Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How many of you that live abroad come to QPR?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • hh9
    Silver Seat
    • Oct 2012
    • 1016

    #46
    I have been a few times at LR to watch my beloved QPR - I live in Iceland by the way.

    Comment

    • Hertford Hoop
      W12 Seat
      • Mar 2009
      • 15998

      #47
      Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod
      I think it would be a good idea to let any far away Rangers of this forum to get a use of the season tickets when they are over if they request them. Wont hurt to not do the draw every now and again.
      I'm sure this would/could be arranged, nice idea Kev
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

      Comment

      • Hertford Hoop
        W12 Seat
        • Mar 2009
        • 15998

        #48
        Originally posted by hh9
        I have been a few times at LR to watch my beloved QPR - I live in Iceland by the way.
        Didn't know that hh9, very nice to hear we have fans as far north as you.
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

        Comment

        • CroydonCaptainJack
          Gold Seat
          • Jan 2011
          • 6141

          #49
          Originally posted by hh9
          I have been a few times at LR to watch my beloved QPR - I live in Iceland by the way.
          so the hh is helgur then?

          Comment

          • Kevin Mcleod
            Referee
            • Aug 2013
            • 17322

            #50
            Originally posted by hh9
            I have been a few times at LR to watch my beloved QPR - I live in Iceland by the way.
            Ive always thought you were from Middlesex and that was a hillingdon postcode as your username ha ha.

            Comment

            • peterlund.dk
              Apprentice
              • Jun 2015
              • 198

              #51
              I plan on honouring my signature. Should be able to do a quick in-and-out from Denmark this year.
              QPR since 1993
              WATRB since 2015
              First QPR game hopefully in 2017

              Comment

              • Ilolahti
                Apprentice
                • Aug 2016
                • 1

                #52
                For several years I have visited LR from Finland at least once a season alone or with my son, wife or friends. Away matches as well. Been a supporter since 1975.

                Comment

                • acricketer
                  Platinum Seat
                  • Mar 2009
                  • 12068

                  #53
                  I will always go when I'm over during the season. That said last game I was at was Wembley. OBZ!

                  Comment

                  • ConnerSaurusRex
                    Apprentice
                    • Feb 2015
                    • 68

                    #54
                    I live in Central Texas and I've only been to one QPR game in person - Hull away in the spring of 2015. I was studying in Cologne and it was my free weekend, so I took advantage of the free bus to Hull that the club offered, but I'm sad that I never got to go inside Loftus Road. The ATM in Stansted swallowed my card so I only had about 20 pounds for the entire weekend, ended up walking from downtown to Shepherd's Bush using only the maps at bus stops for reference since my phone got no signal in London. Longest day of my life, but worth it. Once I'm out of college and making more money I plan on coming back and attending a home game. I go to FC Dallas games about twice a month, whenever I can find the time to make the two hour drive up from Waco.
                    Last edited by ConnerSaurusRex; 09-08-2016, 02:43 PM.

                    Comment

                    • Cyprus_geoff
                      Apprentice
                      • Aug 2016
                      • 1

                      #55
                      Cyprus Ranger

                      Originally posted by MYU
                      Something I'd like to know that's all?
                      Hi

                      I LIVE IN Cyprus now, born and breed in Kensal Rise, lived on Queens Park Estate, went to Queens Park School, and supported QPR for over 50 years, do try to get some games in every season.

                      Comment

                      • Rangerod
                        Apprentice
                        • Aug 2016
                        • 70

                        #56
                        I moved to Greece a few years ago but try to make it to at least 5 home games a season and the odd away game.

                        Comment

                        • Hubble
                          Postmodernist
                          • Jan 2013
                          • 5616

                          #57
                          This is great! The QPR diaspora!

                          Comment

                          • hh9
                            Silver Seat
                            • Oct 2012
                            • 1016

                            #58
                            Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack
                            so the hh is helgur then?
                            Top man Heidar Helguson who also played for my favoured Icelandic team.
                            I can tell you it was bad we missed out on Jon Dadi Bodvarsson who is HH make 2.

                            Comment

                            • MYU
                              Administrator
                              • Mar 2009
                              • 43466

                              #59
                              This website is about us fans, we use it to discuss about our club and we've built a good little community.

                              It's taken a while but as a site, without asking a penny from anyone and being totally independent. We've gone from nothing to a site which donates to QPR related charities, giving away prizes from the club store, and now offering two match day tickets for home games.

                              As we all know the tickets are not cheap, and I want to make full use of them. It is for you and I wanted to make life a little bit easier for fans who don't live in the UK, it does cost a lot to come here and pay for a hotel and other stuff we do.

                              Would any of you have issues if we were to run the competitions as normal for each home game, but if a member who lives abroad is coming to the UK and can visit a game, I thought we could give them the tickets instead. I'm sure it's not going to be every match and plus Smarkets have been very good to us donating tickets for some games as well, which I post on here. They need names very quickly, so you have to keep checking the site because they offer it out the blue, and it must go to someone who can confirm and who is online at that time.

                              If no one from abroad is coming, then what if we give the tickets to someone who has never won before, so it gives everyone a chance to go?

                              Would everyone be okay with that, we can pick who wins them in a thread?

                              Comment

                              • Hitman34
                                Platinum Seat
                                • Jan 2012
                                • 13959

                                #60
                                Originally posted by MYU
                                This website is about us fans, we use it to discuss about our club and we've built a good little community.

                                It's taken a while but as a site, without asking a penny from anyone and being totally independent. We've gone from nothing to a site which donates to QPR related charities, giving away prizes from the club store, and now offering two match day tickets for home games.

                                As we all know the tickets are not cheap, and I want to make full use of them. It is for you and I wanted to make life a little bit easier for fans who don't live in the UK, it does cost a lot to come here and pay for a hotel and other stuff we do.

                                Would any of you have issues if we were to run the competitions as normal for each home game, but if a member who lives abroad is coming to the UK and can visit a game, I thought we could give them the tickets instead. I'm sure it's not going to be every match and plus Smarkets have been very good to us donating tickets for some games as well, which I post on here. They need names very quickly, so you have to keep checking the site because they offer it out the blue, and it must go to someone who can confirm and who is online at that time.

                                If no one from abroad is coming, then what if we give the tickets to someone who has never won before, so it gives everyone a chance to go?

                                Would everyone be okay with that, we can pick who wins them in a thread
                                Absolutley.

                                Would love it for shania or anyone else from abroad to get the tickets.

                                Great gesture myu!!!
                                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                                Comment

                                Working...