No announcement yet.

Car Giant submit plans for housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cargiant may have a one-up factor with the museum project (if true) as a centerpiece of the development, rather than a stadium being at the heart of regeneration. If you are government, I'm sure you'd rather have a national institution in the middle of OOC, accessible at quick travel from the north, than a private commercial multipurpose stadium.

The museum would bring in quiet visitors and revenue all year round, whereas, well we know what match days can sometimes be like for local residents, and possibly coupled with loud music events. Which makes me think we may possibly be second choice for a central hub attraction, and thus relocated accordingly. But who knows how things work out, there are always other political agendas we're not privy to.
    Last edited by Olly; 16-07-2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

George Osborne pledged 150 million for museums. This could possibly disappear given the change in circumstances after Brexit. The museum was mentioned in January/February but I haven't seen anything since.

Comment

It's only 600 dwellings isn't it not 6500?

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
          Cargiant may have a one-up factor with the museum project (if true) as a centerpiece of the development, rather than a stadium being at the heart of regeneration. If you are government, I'm sure you'd rather have a national institution in the middle of OOC, accessible at quick travel from the north, than a private commercial multipurpose stadium.

The museum would bring in quiet visitors and revenue all year round, whereas, well we know what match days can sometimes be like for local residents, and possibly coupled with loud music events. Which makes me think we may possibly be second choice for a central hub attraction, and thus relocated accordingly. But who knows how things work out, there are always other political agendas we're not privy to.
          Or you could have both!! two attractions more visitors, more of the time = equals more money for all and win win

Comment

Working...
          X