Sandro to Lisbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Had they not? I thought he had quite a few caps for their national team?

On a side note, what's it like as a country mate, heard some great reviews from a couple chaps at work that have been.
    It's brilliant, Matty. Really brilliant. Really friendly people; excellent, interesting food; wonderful things to see. Everything's a least a third of the price it is here (the exchange rate helps), so it's really cheap. The language isn't easy, but I had a Brazillian take care of me, so I was more than fine. It was 32C in their autumn/ beginning of winter in the North East last week. And Rio was 28C. Was swimming this time yesterday, now I'm freezing...... Haha.

I was surprised they hadn't heard of Sandro. Even football folk knew of him but not about him. They're really not that interested in the PL, I think, only in their domestic league, so I suppose it's not that surprising. Watched Atletico Mineiro play in a bar in Belo Horizonte and the atmosphere was crazy.

Comment

That sounds like a great trip 77, a couple of my mates were at the last World Cup there and they really enjoyed it!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        It's brilliant, Matty. Really brilliant. Really friendly people; excellent, interesting food; wonderful things to see. Everything's a least a third of the price it is here (the exchange rate helps), so it's really cheap. The language isn't easy, but I had a Brazillian take care of me, so I was more than fine. It was 32C in their autumn/ beginning of winter in the North East last week. And Rio was 28C. Was swimming this time yesterday, now I'm freezing...... Haha.

I was surprised they hadn't heard of Sandro. Even football folk knew of him but not about him. They're really not that interested in the PL, I think, only in their domestic league, so I suppose it's not that surprising. Watched Atletico Mineiro play in a bar in Belo Horizonte and the atmosphere was crazy.
        Sounds the nuts mate, the missus has mentioned going there next year and she speaks Portuguese so that would be 1 less thing for me to worry about
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Sounds the nuts mate, the missus has mentioned going there next year and she speaks Portuguese so that would be 1 less thing for me to worry about
          That makes it soooooo much easier, Matty. Even if you feel like a child when able only to ask for the toilet, buy beer, or thank people. But what more Portuguese do you need? Some really good Airbnb deals out there. Especially in Rio.

Cheers Gator. They're still talking about the World Cup out there. One tour guide told me he earned a year's salary in a month.
          Last edited by Rangers77; 01-06-2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Sandro latest

http://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-spot...ement-reached/

Comment

Praise Jesus. Thought we could have got more though.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Bye bye Sandra.

Comment

He was barely interested in the Prem, once we dropped his interest dissappeared entirely

Glad he'll be freeing up sh!t loads per week wages, and a spot for someone who does want to play for us

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                    Praise Jesus. Thought we could have got more though.
                    i'm just thankful that we look like we'll get something in addition to getting him off the wage bill. it's been far too often in the recent past that we can't even give our unwanted players away.

Comment

around £1.6mil for this transfer, a loan fee for the West Brom move and no wages, not bad, could have been a lot worse than this.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Remember it's not official until annouced on the official

Comment

Originally posted by deadendjob View Post
                          We've got that now in Lee Hoo's. Hindsight's a wonderful thing mind.
                          Its not hindsight that is needed but a football and business brain.
                          Quite a few of us on here stated he was not a vfm signing given his injury problems.
                          Shane Fernandes and the O2 man didn't have the sense needed.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            Its not hindsight that is needed but a football and business brain.
                            Quite a few of us on here stated he was not a vfm signing given his injury problems.
                            I think they might have been pressured by Harry and we didn't have a director of football at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              I think they might have been pressured by Harry and we didn't have a director of football at the time.
                              Yep, would be surprised if it was not pushed through by 'Arry so the club acted on the advice of a well respected experienced manager. With the benefit of hindsight 'Arry was an idiot period and should have been ignored!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                                Shane Fernandes out !

Comment

Working...
                                X