No announcement yet.

Ex QPR Harriman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

at 23 he still has plenty of time to have potential.

Best years for a defender are ahead of him. @ years in football is a long time. He could easily make the step up to league 1 and a season or two playing there he'll still only be 26 and i'm sure championship clubs would take notice at that age.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
      at 23 he still has plenty of time to have potential.

Best years for a defender are ahead of him. @ years in football is a long time. He could easily make the step up to league 1 and a season or two playing there he'll still only be 26 and i'm sure championship clubs would take notice at that age.
      what is this based on? no league 1 clubs came in for him it seems so clearly they dont think so either.

not that anyone is going to remember in 2-3 years time, but id eat my dog if he was playing regularly at championship level.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
        what is this based on? no league 1 clubs came in for him it seems so clearly they dont think so either.

not that anyone is going to remember in 2-3 years time, but id eat my dog if he was playing regularly at championship level.
        This is based on 3 or 4 mates who took the same route as Harriman and are now playing a much higher level after dropping down divisions. Some people take a step back to go 2 forward.

All it means is that Wycombe took a chance and have given him a platform to play week in week out and potentially get noticed. At QPR he wasn't given enough chances for maybe a league 1 side to take a risk. For all we know Wycombe could get promoted this season and a good season in league 1 at 24 years old could open more opportunities for him as it did my mates.

I also say he could make the step up to league 1 just from my personal experience of seeing him play. He seems to be adapting to league 2 football very well and having a decent influence in most games and the step up to league 1 isn't that massive. Obviously the higher you go up the football pyramid the bigger the jump. Just personally I think he could be playing league 1 football now. Maybe after 2 years in that league he could make the step up further.

I just feel his departure from QPR was down to timing and maybe at this time he isnt championship ready and this move to Wycombe is the best thing for him. However I certainly wouldn't write of his potential to play a higher standard at the age of 23.

Comment

This is based on 3 or 4 mates who took the same route as Harriman and are now playing a much higher level after dropping down divisions. Some people take a step back to go 2 forward.

All it means is that Wycombe took a chance and have given him a platform to play week in week out and potentially get noticed. At QPR he wasn't given enough chances for maybe a league 1 side to take a risk. For all we know Wycombe could get promoted this season and a good season in league 1 at 24 years old could open more opportunities for him as it did my mates.

I also say he could make the step up to league 1 just from my personal experience of seeing him play. He seems to be adapting to league 2 football very well and having a decent influence in most games and the step up to league 1 isn't that massive. Obviously the higher you go up the football pyramid the bigger the jump. Just personally I think he could be playing league 1 football now. Maybe after 2 years in that league he could make the step up further.

I just feel his departure from QPR was down to timing and maybe at this time he isnt championship ready and this move to Wycombe is the best thing for him. However I certainly wouldn't write of his potential to play a higher standard at the age of 23.
          i dont really understand the point you are making then. If you think at the age of 26 he may be ready for championship football, it was a mistake to let him go?

he was a youth player with potential for about 5 years, at 23 the vast majority of players have broken into first team football. If he signed a contract at 18 are we supposed to keep him on the books for the belief that in 8 years time he might be ready?

not good enough, we got rid.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
            i dont really understand the point you are making then. If you think at the age of 26 he may be ready for championship football, it was a mistake to let him go?

he was a youth player with potential for about 5 years, at 23 the vast majority of players have broken into first team football. If he signed a contract at 18 are we supposed to keep him on the books for the belief that in 8 years time he might be ready?

not good enough, we got rid.
            My point is writing a player off at 23. I still think thats to young. There's to many expectations for players to be superstars by their early 20's. When your Man Utd, City or big teams like that then I understand but at QPR I find our expectations are still very unrealistic with player recruitment and the type of players we expect at our club.

Harriman made the personal decision to move on as I believe we would of offered him another 1 or 2 year deal to see how he progressed out loan under our control. However Fair play to the lad for taking the plunge to join a club he plays week in week out and can demonstrate his potential.

I reckon he will move up the leagues fairly quickly.

Players develop at different stages but also need the opportunity to show what they can do.

Comment

A bit strange that he played well for us against Liverpool away and that was it? The staff should have given him time to develop properly,imo.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

My point is writing a player off at 23. I still think thats to young. There's to many expectations for players to be superstars by their early 20's. When your Man Utd, City or big teams like that then I understand but at QPR I find our expectations are still very unrealistic with player recruitment and the type of players we expect at our club.

Harriman made the personal decision to move on as I believe we would of offered him another 1 or 2 year deal to see how he progressed out loan under our control. However Fair play to the lad for taking the plunge to join a club he plays week in week out and can demonstrate his potential.

I reckon he will move up the leagues fairly quickly.

Players develop at different stages but also need the opportunity to show what they can do.
                got no problem with us signing a 26/27 year old from lower leagues once they have proved themselves, just dont think we should be paying wages for 8-9-10 years before someone MIGHT be ready to play at our level.

on the basis many players make their debut around the 18 mark, he has had 5 years since then to prove himself. How much more time are people prepared to give.

we all want us to have a successful youth set up, but no point banging on about players that wernt good enough. I remember the outrage at Tim Hiscock going......whats he doing now?

Comment

He could easily make the step up to league 1.
                  Already played 30+ games in League 1

Comment

Originally posted by OneJamieMackie View Post
                    Not sure about others but when Harriman has played in the first team he's impressed me, same for Kpekwa

Good to Harriman and I agree with stanistheman, we would be scouting them kind of players had we never had him
                    Problem for me is that he barely got a 1st team game at QPR and some players play better when alongside better players. Furlong got a run of 4 games and wasn't good enough, it's a pity Harriman never go the same chance.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                      generally speaking i think we should never have let him go but on the grand scale of all thats gone on its just a small mistake compared to letting warnock go dont forget he was opnly two points away from the play offs and as a manager hes on fire so if we had gone up with money to spend he could have saved the club
                      NOW THATS A MISTAKE OF MOMENTOUS PROPORTIONS
                      I agree with you about Warnock.

Comment

Working...
                      X