Jimmy's press conference,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
    “We are looking forward to it,” he told www.qpr.co.uk.

“We've worked hard, there's still a little bit to do, but we’ve had a positive pre-season and we will be ready for this weekend.

“I am happy with the squad I've got. I am extremely happy with this group of players. We are together as a squad and that is going to be our strength.”

He added: “It's a big game to start.

“Leeds are a big club, but there are many big clubs in this division now.

“They are a strong side, but the Championship is so strong in general this season.

“You're seeing established names coming down from the Premier League to the Championship and that shows the magnitude of the division.

“There's been a lot of big signings already in this window, so it's becoming harder and harder, but we want to improve, we want to be competitive and we want to give our fans a positive season.”

Summer signings Joel Lynch, Jake Bidwell and Jordan Cousins are all likely to feature against Leeds this weekend, but Ariel Borysiuk misses out with an ankle injury sustained during pre-season.

However, the Polish midfielder is well on the road to recovery, as Hasselbaink explained: “Ariel is a couple of weeks away still – two-and-a-half to three weeks maybe.

“The boot is off and he is due to be back running on Monday, so he’s making steady progress.

“Jack (Robinson) is out with shin splints, and Jamie Mackie is still in plaster following his ankle surgery.”

Ahead of the opening weekend, Hasselbaink admitted he is still keen to add to his squad with ‘attacking players,’ but insists Rangers will only bring in players who fit in with the club’s philosophy and structure.

“We've got a list of players for the positions we want to strengthen,” he said.

“I'm not jealous of what other clubs are doing because we have our own structure and philosophy and we’re not going to steer away from that.

“We won't look back. We look forward.

“I want to make QPR a force, working with the squad I've got at present and hopefully adding players that can strengthen us, but are coming here for the right reasons. To play for the badge, for the shirt, for QPR.”

He added: “Leicester's story last year gives everyone hope ahead of a new season.

“It shows that it can be done, in a different way.

“That is the beauty of football and that is why it's the fantastic sport that it is.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...Il0DMIkJEh3.99
    Isn't it is what it is anymore???

Comment

Knocker in any-excuse-to-have-a-moan shock...
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        Knocker in any-excuse-to-have-a-moan shock...
        WHO rattled your rusty cage.

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
          Er. I think you did, Knocker......

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Er. I think you did, Knocker......
            Ah. Bless him

Comment

Ah. Bless him
              Move on from this now.
              Dof les was interviewed on talkshyte this morning.
              Anyone know what he said or have a link to the interview.

Cheers
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                Move on from this now.
                Dof les was interviewed on talkshyte this morning.
                Anyone know what he said or have a link to the interview.

Cheers
                was it not this ?

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...-a3312046.html

Comment

Not that one mate but cheers for posting it.

Think he was interviewed after jimmy on talksport this morning.

Talking about buying attacking players.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

“We are looking forward to it,” he told www.qpr.co.uk.

“We've worked hard, there's still a little bit to do, but we’ve had a positive pre-season and we will be ready for this weekend.

“I am happy with the squad I've got. I am extremely happy with this group of players. We are together as a squad and that is going to be our strength.”

He added: “It's a big game to start.

“Leeds are a big club, but there are many big clubs in this division now.

“They are a strong side, but the Championship is so strong in general this season.

“You're seeing established names coming down from the Premier League to the Championship and that shows the magnitude of the division.

“There's been a lot of big signings already in this window, so it's becoming harder and harder, but we want to improve, we want to be competitive and we want to give our fans a positive season.”

Summer signings Joel Lynch, Jake Bidwell and Jordan Cousins are all likely to feature against Leeds this weekend, but Ariel Borysiuk misses out with an ankle injury sustained during pre-season.

However, the Polish midfielder is well on the road to recovery, as Hasselbaink explained: “Ariel is a couple of weeks away still – two-and-a-half to three weeks maybe.

“The boot is off and he is due to be back running on Monday, so he’s making steady progress.

“Jack (Robinson) is out with shin splints, and Jamie Mackie is still in plaster following his ankle surgery.”

Ahead of the opening weekend, Hasselbaink admitted he is still keen to add to his squad with ‘attacking players,’ but insists Rangers will only bring in players who fit in with the club’s philosophy and structure.

“We've got a list of players for the positions we want to strengthen,” he said.

“I'm not jealous of what other clubs are doing because we have our own structure and philosophy and we’re not going to steer away from that.

“We won't look back. We look forward.

“I want to make QPR a force, working with the squad I've got at present and hopefully adding players that can strengthen us, but are coming here for the right reasons. To play for the badge, for the shirt, for QPR.”

He added: “Leicester's story last year gives everyone hope ahead of a new season.

“It shows that it can be done, in a different way.

“That is the beauty of football and that is why it's the fantastic sport that it is.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...Il0DMIkJEh3.99
                    Let's hope he really is a good ciach and motivator, because to me and some others, the squad lacks attacking quality and goals. Togethernes might mean something but without a goalscoring threat (as Leicester had) QPR will struggle again to win matches. N.Ireland had togetherness, but as we saw in the Euros, it meant little.

He maybe interested in signing more players and indeed, trying hard to bring them in, but if you are offering little money it is unlikely to be successful, unless the scouting network has unearthed a few gems.

As for my expectations for the season ahead, no more than a mid table season at best.q

Comment

Grow up, darling.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Jesus anything else fans can moan about
                        Cold buns with the burgers. I hate that. Not hard to give them 30 secs on the griddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                          Cold buns with the burgers. I hate that. Not hard to give them 30 secs on the griddle.
                          with a queue of 50 ?

Comment

Working...
                          X