Polter v Rhodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polter v Rhodes

The cheap one is doing ok compared with the expensive one.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Yes, he's work in progress but I've noticed his touch is improving, which has to be down to improved coaching (even though some say that's an uncoachable thing).

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Yes, he's work in progress but I've noticed his touch is improving, which has to be down to improved coaching (even though some say that's an uncoachable thing).
      10,000 hour rule proves that nothing is uncoachable imo. Polter will be a very very good striker without a doubt, he has the mental attributes, physical attributes and is most importantly showing a desire to develop the technical attributes required to do that.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Rhodes is vastly over rated in my opinion.

Would be astonished if he was a success in the PL.

Comment

I loved the way he blew out kisses to the Rangers faithful after he scored yesterday. Has the right attitude and I reckon he is desperate to be a success here
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            Rhodes is vastly over rated in my opinion.

Would be astonished if he was a success in the PL.
            Definitely. Beyond over rated and overpriced.

Comment

I like Rhodes but looks pony for Boro when I've seen him. Polter is improving every week. The touch and through ball to Chery for the 1 on 1 was brilliant l.

Comment

Polts will be a force in this league over the next season or two and I predict that we will sell him on for a good fee - Watch this space! But he will be another one to fit our recent mold of buying them young, developing and then selling them on for a nice fee to further their careers.

Comment

Polts is an awkward ####### who keeps improving in all areas of his game, and most importantly he is scoring goals. Rhodes is a proven striker at this level and I think he will start banging them in bit like fatty McCormack massively overpriced and unless we magically get a 50,000 stadium and fill it every game, not players we can realistically be looking at.
                  Last edited by TimPR78; 21-03-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Not sure how motivated Rhodes is anymore. Polter, on the other hand, has got plenty of it
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Are we actually comparing Rhodes and Poulter??? LOL...

Look I really like the BFG, he gives it his all, wears the badge with pride and is exactly what we as a club / team require in a player right now. He will be massively useful next season as well.....

BUT he has his limits and he wont score more than 12-15 a season, he is not a Jordan Rhodes who is currently struggling to settle at Boro.

Comment

Polter did well to take his goal on Saturday, but you have to say it was atrocious marking by their defender to completely lose his man.

Comment

The BFG has got the touch and finesse of a granny in a spacesuit...... But he's a bloody handful - and he keeps on scoring.

Unorthodox - but effective.

Long may it continue.............

Comment

Polter v Rhodes. I like it! I predict a second round KO to the BFG.

Comment

Polter has improved under Jimmy. Give him a preseason working with him and he could be a handy striker next season and more than capable of getting double figures in the championship (seeing as there are 46 games)

Comment

Working...
                              X