Now we know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
    Newcastle will lose most of their foreign players (on loan or sold) and I expect them to struggle (mid table). Norwich will be a strong contender for promotion. Villa will struggle (like Fulham).

We'll improve a bit (maybe 8th-10th).
    Newcastle losing their foreign players isn't a bad thing at all. They still have a core group of British players that are a level above most teams in the championship.
    Also they will spend a bit of money they get from selling the likes of sissoko and will have the pick of all the best players wanting to play in the championship.

How anyone thinks Newcastle will struggle is beyond me!

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      They play in front of 50,000 people for a would class manager and get paid very well.
      Not every week they don't. Their away form is horrendous and the main reason they went down.

Newcastle won't struggle but equally they won't walk this division.

Comment

QPR is a great example of what isnt required to go up.

Burnley is a great example of what is required to go up.

1 team did it right, the other team had a punt at succeeding higher and it failed and cost them the following year too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Not every week they don't. Their away form is horrendous and the main reason they went down.

Newcastle won't struggle but equally they won't walk this division.
          If they keep Rafa, the nucleus of that team and let Rafa bring in who he wants tell me who will be stronger in the championship?

Don't get me wrong if they have a fire sale and get rid of shelvey, Townsend, las called and all the foreign players then I get where people are coming from.
          However I can't see it happening like that as they will want to come straight back up. They have a stronger team then burnley and boro and will add to it 100%.

Comment

If they keep Rafa, the nucleus of that team and let Rafa bring in who he wants tell me who will be stronger in the championship?

Don't get me wrong if they have a fire sale and get rid of shelvey, Townsend, las called and all the foreign players then I get where people are coming from.
            However I can't see it happening like that as they will want to come straight back up. They have a stronger team then burnley and boro and will add to it 100%.
            If Rafa stays then FFP will be right on their asses surely?

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
              If Rafa stays then FFP will be right on their asses surely?
              Not sure mate as its changed massively since we been back down. The only reason we are in such trouble is because the league are trying to impose the old rules that were in effect the season we got promoted.

I believe they look at different aspects now and different guidelines for the clubs that are relegated from the prem. Ie they are a little more lenient and understanding you can't just get rid of players who you had previously tied down to long term contracts.

Comment

Norwich

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Norwich
                  Newcastle finished above them!!

But u agree Norwich will be up there as they have a team made for a championship promotion race just like burnley. Just don't think they are stronger than Newcastle or will attract the players Newcastle will next season.

Comment

Not sure mate as its changed massively since we been back down. The only reason we are in such trouble is because the league are trying to impose the old rules that were in effect the season we got promoted.

I believe they look at different aspects now and different guidelines for the clubs that are relegated from the prem. Ie they are a little more lenient and understanding you can't just get rid of players who you had previously tied down to long term contracts.
                    Hmm probably right tbf.... regardless, Newcastle could be awful. Depends who stays, who goes, and who comes in and which of those staying actually turn up. E.g. Dont do a Fer, Sandro etc.

Comment

Hmm probably right tbf.... regardless, Newcastle could be awful. Depends who stays, who goes, and who comes in and which of those staying actually turn up. E.g. Dont do a Fer, Sandro etc.
                      100% mate. My presumption on Newcastle doing well is made on Rafa staying and them keeping the good eggs like lascelles, shelvey, Townsend, Aaron, mitrovic and Armstrong as a basis and then recruiting wisely around them.

I think if Newcastle are sensible and go for it they will be laughing but there is always that risk it could go wrong. Either way it's going to be tough in the championship next season.

Comment

100% mate. My presumption on Newcastle doing well is made on Rafa staying and them keeping the good eggs like lascelles, shelvey, Townsend, Aaron, mitrovic and Armstrong as a basis and then recruiting wisely around them.

I think if Newcastle are sensible and go for it they will be laughing but there is always that risk it could go wrong. Either way it's going to be tough in the championship next season.
                        Is it enough though, even in that list I dont see some of these being the type to put a shift in. (Townsend and Shelvey will, IF They stay though)

Comment

Is it enough though, even in that list I dont see some of these being the type to put a shift in. (Townsend and Shelvey will, IF They stay though)
                          I think if QPR announced the players I listed there as our next 5 or 6 signings we'd all be talking about automatic promotion so imo I think there all fantastic players for this league. It's just whether they can convince them to stay for 1 season to give it a go.

Comment

Newcastle finished above them!!

But u agree Norwich will be up there as they have a team made for a championship promotion race just like burnley. Just don't think they are stronger than Newcastle or will attract the players Newcastle will next season.
                            Norwich won't lose as many players as Newcastle will though (IMO).

Comment

I think if QPR announced the players I listed there as our next 5 or 6 signings we'd all be talking about automatic promotion so imo I think there all fantastic players for this league. It's just whether they can convince them to stay for 1 season to give it a go.
                              I still think Newcastle mirror the same as QPR coming down last year.

Burnley is what is required, which is why Norwich SHOULD win the league easily next year IMO.

Comment

Some good points made here and I concede if they keep the british nucleus AND Rafa they will be contenders. However, I think they are both very bif Ifs.
                                I fear Norwich far more at this stage. They will most probably keep their manager and have a strong squad at this level.
                                As a side note I do not think this is a strong league. I was not impressed with anyone at HQ this season other than (dare I say it!) Fulham and Boro for a spell of the game. It was a typical year in this league where anyone can beat anyone. What seems to be needed is consistency. Burnley showed that at the end but I thought we were the better footballing side in our loss against them and in the other games I saw I saw a lot of route one stuff. I think if they try and do it on the cheap again next season they should be favourites for relegation. I think Boro will throw some money at it and probably have a better chance of staying.
                                All imo of course!!

Comment

Working...
                                X