Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

QPR chief criticises fans for booing Cole Kpekawa

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Timmy the Doc
    Silver Seat
    • Jan 2012
    • 3193

    #46
    Originally posted by Norths
    Love that subtle dig at Tommy the docs post.
    Thoroughly agree.
    Tbh I don't boo our players. My post was a subtle dig at ''we must give our youngsters a chance'' brigade. Give them a chance if they are good enough. If not they shouldn't be nowhere near our starting 11.
    Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 19-06-2016, 05:58 PM.

    Comment

    • MYU
      Administrator
      • Mar 2009
      • 43466

      #47
      I feel that we should give the young a chance but bring them on as subs so that we can bed them in slowly. No good chucking them in the deep end.

      Comment

      • Stanley
        Guest
        • Mar 2009
        • 23693

        #48
        Originally posted by Timmy the Doc
        Tbh I don't boo our players. My post was a subtle dig at ''we must give our youngsters a chance'' brigade. Give them a chance if they are good enough. If not they shouldn't be nowhere near our starting 11.
        But what about trying to get behind them - that's the definition of 'supporter', right? Confidence plays a massive role, especially for younger players who may not be used to playing in front of large crowds. Furthermore it's supposed to be 'at home' where home advantage is meant to count for something. It maybe that "they are good enough" technically but could just do with a bit of help from the crowd by not getting on their backs over the odd misplaced pass. Surely that's not too much to ask for? The thing about Loftus Road is it can actually be a hindrance to our players (as well as an advantage) having the crowd so close to the pitch when they get on players' backs. I think some fans need to realise that.

        Comment

        • Timmy the Doc
          Silver Seat
          • Jan 2012
          • 3193

          #49
          Of course you are right Stanley. I just have lost my faith in our youth system and think our youngsters will always weaken our first team. I know I have wrong attitude. Normally supporters should be more forgiving towards clubs own youth players but I expect them to earn their place by being better than those they replace. I'm sorry.

          Comment

          • nasser95
            Gold Seat
            • Dec 2012
            • 7216

            #50
            Originally posted by Timmy the Doc
            Of course you are right Stanley. I just have lost my faith in our youth system and think our youngsters will always weaken our first team. I know I have wrong attitude. Normally supporters should be more forgiving towards clubs own youth players but I expect them to earn their place by being better than those they replace. I'm sorry.
            They're going to improve with exposure to better opposition. That's what first team exposure is all about. We gotta give them the confidence to try things and improve.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

            Comment

            • Timmy the Doc
              Silver Seat
              • Jan 2012
              • 3193

              #51
              Originally posted by nasser95
              They're going to improve with exposure to better opposition. That's what first team exposure is all about. We gotta give them the confidence to try things and improve.
              ''Them'' have been players like Ehmer, Balanta, Hewitt, Harriman, Sutherland, Andrade, Doughty, Hitchcock, Sendles-White, Donaldson, Shariff, Furlong, Greco-Cox, Kpekawa, Petrasso. Every one of those have had posters here who moan that they should be given a place in our starting eleven or at least a proper chance (7-8 games).

              Who would be so stupid manager that would pick those and not his best players? We have no responsibility to give young players a chance to play first team football if they are not good enough.

              Out of the above mentioned players I think only Petrasso may have a possibility to play at our level.
              Last edited by Timmy the Doc; 20-06-2016, 02:56 PM.

              Comment

              • Stanley
                Guest
                • Mar 2009
                • 23693

                #52
                Originally posted by Timmy the Doc
                ''Them'' have been players like Ehmer, Balanta, Hewitt, Harriman, Sutherland, Andrade, Doughty, Hitchcock, Sendles-White, Donaldson, Shariff, Furlong, Greco-Cox, Kpekawa, Petrasso. Every one of those have had posters here who moan that they should be given a place in our starting eleven or at least a proper chance (7-8 games).

                Who would be so stupid manager that would pick those and not his best players? We have no responsibility to give young players a chance to play first team football if they are not good enough.

                Out of the above mentioned players I think only Petrasso may have a possibility to play at our level.
                I'd add Kpekawa to that list Tim. Been impressed by what I've seen so far.

                Comment

                • Norths
                  CCG
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 13067

                  #53
                  High hopes for Petrasso.
                  Might sound crazy but dont think we need to rush out to buy a replacement for Phillips, as given time Pet will prove more than capable.

                  Comment

                  • nasser95
                    Gold Seat
                    • Dec 2012
                    • 7216

                    #54
                    Originally posted by Timmy the Doc
                    ''Them'' have been players like Ehmer, Balanta, Hewitt, Harriman, Sutherland, Andrade, Doughty, Hitchcock, Sendles-White, Donaldson, Shariff, Furlong, Greco-Cox, Kpekawa, Petrasso. Every one of those have had posters here who moan that they should be given a place in our starting eleven or at least a proper chance (7-8 games).

                    Who would be so stupid manager that would pick those and not his best players? We have no responsibility to give young players a chance to play first team football if they are not good enough.

                    Out of the above mentioned players I think only Petrasso may have a possibility to play at our level.
                    Furlong, Kpekawa, Petrasso, Doughty all have a good chance of it so I don't know what you're on about. In fact, I can safely say that I've been impressed with Kpekawa, Petrasso and Doughty in each of their appearances for us. Of course they're going to make mistakes but ability wise I'd say those four are at the level required. The issue isn't about their actual ability by the way, they develop that in training. First team exposure is key for improving decision making and mentality. That's why a lot of young players have made many big mistakes early on but don't make them again. That's the learning process.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                    Comment

                    • Hitman34
                      Platinum Seat
                      • Jan 2012
                      • 13959

                      #55
                      Originally posted by nasser95
                      Furlong, Kpekawa, Petrasso, Doughty all have a good chance of it so I don't know what you're on about. In fact, I can safely say that I've been impressed with Kpekawa, Petrasso and Doughty in each of their appearances for us. Of course they're going to make mistakes but ability wise I'd say those four are at the level required. The issue isn't about their actual ability by the way, they develop that in training. First team exposure is key for improving decision making and mentality. That's why a lot of young players have made many big mistakes early on but don't make them again. That's the learning process.
                      So much for stven gallen not producing anything.......
                      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

                      Comment

                      • Shepherds Mush
                        Platinum Seat
                        • Nov 2012
                        • 10325

                        #56
                        Is singing appreciation for an opposition player worse than booing one of your own?

                        Comment

                        Working...