Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
QPR chief criticises fans for booing Cole Kpekawa
Collapse
X
-
-
But what about trying to get behind them - that's the definition of 'supporter', right? Confidence plays a massive role, especially for younger players who may not be used to playing in front of large crowds. Furthermore it's supposed to be 'at home' where home advantage is meant to count for something. It maybe that "they are good enough" technically but could just do with a bit of help from the crowd by not getting on their backs over the odd misplaced pass. Surely that's not too much to ask for? The thing about Loftus Road is it can actually be a hindrance to our players (as well as an advantage) having the crowd so close to the pitch when they get on players' backs. I think some fans need to realise that.Comment
-
Of course you are right Stanley. I just have lost my faith in our youth system and think our youngsters will always weaken our first team. I know I have wrong attitude. Normally supporters should be more forgiving towards clubs own youth players but I expect them to earn their place by being better than those they replace. I'm sorry.Comment
-
They're going to improve with exposure to better opposition. That's what first team exposure is all about. We gotta give them the confidence to try things and improve.Of course you are right Stanley. I just have lost my faith in our youth system and think our youngsters will always weaken our first team. I know I have wrong attitude. Normally supporters should be more forgiving towards clubs own youth players but I expect them to earn their place by being better than those they replace. I'm sorry."What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment
-
''Them'' have been players like Ehmer, Balanta, Hewitt, Harriman, Sutherland, Andrade, Doughty, Hitchcock, Sendles-White, Donaldson, Shariff, Furlong, Greco-Cox, Kpekawa, Petrasso. Every one of those have had posters here who moan that they should be given a place in our starting eleven or at least a proper chance (7-8 games).
Who would be so stupid manager that would pick those and not his best players? We have no responsibility to give young players a chance to play first team football if they are not good enough.
Out of the above mentioned players I think only Petrasso may have a possibility to play at our level.Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 20-06-2016, 02:56 PM.Comment
-
I'd add Kpekawa to that list Tim. Been impressed by what I've seen so far.''Them'' have been players like Ehmer, Balanta, Hewitt, Harriman, Sutherland, Andrade, Doughty, Hitchcock, Sendles-White, Donaldson, Shariff, Furlong, Greco-Cox, Kpekawa, Petrasso. Every one of those have had posters here who moan that they should be given a place in our starting eleven or at least a proper chance (7-8 games).
Who would be so stupid manager that would pick those and not his best players? We have no responsibility to give young players a chance to play first team football if they are not good enough.
Out of the above mentioned players I think only Petrasso may have a possibility to play at our level.Comment
-
Furlong, Kpekawa, Petrasso, Doughty all have a good chance of it so I don't know what you're on about. In fact, I can safely say that I've been impressed with Kpekawa, Petrasso and Doughty in each of their appearances for us. Of course they're going to make mistakes but ability wise I'd say those four are at the level required. The issue isn't about their actual ability by the way, they develop that in training. First team exposure is key for improving decision making and mentality. That's why a lot of young players have made many big mistakes early on but don't make them again. That's the learning process.''Them'' have been players like Ehmer, Balanta, Hewitt, Harriman, Sutherland, Andrade, Doughty, Hitchcock, Sendles-White, Donaldson, Shariff, Furlong, Greco-Cox, Kpekawa, Petrasso. Every one of those have had posters here who moan that they should be given a place in our starting eleven or at least a proper chance (7-8 games).
Who would be so stupid manager that would pick those and not his best players? We have no responsibility to give young players a chance to play first team football if they are not good enough.
Out of the above mentioned players I think only Petrasso may have a possibility to play at our level."What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment
-
So much for stven gallen not producing anything.......Furlong, Kpekawa, Petrasso, Doughty all have a good chance of it so I don't know what you're on about. In fact, I can safely say that I've been impressed with Kpekawa, Petrasso and Doughty in each of their appearances for us. Of course they're going to make mistakes but ability wise I'd say those four are at the level required. The issue isn't about their actual ability by the way, they develop that in training. First team exposure is key for improving decision making and mentality. That's why a lot of young players have made many big mistakes early on but don't make them again. That's the learning process.nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐Comment
-
Comment