No announcement yet.

Rashford reminds me of Ray Jones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He really impressed me also, i've only seen a few bits here and there from him but given that he's still only 18 and is playing at this level so quickly it's expected that he'll be a little raw. yeah he loses the ball too often but once he gets more experienced i'm sure that'll change.

he's gunna be a world beater.

Comment

Hopefully in over ten years at playing for united and england he will be as good as vardy then. But for an 18 year old he deserves every bit of bumming cos he's blinding

Comment

Potential to be a very decent goalscorer, but some getting a little carried away (not like that happens with every English youngster that bursts onto the scenes). You cant give it away cheaply at the top level as Rashford did last night.

Matty, understand you have a soft spot for United but people are allowed to call it how they see it, just as you have. All about opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
          Hopefully in over ten years at playing for united and england he will be as good as vardy then. But for an 18 year old he deserves every bit of bumming cos he's blinding
          Blinding at 18 was Rooney and Owen. Now those were worthy of creaming over. Rashford has potential, but nowhere near those two in terms of ability at the same age, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
            Potential to be a very decent goalscorer, but some getting a little carried away (not like that happens with every English youngster that bursts onto the scenes). You cant give it away cheaply at the top level as Rashford did last night.

Matty, understand you have a soft spot for United but people are allowed to call it how they see it, just as you have. All about opinions.
            I don't like United at all mate and I've never once said nobody can't have an opinion, totally accept other opinions and am all for having differing views. Above I was simply putting mine across * cheers emoji *
            Last edited by MattyRangers; 28-05-2016, 11:34 AM.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Blinding at 18 was Rooney and Owen. Now those were worthy of creaming over. Rashford has potential, but nowhere near those two in terms of ability at the same age, in my opinion.
              Wonder how there records compare at 18, would be interesting to see.
              Nasser, where are ya?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Wonder how there records compare at 18, would be interesting to see.
                Nasser, where are ya?
                In terms of goals scored? Darren Bent and Francis Jeffers would probably records similar to Rooney/Owen at that age but theres no way you'd put them on the same level just because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  I personally don't get the hype. Yes he scored but his touch was letting him down and he lost the ball far to often. I am all for giving youngsters a chance but he looks far to raw for me. I think hoddle should be shot for awarding him motm, utter joke!
                  +1 Weare. I thought ha looked lost for most of the match and didn't really offer a great deal. To be fair to him though he was in good company, probably the least effective team Roy has put out to date. I'm no fan of Rooney at all but even I wanted him to come on and do something!
                  2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

In terms of goals scored? Darren Bent and Francis Jeffers would probably records similar to Rooney/Owen at that age but theres no way you'd put them on the same level just because of that.
                    No but it's still interesting to compare. Scoring for England at 18 is some feat which I don't reckon Bent or Jeffers did.

Comment

Working...
                    X