No announcement yet.

Just Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't at the game last night but seen the highlights and IMO it's a great touch from Washington for the first goal, knowing he couldn't finish he's teed it up perfectly for Yeni.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      You really think? Chery 100% would have scored that if he'd taken a shot, the angle was perfect for his left foot and his positioning relative to the ball allows for a good swing.
      Nas, have another look mate.

If he would have 100% scored that, from that position, then we have a 40 goal per season striker on our hands. Nowhere near as easy as it looked and he did absolutely the right thing.

You seem to have ignored Washington's touch for the first goal too.

Comment

Why on earth would anyone want Jet to be recalled?? The big lumbering ox is total pants. And has an attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
          Nas, have another look mate.

If he would have 100% scored that, from that position, then we have a 40 goal per season striker on our hands. Nowhere near as easy as it looked and he did absolutely the right thing.

You seem to have ignored Washington's touch for the first goal too.
          His cousin must now be an absolute fountain of knowledge after sitting next to him all game.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Even with all the help it aint gonna happen for him at this level, he is worse in every respect than SP was on arrival. Strange signing that I never understood for a moment.
            Absolutely priceless.

Comment

It's a funny thing really. I was not at the game last night but see CW singled out for a bit of stick on here, maybe rightly so. I've seen the highlights and he bags a goal and assists the other, not a bad effort in his first game back IMO. Also I read that he had at least 2 other good chances that he should've bagged. I make that he could've had 3 goals and 1 assist in his first game of the season, that would've been an unbelievable return.

Got me thinking. I remember I used to watch Lineker a lot in the 80's, and he'd do pi$$ all for 90minutes then come along and bag two goals in the last ten minutes, it took me a long time to realize this is what he does, he doesn't want to be playing 60yard passes or cruyff turns, he had no real pace or skill either he just wants the ball in the box and bag..... Makes me wonder if CW might turn out to be a similar sort of player in time (not that I'm comparing his ability with Lineker obviously).

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                Conor is at the right club to get all the help he needs. He has Les and the boss who were top strikers so we need to give him time.
                I agree. Obviuosly, I didn´t see this match, but two goals from Connor W. within a space of two weeks now will surely boost this confidence. whether they are tap-ins or not, it doesn´t really matter. Just my opinion.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  Arr Mush, it's embarrassing sometimes mate - Some fella in the bog last night was slating Washington (one of those blokes who thinks he knows the game but ain't got a clue), 5 minutes later he scores - embarrassing!

Connor works hard, and he made that goal last night, which is nothing more than what his hard work deserved.
                  Connor works hard in the same way Mackie does, running around a lot with not much to show for it. Have to disagree about him mate, I thought he was dreadful last night.
                  And Nasser, I have to disagree about Nasser, he wasn't awful but there was nothing magical about him either. Very, very lightweight, no strength whatsoever.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                    It's a funny thing really. I was not at the game last night but see CW singled out for a bit of stick on here, maybe rightly so. I've seen the highlights and he bags a goal and assists the other, not a bad effort in his first game back IMO. Also I read that he had at least 2 other good chances that he should've bagged. I make that he could've had 3 goals and 1 assist in his first game of the season, that would've been an unbelievable return.
                    I don't rate him at all, but he deserves a chance and I hope he does well. He might need to start a league game or start against Rochdale, either way, he needs more minutes to build up his confidence and gel with the team. That said, can we afford to give him that opportunity?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
                      I don't rate him at all, but he deserves a chance and I hope he does well. He might need to start a league game or start against Rochdale, either way, he needs more minutes to build up his confidence and gel with the team. That said, can we afford to give him that opportunity?
                      Rochdale and time off the bench. Polter has the lone striker role atm and rightly so.

Comment

Slightly biased opinions from Nas on his assessment i think.

Cant understand how anyone can say Nasser (our player, no the poster), had a good game. Thought he was poor.

Washington-took his goal well, certainly not as easy as you make out.

Also in regards to the comments on Furlongs defensive duties, thought he done alright actually. They played so wide, he couldn't possibly get tight to their winger or he would have left big holes in between him and our CB. very impressed by him and he is certainly going the right way.

All round, a bit poor last night, dont know if leeds took it out of us, or if after the high we seem to be on since leeds, we thought we would just roll them over. certainly need much better at the weekend.

we progress in a cup competition, which as a rangers fan, its all we could hope for really.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                          Got me thinking. I remember I used to watch Lineker a lot in the 80's, and he'd do pi$$ all for 90minutes then come along and bag two goals in the last ten minutes, it took me a long time to realize this is what he does, he doesn't want to be playing 60yard passes or cruyff turns, he had no real pace or skill either he just wants the ball in the box and bag..... Makes me wonder if CW might turn out to be a similar sort of player in time (not that I'm comparing his ability with Lineker obviously).
                          Is that the Lineker who also never really ever made a tackle or pressed a defender, yet won the 1st division golden boot 3 times and is the 3rd top scorer for England of all time?

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            Connor works hard in the same way Mackie does, running around a lot with not much to show for it. Have to disagree about him mate, I thought he was dreadful last night.
                            And Nasser, I have to disagree about Nasser, he wasn't awful but there was nothing magical about him either. Very, very lightweight, no strength whatsoever.
                            I never said he was great last night Ginge, all I said is that he worked hard, which he did.
                            He's behind the other lads pre-season wise at the mo, he just needs to stick at it like Polti did, and it'll come.
                            Many people on this board have written many of our players off early days who have come good, wouldn't surprise me if Connor is another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Is that the Lineker who also never really ever made a tackle or pressed a defender, yet won the 1st division golden boot 3 times and is the 3rd top scorer for England of all time?
                              That's exactly what I mean. England's greatest goalscorer ever (IMO) was a pretty poor footballer overall.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                                I never said he was great last night Ginge, all I said is that he worked hard, which he did.
                                He's behind the other lads pre-season wise at the mo, he just needs to stick at it like Polti did, and it'll come.
                                Many people on this board have written many of our players off early days who have come good, wouldn't surprise me if Connor is another one.
                                Oh yeah, fair enough mate, and yeah more game time under his belt is what's needed. I still don't think he's a lone striker, so maybe for Rochdale we should play him and Polter (unless we sign another striker before then) and see how it goes.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2