No announcement yet.

QPR must be patient in search for players – Hasselbaink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people talk like we are spending nothing. Bidwell, Lynch, Borysiuk and Cousins cost over 5 mil between them. Its not massive but its decent for a champ club with low gates. Think we will spend another 3 or 4 mil or so before the window closes.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
      I fully accept that we could get relegated before promotion, it has happened to other clubs and it could to us. It probably won't happen , I think we easily have a mid table team who if pulled together and worked hard.could finish higher. They all know that the previous transfers were failures, big failures as thats why we got relegated which is why they are changing the policy. I don't think this season will be pretty.and beautiful football but I think we will see a lot hard working fitter players able to challenge for a full game and not let in as many late goals.

You say big failures and thats why we got relegated,but the premier leagues always been tough for us even in the first division days,personally think we`ve changed our stance to drasticly instead of keeping calm just like the burnleys west broms etc,also needing a manager like warnock who knew how to get a good team spirit & togetherness together,now we`re taking a gamble with jimmy as from what ive seen since hes been in charge hasnt inpressed me one bit tbh,the way we`ve played that is!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
        You say big failures and thats why we got relegated,but the premier leagues always been tough for us even in the first division days,personally think we`ve changed our stance to drasticly instead of keeping calm just like the burnleys west broms etc,also needing a manager like warnock who knew how to get a good team spirit & togetherness together,now we`re taking a gamble with jimmy as from what ive seen since hes been in charge hasnt inpressed me one bit tbh,the way we`ve played that is!
        Warnock would never have kept us in the premier league.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
          Warnock would never have kept us in the premier league.

How many managers would of kept us in the premier league mel? & without knowing you dont know if he would of done or not,as he wasnt given the chance! but im not on about that,im on about just cos we`re on this rebuilding thing,that doesnt mean itll make the premier league any easier if we ever reach there again! didnt tony fernandes say when he took over that qpr would never be a selling club again,yet we`re going to be just that,so we`ll be selling anything decent we`ll have anyway
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            There you go again. Long term. What does this actually mean?
            At a guess, 2 to 3 years. If we go up sooner that's a bonus and all well and good. It certainly won't be for want of trying.

The problem with buying PR speak like 'long term'
            I haven't bought anything and I disagree with you that it's PR speak. I'm not that naive. I think it is pragmatic, prudent and realistic speak. Therefore the rest of your premise falls apart IMO.

wholesale is that it avoids anyone having to say 'basically we fvcked up so badly that we're now mid term champ at best for the forseeable'
            There you go again, emphasizing the past in a critical way, when it is a mistake the board have already admitted to. So the fact that you keep raising it really doesn't help.

You can dress it up with terms like 'development' but development can take years in itself. Remember Dario Gradi at Crewe? Everyone loved them because they only did development and DG steadily sold on a stream of talent. And yet they were relegated last term.
            Unreasonable comparison. QPR are a much bigger club than Crewe.

You refer me to the CEO but surprise surprise, he hasn't defined anything at all.
            Again I disagree. Go back over all his (and LF's) statements from the last 6 months and he has defined as much as he possibly can without making unrealistic targets which the likes of you will immediately seize on and use as a stick to beat him/the club with once again.

Now lets talk 'sustainable financial footing'. If 'long term development' equates to stasis
            But I totally disagree that it is stasis. The fact that we're now showing signs of bringing through promising youth players, as well as signing younger, up-and-coming players from our league and below proves that. It's also much too early to label it as stasis when this is JFH's first summer transfer window (which isn't even over) to allow him to build a squad in his own image.

That's why I think a median needs to be found.
            I don't think the board would dismiss out of hand the notion of spending slightly over-budget on a striker (for example) if it meant securing the deal for a player that would be vital to the squad. I don't get the impression they are that rigid in their policy that the odd important exception can't be made.

I don't think TF had a clue about running a football club - or an F1 team
            Had (past tense) - at last something we can actually agree on. But maybe now he is finally learning from his mistakes - a notion not entirely inconceivable because the signs certainly seem to be in place.

Comment

Everybody keeps talking about paying for a striker. The only striker being consistently mentioned is Wells who has two years left on his contract. Do Huddesfield actually have any intention of selling him and does he want to leave?
              Read what Nahki Wells has to say about his Huddersfield Town future
              See more at
              http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/foot...s-say-11255974
              Last edited by jmelanie; 21-07-2016, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                Everybody keeps talking about paying for a striker. The only striker being consistently mentioned is Wells who has two years left on his contract. Do Huddesfield actually have any intention of selling him and does he want to leave?
                Read what Nahki Wells has to say about his Huddersfield Town future
                See more at
                http://www.examiner.co.uk/sport/foot...s-say-11255974
                Have we (qpr) said we are interested in him?

Comment

I could pick through that lot Stan but I'm sure neither of us have the time or inclination to continue.

Let's just say that you wholeheartedly endorse what the club are doing. I think an over reactionary approach could end up costing money.

Comment

I could pick through that lot Stan but I'm sure neither of us have the time or inclination to continue.

Let's just say that you wholeheartedly endorse what the club are doing. I think an over reactionary approach could end up costing money.
                    I wouldn't go that far Hal. I just felt the need to defend the manager's comments because I thought they were reasonable and fair, given our current constraints. I've criticised some of TF's decisions plenty over the years though.

Comment

Originally posted by Connell10 View Post
                      Think you forgot about FFP but carry on mate!
                      FFP doesn't really matter unless you get relegated.
                      QPR could easily have sold Austin and Phillips last season. 20M and invested it on Gray and one or two others and perhaps gone straight back up. And if not, they would stillnot have broken FFP rules (any more than they might have done already).

Comment

Working...
                      X