Tonight doesn't feel like a loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tonight doesn't feel like a loss

Yeah we defended badly (that can be fixed with hard work) but hey we scored 3 legal goals. Chery get again scoring, Polter played well, Henry was immense in the first half, Smithies was really good as always. Hoilett is still integral and I hope we keep him. I am excited for the future of the club.

Totally agree mate.

Comment

Thought we were pretty poor overall but we still matched one of the better sides in the division. Hopefully with a proper pre season, we can be challenging next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
        Thought we were pretty poor overall but we still matched one of the better sides in the division. Hopefully with a proper pre season, we can be challenging next year.
        I agree, I thought both teams were poor to be honest. Don't see how Middlesbrough are so high up, they were reliant on our lack of pace but didn't really do much and wouldn't have scored without our mistakes. The players who stood out to me today were Chery, Polter, Hoilett when he came on, washington when he came on and Smithies. Everyone else was cack for me.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

One of them games where you actually like being in the championship for me. If only we hadn't lost

Comment

Exactly, I have felt this way a fair few times this year as some of the matches are just so damn enjoyable. Brighton was one. There has been something rather special about our recent night matches. The atmosphere is just better, I feel people and the players get more angsty which makes for a more enjoyable scenario.

Comment

By the way, last 5 minutes of tonight were electrifying in terms of noise from the fans.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Is it just me but do all of our centre backs to crap when they partner Angella? Worst game Grant Hall has had for us all season.

Comment

I am still of the opinion that three very average sides will go up this year. We weren't particularly good tonight as quite of few of our players put in below par performances. However it should have been three all and other than a great spell by them after ht there wasn't much in it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Is it just me but do all of our centre backs to crap when they partner Angella? Worst game Grant Hall has had for us all season.
                    Clint partnered him and we conceded one goal in three games. But Clint is 37 years old, too slow, blah blah blah.

Comment

Personally I think Boro were one of the best teams we have played all season (barring Fulham of course who are Barcas double against us). But the fact all 3 goals were avoidable and we had a legitimate goal disallowed gives me hope for next season. I'm just hoping all the bad luck is happening this season and we get the breaks next season.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
                        Personally I think Boro were one of the best teams we have played all season (barring Fulham of course who are Barcas double against us). But the fact all 3 goals were avoidable and we had a legitimate goal disallowed gives me hope for next season. I'm just hoping all the bad luck is happening this season and we get the breaks next season.
                        Yes, agree they were one of the best sides. It annoys me a bit we've lost to them twice as we should've won at their place with Phillips chances. Still, that was on Sky as well so we should have expected that!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                          I am still of the opinion that three very average sides will go up this year

Of all of them only Burnley capable of staying in the Prem, so we'll see Boro/Brighton etc again

Comment

This was a thoroughly enjoyable match to watch. We did show a lot of passion, albeit we should have avoided all three goals against. The only attacking player who played bad was Phillips. Not sure what´s wrong with him. I would also like us to work on pace in defence and defensive midfield; Faurlin and Henry are too slow for my liking.In patches Boro did penetrate us to easily because they had problems with regards to adjusting sideways. Stand out players for me were Smithies, Chery and Polter. Washington and Hoilett did well when they came on.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Working...
                            X