Ex QPR Harriman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex QPR Harriman

Anyone else see that Harriman has scored 7 goals from right back? I do find it weird we let him go, very solid and good going forward!

At two divisions below and mostly playing right wing

Comment

Originally posted by OneJamieMackie View Post
      Anyone else see that Harriman has scored 7 goals from right back? I do find it weird we let him go, very solid and good going forward!
      True, but as I have stated before if he had not already been at QPR, the club would be scouting him as a possible signing.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
        True, but as I have stated before if he had not already been at QPR, the club would be scouting him as a possible signing.
        I imagine we scout everyone before we sign them and a lot of the time it doesnt work, its always a gamble. We know 100% that Harriman isnt a fit for us, but good luck to him.

Comment

You've got to credit the management and coaching team with some sense. They'll make some mistakes but on the whole they have the experience to know who's going to make it at a certain level and who isn't.

I suspect Harriman is now playing at the level that he can shine at. All clubs scout players - if he really was that good, he'd have been chased by better clubs than Wycombe. Darnell Furlong was the latest in a long line of 'better than sliced bread but not given a chance in the senior team' and after a very short run that showed he wasn't up to it, he's now also playing in League two on loan. Hopefully will make it at full back for us eventually.

Comment

Harriman will be a late bloomer if anything. Sure, he's doing great in League 2 right now but the quality of players in League 2 is vastly different to that of the Championship and even League 1. I hope Harriman does go on to have a successful career playing at a higher level and I personally won't feel bitter or angry towards the management here for letting him go. He simply wasn't good enough for us and the only way he can get better is by playing regularly, something we could never have given him given the guy.

Comment

Not sure about others but when Harriman has played in the first team he's impressed me, same for Kpekwa

Good to Harriman and I agree with stanistheman, we would be scouting them kind of players had we never had him

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                You've got to credit the management and coaching team with some sense.
                Given some of the mystifying departures and an apparent willingness to play people out of position, that presumption can not be safely given. Yet.

Comment

Just hope we took the right decision. Will be very disappointed to watch him shine for another Championship club.

Comment

None of our youngsters have been given a chance. 3 or 4 games isn't a lot. Look at Toilett, he was given 3 1/2 years of games and is only turning it on now. And half of the lemons want to give him another contract.
                    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

But the oranges don't, so it's balanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        But the oranges don't, so it's balanced.
                        So do you think these youngsters are getting a fair crack?
                        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

generally speaking

generally speaking i think we should never have let him go but on the grand scale of all thats gone on its just a small mistake compared to letting warnock go dont forget he was opnly two points away from the play offs and as a manager hes on fire so if we had gone up with money to spend he could have saved the club
                          NOW THATS A MISTAKE OF MOMENTOUS PROPORTIONS
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Harriman has potential and could still easily become a decent championship player as still young. He quite clearly wanted the move to play first team football so fair play to the lad.

I am gutted he wasn't given a chance but these things happen unfortunately.

Comment

They play him right wing, so that explains the goals he scores.

Was no longer young enough to have "potential", was time to start doing it. Clearly couldn't cut the mustard at this grade as countless managers have over looked him.

Wish him all the best, but imho will be surprised if he ever plays in the championship

Comment

Working...
                              X