Faurlin Departs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    You're going by the idea that Faurlin and Henry would be the duo next season. Faurlin and any of those youngsters you've listed has the potential to be a fantastic midfield. All of them are dynamic and in combination with one of the best ball players in the division, they'd make a very well balanced midfield duo.
    Even forgetting his immense footballing ability (any time players have been asked about him they call him one of the best footballers they've played with, coming from Barton and Hoilett to my recollection), his journey is nothing short of magnificent and he'd inspire so many of our young midfielders. No one but Clint can match his heart and the effort he'd put in for this club. That alone is immeasurable in a world of mercenary footballers.
    As I've said on another thread, they'd better have some new up and coming Xavi 2.0 to replace him because that's the only sort of player who is good enough to take up his role.

Good post nas & exactly right,we`ll need some cracking player to replace ali,every team needs a ale & clint!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• F uck me some of the posts are priceless reading some of the overreactions have made be chuckle

My two pence worth Ale will be remembered by me fondly and I will forever appreciate his contribution in our first promotion season. That is the player I miss not the shadow of the player he is now. You can tell the mind is still there but the body I am afraid is no longer able. He played 30 games but how many of those games did he get you out your seat or have a meaningful contribution/influence. Name a game this season where he took it by the scruff of the neck and dictated how it ended up???? He used to do that as standard not anymore

Had he stayed as a squad player, as suggested we offered him, I can get my head round that but I'm afraid we won't challenge next season with him in the middle same way as we never challenged this season. Rightly or wrongly football especially in the centre of the park is all about energy, dynamism, agility and athleticism of which he sadly lacks it all

Good luck to him and hope whereever he ends up he gets to play football week in week out until he hangs his boots up as he deserves it

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        F uck me some of the posts are priceless reading some of the overreactions have made be chuckle

My two pence worth Ale will be remembered by me fondly and I will forever appreciate his contribution in our first promotion season. That is the player I miss not the shadow of the player he is now. You can tell the mind is still there but the body I am afraid is no longer able. He played 30 games but how many of those games did he get you out your seat or have a meaningful contribution/influence. Name a game this season where he took it by the scruff of the neck and dictated how it ended up???? He used to do that as standard not anymore

Had he stayed as a squad player, as suggested we offered him, I can get my head round that but I'm afraid we won't challenge next season with him in the middle same way as we never challenged this season. Rightly or wrongly football especially in the centre of the park is all about energy, dynamism, agility and athleticism of which he sadly lacks it all

Good luck to him and hope whereever he ends up he gets to play football week in week out until he hangs his boots up as he deserves it
        I agree with your first part. Midfield has been woeful and he has been lacking. If we want to improve, he can't be a first teamer. However, a squad player yes.
        But, do you really think Faurlin would demand to be 1st choice? Do managers even make that decision now? Ie. we want you but only to sit on the bench? He's been pushed out in my view.

Comment

• Mods Can we have a vote on this decision?

Comment

• "IT'S TIME TO MAKE NEW HEROES ".

Absolutely love that quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
              Mods Can we have a vote on this decision?
              Sure, I'll add a poll. Perhaps do one for Clint too.

Comment

• Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                I agree with your first part. Midfield has been woeful and he has been lacking. If we want to improve, he can't be a first teamer. However, a squad player yes.
                But, do you really think Faurlin would demand to be 1st choice? Do managers even make that decision now? Ie. we want you but only to sit on the bench? He's been pushed out in my view.
                Statement on official said he was offered squad role but wanted first team

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  "IT'S TIME TO MAKE NEW HEROES ".

Absolutely love that quote.
                  Trouble is I very much doubt Jimmy can make his own s hit.........

Comment

• Poll added.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Statement on official said he was offered squad role but wanted first team
                      Then as sad it is, this is best for both parties. If we are to contend and go up and stay up he wont be first team, we need a tough tackling defensive midfielder who can marshall the defence and allow our fullbacks to get forward without worry and then one who can pass and run past people and chip in for goals. Ale was sadly neither. I adore him as a QPR guy, but no he cant be promised first team football.

Comment

• Sad to see him go but it had to happen sometime. The club and fans have stuck by him through his injuries and he'll always be a favorite, he can leave with his head held high.

Comment

Slightly disappointed but at the same time liking this get tough stance from the manager.
                          It could prove to be a very poor decision unless JFH has a better midfielder lined up.
                          Faurlin has played 30 games this season and the team has played better when he has been in the team.
                          The midfield next season could be Luongo Henry and Toszer.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                            It could prove to be a very poor decision unless JFH has a better midfielder lined up.
                            Faurlin has played 30 games this season and the team has played better when he has been in the team.
                            The midfield next season could be Luongo Henry and Toszer.
                            No chance mate. Hes got new people incoming. 'LET'S MAKE NEW HEROES'.

Comment

• Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                              Then as sad it is, this is best for both parties. If we are to contend and go up and stay up he wont be first team, we need a tough tackling defensive midfielder who can marshall the defence and allow our fullbacks to get forward without worry and then one who can pass and run past people and chip in for goals. Ale was sadly neither. I adore him as a QPR guy, but no he cant be promised first team football.
                              Maybe he cannot be promised 1st team starting place, but none of the others currently at the club can be either. He was the best midfielder at QPR last season and the team performed best when he played. Hopefully someone who can do what you have stated is needed is going to be signed because none of Luongo Henry or Toszer fit the bill.
                              As for going up, they can worry about that if it ever happens.

Comment

No chance mate. Hes got new people incoming. 'LET'S MAKE NEW HEROES'.
                                Hopefully.

Comment

Working...
                                X