Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euro 96

Any memories guys. Probably last time I really got involved in a tournament

Was excited and buzzing for every game the whole tournament was superb. In boozer watching loads of games was great to be a part of

Strangely excited about this euros

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Was excited and buzzing for every game the whole tournament was superb. In boozer watching loads of games was great to be a part of

Me too

Comment

4 home countries playing, what's not to like
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I was a kid then but remember going to Wimbledon Common the day ofnEngland Scotland game and watching second half thru pub window in a pub at Wimbledon Hill. Was such a warm day but was estatic to see Gazza score. Probably my favourite tournament I've personally seen. I have a copy of England Holland on VHS that I watch now and then, we were awesome that day and so close to the final. That and Italia 90 and Mexico 86 could have given us a whole new legacy. We have been so close so many times where we should have done better,70, 86,90,96,98,02,04.

Comment

Saw England v Holland in the Elgin on Ladbroke Grove. It was mental.

Comment

Was the day of England v Holland and I was working on Stonebridge Park estate . The working day was nearly finished when me bleep went telling me a suspected dead tenant need to break through front door. I thought if he's dead I'll do it tomorrow . Anyway had to go and I was cursing, banged and kicked the front door in the hope the old boy would answer and I could slip off and watch the game , no chance so had to start picking a multi lock with shooting bolts. 20 minutes in and I hear from inside alright alright I'm coming.i nearly hit him with the hammer when he opened the door.had to put all back as before . Got back to watch one of our finest displays ever! Did see the old boy 2 days later and apologised he said he was Scottish and I said I eat his meals on wheels that day.
            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

was at Wembley with my late dad for the Swiss game , only the draw but excellent day ,happy memorys ...
              Adams harshly conceding a penalty against the Sweatys ,then Gascoignes brilliant goal , going mental down the pub , hanging round the west end ,getting photo`d umpteen times by plod , loving our moment
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Euro 96 was the first tournament I remember fully, fantastic feeling around the country. So much optimism about the future, not just football but in general.

30 years of hurt? Nah it'll be over soon...wait, now its 50 and counting...where does time go?!

Comment

I was at the Holland game - easily the best game I have ever seen live. 4-0 up after an hour! We should have won that tournament.

Comment

I remember the moment when Panenka scored the he penalty which made him famous. I remember that it was a joy to watch his entire czech team, aswell. Half of the team of the tournament came from Czecoslovakia.

This time I actually, think England will at least qualify for the semi-finals. And from there, who knows: dare I suggest you as the winner of the tournament..
                    Last edited by Shania; 07-06-2016, 10:54 AM.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                      I remember the moment when Panenka scored the he penalty which made him famous. I remember that it was a joy to watch his team, aswell.

This time I actually, think England will at least qualify for the semi-finals. And from there, who knows: dare I suggest you as the winner of the tournament..
                      This is England's year. This tournament it's time to believe. We have to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        This is England's year. This tournament it's time to believe. We have to believe.
                        Where have I heard that before Kev?

Oh yeah, every single bloody tournament we've ever appeared in since 1990!

I know you're taking the #### by the way mate.

Comment

With their enthusiasm, Vardy and Kane can win it for you.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Been to a few tournaments over the years and was deported from Belgium once after bour game with Germany in Charloi and although 96 was the great the best I have been to was in Ukraine with boiling hot weather,fantastci looking girls and really friendly people and its such a shame that the Country now has a dorm of civil war going on especially in Donetsk which was an amazing place

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

That was the last tournament that I really enjoyed......so many fantastic moments but Pearces penalty against Spain was an absolute highlight......sheer joy.

Comment

Working...
                              X