No announcement yet.

Sod off engulund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Despite how much passion I have for QPR, my most mentally scarring memories and joyous memories are of England. Haven't missed a match in years, just something special about watching them. England Scotland on the boiling summers day, England Holland, England Argentina 98, England Brazil 02 (should have won that game), some really great games where I was proud to be a fan.

Comment

Used to be fun watching England in the '80's and most of the '90's but just become #### now.

A 4 day weekend with no games and then we have Leeds and Brighton away midweek, ####ing clueless. Put the international friendlies mid week and two games on over Easter when people can actually get to them.

Comment

I think part of the reason we've become so jaded about Engerland is that whilst back in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s most of the England players were the top players in our top league, after that the influx of foreign players so watered down the English presence in top flight football, that something that was essential and tribal about supporting Engerland changed. Not for everyone of course, but it definitely changed.

I began to lose interest around the time of the 2004 Euros. It was also all the media hype that just became ridiculous, along with the whole celebrity side of it, the WAGS and all that ########. I never stopped watching of course, and this year I'm going to Marseilles for a Q/F, but that's more about my love of football than anything to do with England. I honestly don't really care about England any more.

Comment

I'm going to Marseilles, whatever happens.
          Last edited by Hubble; 22-03-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            I'm going to Marseilles, whatever happens.
            I have tickets for every England game up to and including the final if we make it plus another couple of non England matches

Comment

one of my boys has a ticket for the wales game i'll be worried sick when he's their , stopped going to england games myself when i had to listen to 90 mins of songs about the irish

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                one of my boys has a ticket for the wales game i'll be worried sick when he's their , stopped going to england games myself when i had to listen to 90 mins of songs about the irish
                Football fans need to grow up they are like school kids, I would go with him if I was you mate so you know he is safe
                You Rsssssss

Comment

have no time for INGERLAND. Just gets in the way of proper football.

Foreign players have made the domestic game much better although have exposed our own players as not being all that for the main part. They need to grow a pair and compete rather than moan about foreigners. Whatever happened to Brit grit?

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                    Football fans need to grow up they are like school kids, I would go with him if I was you mate so you know he is safe
                    he's going with his mates for 4 days , he wouldn't have me tagging along he's at that age

Comment

I would go with him if I was you mate so you know he is safe
                      Like he'd really want his old man tagging along with his lunch box and holding his pocket money while he wants to get lashed up with his pals.

Comment

Cmon Harry , put yourself in that lads shoes. Doubt your want ya ol man there, he'll get lashed and play up. Part and parcel for a Young Englishman away, it's in our nature. We went through the 80,s my ol man felt proud I went to war torn areas like Liverpool, mum was different.
                        Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                          he's going with his mates for 4 days , he wouldn't have me tagging along he's at that age
                          Point taken lol, am sure he will be safe
                          You Rsssssss

Comment

Be safe tonight Beefy

Comment

3-2 England v Germany tonight - you can't tell me that doesn't feel good! Great second half performance from a really exciting young England team. Let's hope Hodgson has the bottle to drop Rooney permanently.

Comment

Boys did very very well, and the muslims terrorists ##### can #### off
                                I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Working...
                                X