X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shirt Sponsor

New one year deal with Smarkets replacing Air Asia on all kits

http://qprng.rs/SmarketsQPR

Really strange that. Can't get my head round it. Spu nk quarter for a billion up the wall and don't want the advertising for your company?

Good news for all of us on here though, cos Smarkets are so good to this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      Really strange that. Can't get my head round it. Spu nk quarter for a billion up the wall and don't want the advertising for your company?

Good news for all of us on here though, cos Smarkets are so good to this site.
      Probably end up with the Air Asia stand sooner rather than later....

Comment

Are you sure it's replacing Air Asia? It could be on the back of the kit like Sellotape once was.

EDIT - Scratch that, just read the article.
        Last edited by Ginger Ninja; 07-06-2016, 12:40 PM.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

SMARKETS CONFIRMED AS NEW SHIRT SPONSORS

Club announces one-year deal with leading sports betting exchange

QUEENS Park Rangers football club is delighted to announce a new shirt sponsorship deal with Smarkets, the

betting exchange focused exclusively on better prices and a professional experience for customers.

The one-year deal will see the Smarkets brand displayed on the front of the R’s home, away and third strips for

the entire 2016/17 season.

Smarkets joined QPR’s portfolio of sponsors last season as our back of shirt / shorts and training kit partner and

this latest announcement will serve to strengthen the relationship that exists between the club and the betting

QPR Commercial Director, Euan Inglis, told www.qpr.co.uk: “We are absolutely delighted that Smarkets have

upgraded from their designation from last season to become our lead partner for the 2016/17 season.

“We have really enjoyed working with Smarkets and look forward to developing new initiatives on top of what

has previously been implemented.

“Revealing our new kit at Smarkets’s new offices in St Katharine Docks later this month further demonstrates

the club’s desire to engage with our official partners at every opportunity.”

Smarkets was founded in 2008 by CEO Jason Trost, providing its customers a secure, transparent and superior

online investment platform for trading on sporting, political and current affairs events.

Being technology driven has allowed Smarkets to continue offering the best price with an industry low 2%

commission structure, surpassing £2 billion in trading volume.

Trost said: “Smarkets is thrilled to extend and broaden our partnership with QPR after joining the team last

“We look forward to the new campaign with a club that shares our aspirations and places its supporters at the

heart of the action.”

The new QPR shirts for the 2016/17 season will be revealed at the end of June, with further details to follow this.

Comment

Tell you what, actually if they keep the Smarkets logo the way it is over a blue hoop, coupled with the new crest that could look pretty tidy.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Good move

Comment

I think this may indicate Tony doing the moonwalk.......

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                  I think this may indicate Tony doing the moonwalk.......
                  Either that or is looking to cut Air Asia's outgoings. The company took a big loss after the plane crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    thing is Kev the smarkets deal brings in a known quantity which has not originated with a TF company. It's in line with our new get real approach... that's how I'd spin it. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      Either that or is looking to cut Air Asia's outgoings. The company took a big loss after the plane crash.
                      Would they have to pay. ? Their credits good enough ain't it.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        thing is Kev the smarkets deal brings in a known quantity which has not originated with a TF company. It's in line with our new get real approach... that's how I'd spin it. ;)
                        Tbh I think the same. Being sponsored by air Asia is just moving money from one company to the other. At least this is fresh cash into the business model

Comment

didnt think they allowed gambling/cigarette/alcohol as sponsors anymore, but obviously i am wrong.

they have been good with this site in the recent past so not against them at all. Does seem strange about the Air Asia pulling out though.

Comment

At least the kit won't have that red 'X' on the front that everyone seemed to hate with a passion on the mock up of next seasons kit.
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

As others have said, I assume it's to do with having a quantified income coming in to then justify our spending (FFP etc). I'm not 100% sure but possibly air asia didnt pay a sponsorship fee (for obvious reasons) whereas now we have a quantified amount of income to increase our annual takings. Not sure it has anything to do with TF's commitment but who knows

Comment

Working...
                              X