum.

                      Comment

                      • Ramsey is god

                        #26
                        Originally posted by nasser95
                        If you saw a thing or two about the stats and the site used to get them, you can break it down into forward passes, runs that beat a man, passes that lead directly to chances etc...
                        back to our old argument Nas. You'll never convince me that reading stats gives you a better view of what a player is doing than actually watching him yourself. The world would need no more scouts.

                        Respect your opinion on it as discussed before, but will never agree.

                        Comment

                        • corbray
                          Silver Seat
                          • Feb 2016
                          • 3030

                          #27
                          i never get a connection at the game but probably wouldn't post anyway in case i missed something, in fact one time i was sitting close to the away end talking to my girlfriend when the other team scored and i ended up joining the cheers for a second or two before realising that it wasn't us who scored. i felt so small haha

                          Comment

                          • davieqpr
                            Silver Seat
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 2804

                            #28
                            Bloke behind me arrives 10mins late both halves,10 mins early both halves,obviously to have a pint. Misses almost half the game.

                            Comment

                            • West Acton
                              CCG
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 21475

                              #29
                              Originally posted by nasser95
                              I have a capability to do two things at once... and well... knowing the numbers and watching the games is what I do. I'm more aware of what's happening on the pitch because I keep an eye on all aspects of it, from the numbers to what I see... my assessment of the game is based on what I see as well as what I find in the numbers... That's the beauty of the game, even when you watch the match, you never get the full picture because you start to form opinions and ideas that are not in line with the reality of what's going on. Until you get the absolute facts, you only see what you want to see.
                              You ever thought about putting your hand in the air next time we need a manager

                              Comment

                              • nasser95
                                Gold Seat
                                • Dec 2012
                                • 7216

                                #30
                                Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack
                                Whereabouts do you sit Naz?
                                E Block Mate,
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                                Comment

                                Working...