Sandro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Where exactly other than CDM does Sandro play? Genuine question because I for one have never seen him used as "cover around the park".
    I think his level of football ability would allow him to do pretty well at this level further forward late on when we're after a winner. Others don't agree but I always thought he had the potential to do a bit of damage up top in a two - I think he could be used off the bench in that capacity. He's strong, sees a bit of space and has a touch.

In reply to Ginge if I had a choice between him or CW to come on late to try and grab one, I think I'd send on the enforcer. I think he could sniff one out. No pun intended....

I don't rate CW or SP as quality strikers, its not like I'd bring on Sandro at 9 for the final ten at Wembley if we were Man City.
    Last edited by hal9thou; 02-09-2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
      I think his level of football ability would allow him to do pretty well at this level further forward late on when we're after a winner. Others don't agree but I always thought he had the potential to do a bit of damage up top in a two - I think he could be used off the bench in that capacity. He's strong, sees a bit of space and has a touch.

In reply to Ginge if I had a choice between him or CW to come on late to try and grab one, I think I'd send on the enforcer. I think he could sniff one out. No pun intended....

I don't rate CW or SP as quality strikers, its not like I'd bring on Sandro at 9 for the final ten at Wembley if we were Man City.
      Fair enough, I have to admit I find the thought of Sandro playing up front a tad ridiculous, but you're entitled to your opinion. Saying that, I did enjoy seeing Dan Shittu play up front for us a couple of times in the past...more for the looks of sheer terror on the opposition's defence's faces
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Fair enough, I have to admit I find the thought of Sandro playing up front a tad ridiculous, but you're entitled to your opinion.
        I agree and each to their own. When I think about it though, I would probably prefer to see Sandro up top than Caulker (looked like a rabbit in the headlights against Preston)

Comment

• Still scratching my head thinking what Sandros done to make him a class above. Nope nothing atal, very average

Comment

• Injuries aside should walk into the side and now window has closed should be up for selection

Comment

• Pick him ahead of Henry. Easy decision.

Comment

• Any update on Sandro being included in league matches

Will he be in squad this week.

Comment

• See somewhere today that Jimmy said The Beast has been exceptional in training and his atitude is great after his disappointment at not getting a move. So i would take that as he will be in the squad, amd more than likely playing.

Comment

• Gotta be a starter , Sandra on his day is probably the best player in our league. Lucky to have him and first name on the team sheet for me.
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• Good, be fantastic to have him back, up for it and firing on all cylinders.

Comment

• time to earn your money sandro

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                          Pick him ahead of Henry. Easy decision.
                          Agree he is the better player but I can't see that Chops ! Different type of players Sandro is more inclined to go forward while Henry is more inclined to stay back

Comment

• Can't wait to see this goal machine in the first XI....

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Agree he is the better player but I can't see that Chops ! Different type of players Sandro is more inclined to go forward while Henry is more inclined to stay back
                              Which is exactly why Sandro should be picked when we want to be further up the park. As was said elsewhere, we can pay too much respect by sitting too deep, and when Henry plays our midpark does sit further back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                                Can't wait to see this goal machine in the first XI....
                                he's got a hard on for a bit of hot goalmouth action, developed a taste last time out

Comment

Working...
                                X