X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't pay him more than £5k a week. If he don't like it - ta ta

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
      I get the point he is saying, but for me Junior is worth keeping if he takes a cut of 50% on his current weekly pay.

I think in both Championship seasons he has been relatively good, of which he's played around 60 games for us. Granted in the Prem he has failed to live up to expectations, for whatever reasons, but maybe he has turned a corner?

This season IMHO Junior was very good for us, scored goals and laid on assists. As a whole the squad was poor and we finished mid table so nothing really to shout about. But Junior did turn up.... in-fact defensively he was a lot better..

I understand peoples views, tbh I can see why you wouldnt want him, but as said my football head says keep.
      Scored goals and laid on assists

He got two assists all year! The same as Ned and perch got more!!

He played more than Faurlin, luongo and cherry and they all got more than him!

I don't get this would he contributed assists and goals. He's on 45 k a week and played most of the season and got two assists and 6 goals and everyone thinks he's some super star.

He's absolute dog!!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
        He played more than Faurlin, luongo and cherry and they all got more than him!

Nope - Faurlin, Luongo and Chery all played more games than Hoilett.

Comment

I get the point he is saying, but for me Junior is worth keeping if he takes a cut of 50% on his current weekly pay.

I think in both Championship seasons he has been relatively good, of which he's played around 60 games for us. Granted in the Prem he has failed to live up to expectations, for whatever reasons, but maybe he has turned a corner?

This season IMHO Junior was very good for us, scored goals and laid on assists. As a whole the squad was poor and we finished mid table so nothing really to shout about. But Junior did turn up.... in-fact defensively he was a lot better..

I understand peoples views, tbh I can see why you wouldnt want him, but as said my football head says keep.

I just get annoyed when players like Hoillet, who does have talent, just seem to go missing for so long.
          He did have a much better season...I sit in R Block and it was very noticeable how much he tracked back....so it did beg the question...WTF have you been

Do I want him back? I just have this feeling ..that if he did..he would just do the same all over again. My feeling is ...he will go elsewhere.

One a final note - read a very good article from Damian Delaney..who I thought was bang average at QPR. However, like many ex players, seems to have blossomed...at a higher level. In the article...it did say he couldn't wait to get out of QPR and the toxic atmosphere at the club under so many managers. Maybe that's the case with Junior ...seems to be with other players ?

Comment

Class?? Oh dear. Nowhere near it. He has been better than the previous years but not that hard. He will not take £20k a week, he is a greedy mercenary ####.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Nope - Faurlin, Luongo and Chery all played more games than Hoilett.
              Faurlin played a game less and luongo a game more. But cherry played 10 more! This is all straight off the QPR website!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                Faurlin played a game less and luongo a game more. But cherry played 10 more! This is all straight off the QPR website!
                I couldn't have counted the 2 cup games Hoilett played !

Comment

So I rate Junior.... Like I said, the joys of football.

Comment

Football is a wonderful game, personally felt Junior was one of our better outlets last year. £15-20K is probably average wage for decent players at that level now. Not many will be on £10K a week anymore.
                    This. For 15-20k I'd keep Junior.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

He seems more keen to work for the team now. For whatever reason, I think it changed when Warnock came in. If we can get him to perform like he did when he was with Blackburn, I would say keep him. I would not give more than 20k a week though.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

A lot of people assuming he started to play well for a new contract or move. He may have been, but on the flip side he started playing well when Jimmy arrived. Maybe it is the manager getting more out of him. Players respond differently to managers.

My view is I would keep him if it is Jimmy getting the best out of him and he is on more of a respectable wage for a championship player.
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

He's gash - and on mega bucks.

Only SWP and Traore could be gasher in that position.

Phillips can Foxtrot Oscar too.

I'd rather have a gash player, playing for the shirt....... rather than deluded, big time Charlie's like that..... Even if it is in the Ryman.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                            A lot of people assuming he started to play well for a new contract or move. He may have been, but on the flip side he started playing well when Jimmy arrived. Maybe it is the manager getting more out of him. Players respond differently to managers.

My view is I would keep him if it is Jimmy getting the best out of him and he is on more of a respectable wage for a championship player.
                            Sensible view.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                              He's gash - and on mega bucks.

Only SWP and Traore could be gasher in that position.

Phillips can Foxtrot Oscar too.

I'd rather have a gash player, playing for the shirt....... rather than deluded, big time Charlie's like that..... Even if it is in the Ryman.
                              Who would you rather be starting games with next year, Hoilett or Mackie? Genuine question.
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                Who would you rather be starting games with next year, Hoilett or Mackie? Genuine question.
                                Fair question Matty.

I'd say that's like deciding if you want to be kicked in the Teds from the front - or behind.

Fence. Sit.

Comment

Working...
                                X