on way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• on way home

As predicted today was a real end of season nothing to play for game for both teams and the atmosphere matched both teams efforts but still felt like a live in the balls when they equalised so late
    Ref was shocking for both sides but we deserved to win and will be glad to be back in London soon

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
    As predicted today was a real end of season nothing to play for game for both teams and the atmosphere matched both teams efforts but still felt like a live in the balls when they equalised so late
    Ref was shocking for both sides but we deserved to win and will be glad to be back in London soon
    I've heard a few good things about Faurlin, how would you rate his performance and that of Onuoha at Right back? Cheers for the above info by the way, interesting to note that we haven't really had the rub of the green with ref's for a few years now.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I've heard a few good things about Faurlin, how would you rate his performance and that of Onuoha at Right back? Cheers for the above info by the way, interesting to note that we haven't really had the rub of the green with ref's for a few years now.
      Nerd!
      Gutted to concede at the death isles! Supporters like you need applauding mate.
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Team didn't play particuarly well but neither did they.Faurlin looked a bit sleepy in the first half. Onuoha needs to remember at times he is playing full back not centre back. Hill, Perch and Henry played pretty well.
        Sorry Jamie you contributed nothing. Ref was a little Hitler, his linesmen wouldn't lift a flag until he made the decision.Should have shown a red card when Chery was pulled back with only the keeper in front.
        Also some very obscure bookings.Lost the plot completely.

Comment

Good header from BFG and when he put Chery in late on it should have been 3 points thank you very much. Jamie Clappie adds nothing any more, sadly, and there was something going on with Faurlin. Clearly struggling with his game and doesn't look fit - maybe those knees aren't up to it now. Hill and Henry were having words with him when he was getting frustrated either with his own shortcomings or it might have been 'cos he was getting peased off with Clappie and Chery not making the runs he wanted to pick out. They gave it away at the end. Same old lack of concentration and professionalism. And no one can dig out the support today, was well up for it. Deepdale like a morgue on three sides until they scored. Ref a total joke for both sides. So bad he should be reffing in the Prem.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
            Good header from BFG and when he put Chery in late on it should have been 3 points thank you very much. Jamie Clappie adds nothing any more, sadly, and there was something going on with Faurlin. Clearly struggling with his game and doesn't look fit - maybe those knees aren't up to it now. Hill and Henry were having words with him when he was getting frustrated either with his own shortcomings or it might have been 'cos he was getting peased off with Clappie and Chery not making the runs he wanted to pick out. They gave it away at the end. Same old lack of concentration and professionalism. And no one can dig out the support today, was well up for it. Deepdale like a morgue on three sides until they scored. Ref a total joke for both sides. So bad he should be reffing in the Prem.
            It's odd, some here are saying that Faurlin looked off the pace, yet every site I've checked has rated him above 8 on his performance yesterday and gave him man of the match in both cases (sofascore and whoscored). Gonna have to watch the full 90 in a bit to have a proper opinion.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

West London Sport have said the same as Isle and Alan mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                West London Sport have said the same as Isle and Alan mate.
                WLS is run by someone who's opinion on Faurlin has not been positive long term. I don't take his opinion seriously.

Comment

WLS is run by someone who's opinion on Faurlin has not been positive long term. I don't take his opinion seriously.
                  It's the quality or quantity argument Nas.

Comment

I'm usually agreeable on their player ratings to be fair.

Comment

It's the quality or quantity argument Nas.
                      In this case? not really, Dave Mc is someone who's never really rated Faurlin and has called him a player reliant on teams not closing him down which is such a ludicrous statement to me, especially having watched him in the Champ winning season and the Prem half season after that.

Comment

In this case? not really, Dave Mc is someone who's never really rated Faurlin and has called him a player reliant on teams not closing him down which is such a ludicrous statement to me, especially having watched him in the Champ winning season and the Prem half season after that.
                        Don't think it's ever him who goes to the matches and does the report and player ratings though nasser.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Don't think it's ever him who goes to the matches and does the report and player ratings though nasser.
                          He does. Saw him in press box last two home games at least. Right next to my seat.

Comment

Agree, ludicrous. I'm sure any player would prefer to be left alone to play!

Comment

Agree, ludicrous. I'm sure any player would prefer to be left alone to play!
                              He seems to believe that Faurlin is only ever good because of the space. I've seen countless times where Faurlin is probably the most composed player we've got under pressure.

Comment

Working...
                              X