No announcement yet.

Next England manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems a joke steve bruce and eddie howe are favs ahead of glenn hoddle! for me should be hoddle,but sams no nonsense bits good!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Portugal's manager never managed in the Champions League - hasn't seemed to be an issue for him.
      I don't think England should be taking chances right now, they have to get it right. And I wasn't convinced by Portugal at any stage of the competition, they struggled in their group and part of that was down to tactics.

Italy had some great tactical moments, and the German switch to 4-3-3 vs France gave them total domination, they got everything except the result. That happens. It's a mistake to look at the winners of a competition and think that's the way forward.

Comment

• Think Venables deserved to get sacked for saying something so stupid, doesn't matter whether he was the best manager or the worst. If he said racial comments then you expect him to be sacked so saying something about disabled should be treated as the same standard. Anyway my pick would be Eddie Howe. Think his lack of experience goes in his favour, not been tainted with big stars and egos etc. He would pick the best team rather than the best players
        'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
          Think Venables deserved to get sacked for saying something so stupid, doesn't matter whether he was the best manager or the worst. If he said racial comments then you expect him to be sacked so saying something about disabled should be treated as the same standard. Anyway my pick would be Eddie Howe. Think his lack of experience goes in his favour, not been tainted with big stars and egos etc. He would pick the best team rather than the best players
          Do you mean Hoddle? Venables was canned because the FA was scared of skeletons in his closet...

Comment

• Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
            Do you mean Hoddle? Venables was canned because the FA was scared of skeletons in his closet...
            I thought he was sacked because he wanted more.

Comment

• Vidic? He seems to be a winner and knows English football quite well.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

• Vidic no chance IMO
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

• Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                  Vidic no chance IMO
                  Surprised to see you bite?
                  I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    I don't think England should be taking chances right now, they have to get it right. And I wasn't convinced by Portugal at any stage of the competition, they struggled in their group and part of that was down to tactics.

Italy had some great tactical moments, and the German switch to 4-3-3 vs France gave them total domination, they got everything except the result. That happens. It's a mistake to look at the winners of a competition and think that's the way forward.
                    Point is Champions League management doesn't guarantee success. Wouldn't say Joachim Low has a notable Champions League record either.

Comment

• Breaking news .....Daily Mail saying Big Sam to be offered job

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...pointment.html

Comment

• BBC confirming, official statement next 24 hours.

Sam just about kept WHU up and then Bilic turns the same squad - plus a couple of judicious additions - top 4 material.

They've got it wrong again.

Comment

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                          BBC confirming, official statement next 24 hours.

Sam just about kept WHU up and then Bilic turns the same squad - plus a couple of judicious additions - top 4 material.

They've got it wrong again.
                          Of course they have. It's the FA - they always fark it up.

Comment

• He'll do ok, I'm hoping he won't be picking the side on names, as most others do.

Comment

• The right man and about time

Comment

• He does play with a system which we have lacked for years. Not everyone's cup of tea but then who else was even interested? Always left his sides better off than they were when he took them over, so expect us to beat Malta and Andorra some time soon.

Might be a real success at international football, good luck to him
                                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                                X