• Show
Clear All

Anybody have any idea what this is about

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...0uocRCyJwU0.97

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      Anybody have any idea what this is about

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...0uocRCyJwU0.97
      Reminds me of the type of article written about the Faurlingate affair, where if this was followed by that and coupled with the other thing the following could possibly happen.

One of the last paragraphs reads;
      "But IF Newcastle fail to go straight back up AND Ashley is found to be in breach of the rules THEN the Geordie giants COULD face POTENTIAL expulsion."

Comment

would never happen. No benefit in kicking them out. They would just heavily fine them. Either way, cant see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          This. Newcastle are stuffed full of gutless, over paid, international mercenaries. Many will leave. And those who can't won't be up for the championship.
          was gonna write this, word for word, on the toon.

as for who I favour, I reckon Derby aside (the lunacy of the owner #thederbyway #ClementOut, ol saggychops there)
          the other 2 who don't win the promo playoffs will be a shoe in for promo. Hull SheffW and Brighton, all top sides
          Rangers Til I Die
          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
            was gonna write this, word for word, on the toon.

as for who I favour, I reckon Derby aside (the lunacy of the owner #thederbyway #ClementOut, ol saggychops there)
            the other 2 who don't win the promo playoffs will be a shoe in for promo. Hull SheffW and Brighton, all top sides
            Agree

Comment

I would confidently bet that with the squads that us and Aston Villa have now - we would finish next season above them. Truly shocking team.

Comment

Times have changed IMO, plus it's a hell of a lot clearer of whats required to go back up.

Hull and Burnley had / have squads suited for the challenge, Villa and Newcastle dont. Norwich will be fine...

Comment

Naaaaarch won't lose that many players, which will be the reason they will be challenging like Burnley and Hull were.

Possibly lose one or two of Redmond, Brady, Naismith but that won't make a lot of difference. Got a decent team ethic and well equipped to the Championship.

Comment

If, big if, Newcastle keep hold of Rafa and the majority of that squad then they will definitely walk the league.
                    Not many Premier League teams could have lived with them today, nevermind championship.

Comment

I think Brighton may have over achieved this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
                        If, big if, Newcastle keep hold of Rafa and the majority of that squad then they will definitely walk the league.
                        Not many Premier League teams could have lived with them today, nevermind championship.
                        Shame about the rest of the season then. They will need consistency in this league and they've shown none of that.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          Shame about the rest of the season then. They will need consistency in this league and they've shown none of that.
                          No North's is right, quality will get you out of this division which is pretty basic. If they keep a few of this squad they will walk it. They are pretty clinical however in the championship you can quadruple the chances created, this really is a poor division where too many overrate the level
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Think people are massively underestimating the potential Newcastle have next season.

Lascelles, shelvey, Townsend, Colbeck, mitrovic, Armstrong. If they can keep a core of decent British players like that just for 1 season they are laughing.

Yes they have underperformed in the prem but they are different animal under Rafa and if they keep him and throw the dice at coming straight back up with him at the helm they will absolutely stuff the league.

Imagine if Rafa stays. Yeah they might lose 1 or 2 but I can see the British contingent staying for 1 year at least. They play in front of 50,000 people for a would class manager and get paid very well.

The best of the championship would jump to join Newcastle and play for Newcastle to.

Some people keep saying Newcastle are the same as villa on here and they are worlds apart as far as I'm concerned. Villa have a awful team and no money or leadership.

Comment

Difficult to say until all the transfer business has been done. I wouldn't have put Burnley top this season until they signed Andre Gray.

Comment

Newcastle will lose most of their foreign players (on loan or sold) and I expect them to struggle (mid table). Norwich will be a strong contender for promotion. Villa will struggle (like Fulham).

We'll improve a bit (maybe 8th-10th).
                                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                                X