accounts 2014-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accounts 2014-15

so... the accounts are up on the companies house website (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history). main points from a quick glance:

loss of £45.7m
    debt £217m (i think this is before the write-off)
    wage bill £72.9m

club don't seem to be saying much at the moment.

Originally posted by klonk View Post
    so... the accounts are up on the companies house website (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history). main points from a quick glance:

loss of £45.7m
    debt £217m (i think this is before the write-off)
    wage bill £72.9m

club don't seem to be saying much at the moment.
    Interesting that our wage bill went down from the championship year.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

£73 million wage bill? Wow.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
        £73 million wage bill? Wow.
        Yea, figures do seem a bit shocking, but without knowing other clubs, i cant put it into context really. Would like to know someone like Readings accounts compared to this.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Interesting that our wage bill went down from the championship year.
          Would imagine there were a lot less win bonuses !!

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
            Yea, figures do seem a bit shocking, but without knowing other clubs, i cant put it into context really. Would like to know someone like Readings accounts compared to this.
            readings figures for the same period were:

loss £4.4m
            wages £14.2m
            debt £72m

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
              readings figures for the same period were:

loss £4.4m
              wages £14.2m
              debt £72m
              thanks Klonk. I was trying to pick a similar sized club close to us and in the championship, but guess your always playing catch up trying to read into these accounts as we have changed so much since from when these figures were calculated.

Comment

Just out of curiousity are we in any serious financial danger? Like I know we were close to getting in serious trouble last year but managed to get away with it. Makes me wonder how we, a club who have spent a ridiculous amount on wages and transfers recently are still more stable than clubs like Fulham and forest.

I just hope we don't end up like Portsmouth

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                  Just out of curiousity are we in any serious financial danger? Like I know we were close to getting in serious trouble last year but managed to get away with it. Makes me wonder how we, a club who have spent a ridiculous amount on wages and transfers recently are still more stable than clubs like Fulham and forest.

Way i see it is we have owners that are so rich that we wont ever really get into trouble as there pockets are so deep. only when they all have had enough and want to sell up will i worry about it.

Comment

Fark.

And to think that most were worried about the £10 million ABC loan..........

Football has actually gone off the scale.

Comment

One of the worrying things is the amount of indebtedness starting to grow again post write off.

No wonder they were so keen on promotion before the reality check, the model is still a long way from sustainable.

I think this guy is keeping an eye on the state of play and may well be doing another piece. Best informed article on the nuts years bar none.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

i'm not sure that we are in any immediate danger... the debt figure above is before the conversion of shareholder debt into equity of £180m loans.

what is worrying though is that the cost base doesn't seem to be shrinking quickly enough - this is just £3m less than the wages for the previous season, despite all the talk of lessons being learnt. on the plus side, we have lost a number of high earners since these books came out (and the wages for all of the incoming players between them probably amount to less than what barton and zamora pocketed in this season), but it's clear that restructuring the wage bill is going to be a long-term project, which means that talk of offering hoilett £30k a week is completely unrealistic.

ffp still hangs heavy over the club... the loss includes no provision for any fine and means that we have already substantially breached the rolling 3 year cap that will be introduced next year. the club seem confident that they can successfully challenge ffp (although i wonder why it's only us that feels the need to challenge it).

for comparison purposes, burnley announced profits of £30m today for the same season... and said that they don't have any cash to splash.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                          Way i see it is we have owners that are so rich that we wont ever really get into trouble as there pockets are so deep. only when they all have had enough and want to sell up will i worry about it.
                          Worry is though is if they are so rich why did they come up with the plan for ST to renew pre April this year for cash flow purposes which they subsequently rowed back on plus slightly increasing prices. It's amazing they can get into so much debt with two premiership seasons and parachute payments and have so little to show for it.
                          They really are hoping for the land deals to come in.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            One of the worrying things is the amount of indebtedness starting to grow again post write off.

No wonder they were so keen on promotion before the reality check, the model is still a long way from sustainable.

I think this guy is keeping an eye on the state of play and may well be doing another piece. Best informed article on the nuts years bar none.

Jesus H Christ.

Whilst I'm not a fan of stats....... That's frightening.

Who the hell signed off those contracts?!

Then again... I'll still love supporting our club in the Ryman.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post

Wait wait, just for the record, this is pre write off...
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X