Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Giant submit plans for housing

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/...ation-11572544

plans being submitted from today, closing date end of this month.

what is our club doing?
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

I have a feeling with Brexit all of this could be delayed and they might decide it is no longer viable. I think the HS2 has already been delayed. This could work in our favour, because nothing should change regarding the stadium.

Comment

Been confused on all this since start. Does car giant own the entire site or part of it? If part, who owns the rest? Do we own some or none of it? Presume car giant want to develop and make a shed load of cash? If we own none of it, why on earth are we so public about our plans when there is an unwilling seller?

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...ootball-latest

Comment

Can anybody post a map of the area so that we can see exactly where it is compared to car giant?

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            Been confused on all this since start. Does car giant own the entire site or part of it? If part, who owns the rest? Do we own some or none of it? Presume car giant want to develop and make a shed load of cash? If we own none of it, why on earth are we so public about our plans when there is an unwilling seller?

That´s the part of which I can´t understand?
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
              [/B]

That´s the part of which I can´t understand?
              As the local authority / mayor of London can CPO the area if they are in agreement with the plan.

Comment

To put pressure on them to sell

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
                  To put pressure on them to sell
                  More likely to dig their heals in. Money talks. If we haven't met their price, they won't sell

Comment

More likely to dig their heals in. Money talks. If we haven't met their price, they won't sell
                    Again a compulsory purchase order can be issued on the land (where the local authority / government interested body) purchase the land. They would then be able to sell it to a party whom might be involved in the general development plan of the area.

Comment

warren farm stadium, anyone?

Comment

Wasn't it on TV news last week that qpr have intrest in a site on the other side at the top of old oak common lane

Comment

Car giant

Mods please can this be left as a separate thread as I feel it was lost as part of the other one

Apologies if already mentioned, but with all this talk now of a new ground on OOC site, where does Car Giant fit in with all of this ,,,,

Do they just own different parts of the site and would not be affected by our so called green light ??

Are they still in the running for their own development ??

Comment

Couple of threads already pretty much sum it up about them mate.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ighlight=giant

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...ighlight=giant

Comment

I think everything's to play for Skranger.

The regeneration is HUGE. CarGiant own a big chunk of it. QPR owns smaller bits of it and others own more bits.

My understanding (not necessarily right of course) is...

The recent go ahead for QPR and its partners to build 6,5000 homes is just that - permission to build homes.

This should make QPR's other plans for regeneration of different areas within OOC (eg, a new ground) more credible and (hopefully) more favourably received.

I read also that the approved QPR housing project includes a link road into Old Oak, opening up the wider area for regeneration. If this means the land acquired for this actually controls the access to the larger development area it could potentially put QPR (as the land owners) in a very strong negotiating position.

The club is making all the right noises about encouraging technology, creating jobs and building community - and Sadiq Kahn seems on-board too.

So, all things considered, I think things are progressing pretty well.

That said, I'm still unsure how much CarGiant can potentially affect (f*** up) QPR's plans - or vice versa.

Comment

Working...
                              X