Polter v Rhodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    OK - Was just hard to see you rate him from what you were saying.
    I don't think any striker has limits personally - I think any striker can get to any target with hard work and learning.
    Polter has the base for a v decent striker, which is why I put faith in him to hit 20 goals in the next season or so - If he stays fit.
    Brilliant haha! You're clearly not reading my posts then? I've stated a few times how pleasing it is to see him doing well, whats more important TO ME, is the fact he wears the shirt with pride and gives 100% every game. Even still, saying he could score 15 goals in a season is a very very good return from just ONE player, its not a criticism.

I think that's the issue right there, in your head then a striker only does well by scoring goals. (Which is of course half the battle) but they do also have a job to play to enable to the team to do well as a whole.

Fulham have two top strikers, but clearly they are not all pulling together in the right way?

Comment

Wouldn't say goalscoring or up front is Fulham's issue this season, they are the 2nd highest goalscorers in the league. Just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        Wouldn't say goalscoring or up front is Fulham's issue this season, they are the 2nd highest goalscorers in the league. Just saying
        huh? Do you read what I write? I get that Hove, your reply has no context to what I just said haha??? My point is, regardless of scoring goals players have to do it a bit more than that, Fulham as a team are clearly not pulling together!

Comment

Thats fair tbh. I misread that one.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
            Brilliant haha! You're clearly not reading my posts then? I've stated a few times how pleasing it is to see him doing well, whats more important TO ME, is the fact he wears the shirt with pride and gives 100% every game. Even still, saying he could score 15 goals in a season is a very very good return from just ONE player, its not a criticism.

I think that's the issue right there, in your head then a striker only does well by scoring goals. (Which is of course half the battle) but they do also have a job to play to enable to the team to do well as a whole.

Fulham have two top strikers, but clearly they are not all pulling together in the right way?
            No No, I am reading your posts and have seen where you've stated you like him.. It's just hard to believe it, reading your posts.

Errrrm no. That's not the issue because that's not what I think in my head at all... I'm well aware they do more than just put the ball in the net; I just said that I don't think any striker has a limit? They can all score a lot of goals and become better players, with hard work. I'm not sure where you linked me saying that to thinking I think, they just score goals? Your creating a non-debate and I don't understand what your post there has to do with my previous one? haha But by all means, feel free to go off on a Thursday afternoon tangent if it makes you feel better haha

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              No No, I am reading your posts and have seen where you've stated you like him.. It's just hard to believe it, reading your posts.

Errrrm no. That's not the issue because that's not what I think in my head at all... I'm well aware they do more than just put the ball in the net; I just said that I don't think any striker has a limit? They can all score a lot of goals and become better players, with hard work. I'm not sure where you linked me saying that to thinking I think, they just score goals? Your creating a non-debate and I don't understand what your post there has to do with my previous one? haha But by all means, feel free to go off on a Thursday afternoon tangent if it makes you feel better haha
              Sure, its a bank holiday weekend so it might go even further come 5pm once I am the pub.

POLTER FOR ENGLAND!! (Sorry Germany...)

Comment

Brexit could mean that we lose him.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                  Brexit could mean that we lose him.
                  I haven't exactly been following the debate much, but would brexit mean that players from Europe need Work Permits to play here? That may be a big issue if its the case.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    I haven't exactly been following the debate much, but would brexit mean that players from Europe need Work Permits to play here? That may be a big issue if its the case.
                    Causes issues for a lot of clubs...... IF it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

Yeah pretty much but if it happened they think they would just change the rules. Pretty conclusive article here http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35919247

Comment

Working...
                      X