Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are we in crisis (again!)? At least 14 new signings needed and we have no money!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crisis? . Blackpool and Bolton they are in crisis, we've released a couple of stalwarts and now we're in crisis? Half the players released didn't even feature in a squad that comfortably finished mid table. We don't need to replace players that wernt playing were still very much trimming the fat. Anything for a bit of drama though eh
    Last edited by Greg1882; 10-05-2016, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Has it been officially confirmed that we have no money then?

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
        With the greatest will in the world Grego-Cox, Comley, Sutherland, Doughty and Furlong are all fringe players and won't get us up. To have a squad to get promotion we need players who could play in the Premier. These boys although young and enthusiastic wouldn't cut it in the Prem. Compare that squad with Burnley and Boro and we are miles away!!! We need to get at least 10 quality players in by signing and loaning. Let's hope JFH has the pull to attract them! BTW you forgot El K!!!
        Buddie there is no way we are going to go up this coming season , about 5 or so young players of descent quality over Quantity is needed , but but most important is that any incoming players are well vetted so we are not importing any more troublesome ,lazy , money grabbing self serving lumps of crap like we have been throwing money at the past ,and that should'nt be to hard to do after all many other clubs manage to do just that

Comment

It is looking like another season of consolidation at the moment. Unless they gel quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
            Buddie there is no way we are going to go up this coming season , about 5 or so young players of descent quality over Quantity is needed , but but most important is that any incoming players are well vetted so we are not importing any more troublesome ,lazy , money grabbing self serving lumps of crap like we have been throwing money at the past ,and that should'nt be to hard to do after all many other clubs manage to do just that
            Although I am not expecting to go up this year. Burnley and Boro didn't outplay us in any of the four games in my opinion so are not that special. Both will have to change their squads to stay up. I expect Burnly to try and get away with minimal spending and I expect Boro to flash the cash.

Comment

Oh no...have we really got enough time to find a replacement for Traore and Gobern !!!?

Comment

Originally posted by oldhoop View Post
                Hill, Faurlin, Green, Diakite, Yun, Traore, Gobern all gone! So with these 7 gone and Angella and Konch loans finished that's 9 we need.

Then what about Fer, Caulker and Sandro? Will they be coming back off loan? Doubtful! That's 12 out.

JET clearly doesn't have a future and Hoillet wants away.

That's just the 14 needed!!

Others that may not stay include Henry, Tozser & Gladwin.

Here we go again! Another rebuild. Being positive that's a chance for JFH to get in his own team but we have been here too many times in the recent past and the signings he's made so far have been less than inspiring.

So are we in crisis or is this another "new beginning"?
                So you're saying that we need to rush out and replace Green, Diakite, Yun, Traore, Gobern & JET who have barely kicked a ball since Jimmy came in? Come on mate, don't be daft. And Rob Green has already been replaced by Ingram, we're in good shape in goal. The you can also chuck in the fact that Doughty, Robinson, Grego-Cox, Petrasso, Kpekwa & Comley have all had decent game time either at Loftus Road or on loan this season. Some, if not all of those 6 will feature regularly next season.

I think the fact that Jimmy is letting Faurlin & Hill leave also signals his intent not to be carrying older or injured players in the squad. He wants a smallish squad with players that are fit enough to play every week.

In reality we are going to need a couple of central midfielders, a central defender, a right back, a striker a couple of wingers. Not an overhaul, more of a standard summer shopping list for a professional football club in my opinion.
                Last edited by Tarbie; 10-05-2016, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                  Although I am not expecting to go up this year. Burnley and Boro didn't outplay us in any of the four games in my opinion so are not that special. Both will have to change their squads to stay up. I expect Burnly to try and get away with minimal spending and I expect Boro to flash the cash.
                  Yeah got to agree I expect Burnley to be more patient and take things more steady even if it means a few more yoyo trips

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    In my opinion after how we`ve performed this season,with all these departures our sides going to be quite worrying for me if all we`re going to do is spending on the cheap & lower league players,can see us really struggling,plus with no real leaders or qpr players who will bleed for the shirt,could end up fighting to stay in the league,definately if they dont buy any quality anyway!
                    Yes, I share your concerns! JFH and Les have got lots of work to do with little margin for error, if anything this past season should be a reminder of how tough a league The Championship is and how a team with ambitions for a play off spot could be in a relegation battle!
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

We will spend money though. I reckon he club will surprise a few people and we will be one of the biggest spending clubs in The division. Offset from sales of Sandro, fer, Phillips and potentially caulker.

Comment

I dont really get what the complaint is.

We finished mid table with the current squad. nothing to suggest the current crop of players or anything but a mid table team. we all want more and to get play offs / Automatic, so changes need to be made.

Who out of those we let go are you really upset about? I get the emotional attachment to Faurlin and Hill, but after the intital reaction, i think everyone has listened to the reasoning behind JFH decision and agrees.

Complaining for the sake of it really.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                          I dont really get what the complaint is.

We finished mid table with the current squad. nothing to suggest the current crop of players or anything but a mid table team. we all want more and to get play offs / Automatic, so changes need to be made.

Who out of those we let go are you really upset about? I get the emotional attachment to Faurlin and Hill, but after the intital reaction, i think everyone has listened to the reasoning behind JFH decision and agrees.

Complaining for the sake of it really.
                          Not complaining at all and although sad about Ale and Clint believe it is the right move. We are losing up to 14 players from our squad which leaves a massive hole. Admittidley half of those weren't playing or out on loan however the lack of quality and experience left in the squad means a major overhaul and I expect more players going than we currently know about. If our ambition is not promotion what's the point? Has JFH come here to achieve mid table or make a name for himself in the Prem. Without said quality and experience we could be looking downwards instead and this transfer window is probably our most important ever!
                          oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Why do we need 9 in the first place? It's not like Yun, Traore, Diakite, Gobern or Green needed replacing. They weren't even involved really apart from Green and he's already been replaced.
                            Fer, Caulker and Sandro haven't been needed so again, they don't need replacing so much. JET himself doesn't need replacing, we just need an proper striker, but Hoilett needs replacing although perhaps Petrasso is that player.
                            Those 2 midfielders (assuming Karl stays which is the hope), we already have replacements at the club in the form of Doughty, Comley, etc.

In truth, the first team rebuild isn't that huge thankfully, it's just about building a squad full of youthful and energetic players. What needs replacing is one centre mid spot, a full back starter, a centre back starter, a winger and a striker. Everything else is secondary.
                            This. Pretty much all the players listed have had little to no impact this season, not even as squad players

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              Burnley; Vokes, Gray and Boyd QPR; Polter, Washington and..... enough said!!!!
                              oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

- Some of the players you stated didnt even feature in our squads
                                - Some were out on loan

I would say we've lost 7 TOPS first team SQUAD players this summer.

Comment

Working...
                                X