Drossball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    I just seen brentford are taking ledesma for a trial,even hes got abit of creativity in him compared to one or two of our players! not saying we should have him back mind
    If we did we'd probably would be able to shift a few of those remaining t-shirts as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Southport View Post
      I think with Polter, JET and Washington our strikers are actually ok for the championship.
      Absolutely surplus given JFH's favoured format and so far no sign of a plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
        If we did we'd probably would be able to shift a few of those remaining t-shirts as well...

haha youre not wrong there
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
          Be a great bet for most 0-0's in the league this season i reckon. Defence looks pretty solid on paper but attacking wise we are lower championship level.
          Under 0.5 or 1.5 goals in the first half would seem like good bets for evey QPR game whilst JFH is manager

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            This.

Tbf I'm trying to remain positive and hoping we make a few decent attacking signings to spark some optimism into the new season but, honestly, I can't see it happening.
            Likewise.
            The defence looks decent enough, although a better test will come when the season is underway.
            Atm I dont harbour any thoughts of a top 15 finish because 0-0 or 1-1 draws wont gain many points.
            Id rather win 2 and lose 2 from 5 rather than draw 4 of them with alternating 1 win or loss.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
              It's not being afraid, it is called tactics. Atletico, Milan and Juventus in the 90s. All do fantastically well with drossball as everyone calls it. Waiting for the one or two chances a game and taking them and not conceding. We have a fantastic back four and goalkeeper, so we play to our strengths. Plenty of people state they wouldn't watch Atletico every game and that's fine but they are successful. Playing football is about winning at any costs. It's not a pub side or in the playground, it is about being professional and doing your job. That's what I go to see. Polter bullying defenders, last gasp blocks, great saves. This is similar to the west ham situation and a lot of clubs where playing beautiful football is becoming more important than the result. They are expectant that every team can play taht way and they can't. We have had few flair players over the history but in general we have had average players working hard. From when we sold Ferdinand to when we bought Austin, I would say we had no good strikers, just average ones. That's the norm for a small club.
              You mention Athletico Madrid, but they can get away with it because they habe a goal machine in Griezmann.
              Where is QPRs goalscorer?
              You cannot get away with playing this way if you lack a goalscorer or at least goalscoring midfielders.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                You mention Athletico Madrid, but they can get away with it because they habe a goal machine in Griezmann.
                Where is QPRs goalscorer?
                You cannot get away with playing this way if you lack a goalscorer or at least goalscoring midfielders.
                But we have a goalscoring midfielder... Chery... We also will get a goalscoring striker and we have Polter who still scored quite a bit last season despite his limitations.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Athletico Madrid have good players.

Comment

Are we really comparing ourselves with Athletico Madrid FFS?!

Comment

You would atleast think we could go and have a right go at teams now we`re confident in our defence,but we`ll see if this play safe stuff continues! it did last season even when we were guaranteed mid table! difficult opening games in the league aswell against leeds and cardiff

Comment

Is it just me that some posters can condone dross as being OK as long as we could score goals or can win games , well for me they can stick it !
                        I go to see players do things that get me out of my seat , I remember 1st game last season Cardif 2 _ 2 yeah we scored twice but the 1st 15/20 minutes the ball was in the air from long punts the and most of the rest of the game was hoofdross
                        I'm going to give it about 5 games before I get a new s/t never going to suffer the last 18 months again

Comment

Im the same dogs,if there pros they should have something about them,so no need for this dross unentertaining rubbish that gets served up! i think if a team carried on that way for years theyd lose quite abit of support in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Im the same dogs,if there pros they should have something about them,so no need for this dross unentertaining rubbish that gets served up! i think if a team carried on that way for years theyd lose quite abit of support in the end!
                            Well they'll lose me for this season unless I see an improvement after 4/5 games

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

NAIL ON THE HEAD MY FRIEND

There are a lot of dillusionable people on this site who can't see further than their Blue & white of L.F or JFH spectacles

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

And juventus.....unbelievable isn't it. None of our players would get in their u19 blind xi.

Comment

Working...
                                X