Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JFH's post-match comments (Cobblers v QPR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JFH's post-match comments (Cobblers v QPR)

“It was good practice but frustrating at times because they had 11 behind the ball. We were very slow, especially in the first half. But we are in pre-season, and I felt the second half was a lot better. We needed to play with a higher tempo because they were sitting, and were not going to take the initiative. But that provided us with a good test.

Cousins is naturally fit and that helps. We need more goals from midfield and he brings with him that urgency with how he plays.

We want to bring players through from the youth if they are good enough. Shodipo is young so we need to take care of him, which is why I gave him just 70 minutes. He did well in the game, especially in the second half, but you have to be careful with younger players. I am very happy with him.

Borysiuk has twisted his ankle. It is something we can’t do anything about. He is a strong boy but we think it is going to be six weeks.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...xkZgVJhRHTO.99

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    “It was good practice but frustrating at times because they had 11 behind the ball. We were very slow, especially in the first half. But we are in pre-season, and I felt the second half was a lot better. We needed to play with a higher tempo because they were sitting, and were not going to take the initiative. But that provided us with a good test.

Cousins is naturally fit and that helps. We need more goals from midfield and he brings with him that urgency with how he plays.

We want to bring players through from the youth if they are good enough. Shodipo is young so we need to take care of him, which is why I gave him just 70 minutes. He did well in the game, especially in the second half, but you have to be careful with younger players. I am very happy with him.

Borysiuk has twisted his ankle. It is something we can’t do anything about. He is a strong boy but we think it is going to be six weeks.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/20...xkZgVJhRHTO.99
    "we need more goals from Midfield" !!

is that because we have no strikers!

Comment

Cobblers

Comment

Strong boy...then how has he a twist ankle

Comment

Yeah, reasonable assessment, glad he can see how slow we are in transition, goals from mid park are welcome - but not as welcome as someone who can actually play football up front.

Comment

Working...
          X