• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is Isla playing these days?

Comment

Originally posted by JJB View Post
      Where is Isla playing these days?
      Marseille on loan - 20 games, 2 goals!!!

Comment

Reckon there's been enough threads started about one player from 2 years ago? Jesus...
        You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Norths View Post
          I think this discussions been done quite a few times now
          I think you are correct....should I care what you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping Giants View Post
            I think you are correct....should I care what you think?
            Calm down dear. Talk about getting emotional.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
              I don't think anyone expected Leicester to win the league, let alone Danny Simpson... To be fair, although Danny has been a perm fixture and clearly doing very well in that squad, it isn't just down to him that they are top.

Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Kante are the top lads at the King Power this year.
              Thats what confidence and momentum can do for you

Comment

I don't think anyone expected Leicester to win the league, let alone Danny Simpson... To be fair, although Danny has been a perm fixture and clearly doing very well in that squad, it isn't just down to him that they are top.

Vardy, Mahrez, Drinkwater and Kante are the top lads at the King Power this year.
                They were pointing out on MOTD how well drilled the Leicester defence is and how they defend as a team. Before this season you'd have laughed at Huth being in a Premiership winning side, let alone Simpson. Leicester have kept a settled back four, where each player knows what's expected of him and what they have to do in a range of circumstances. None of them are stars individually and are highly unlikely to be subject to bids from either Manchester side, Arsenal or Chelsea in the summer, but as a unit.....

Comment

It was comedy gold how we dropped the 5-3-2 (it wasn't 352 in prem) for the 442 a week after we sold Simpson and expected Isla, who is a wing back or winger, to be a right back.

Old news as some have said but he isn't the only player to have bettered himself after leaving us, see also: Barton, Zamora (even with his zimmer frame), Mbia & to think we still have the ones on big wages but they are only loaned out shows how poorly we've been running the club. Signs are we are improving though so let's see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by amusant View Post
                    They were pointing out on MOTD how well drilled the Leicester defence is and how they defend as a team. Before this season you'd have laughed at Huth being in a Premiership winning side, let alone Simpson. Leicester have kept a settled back four, where each player knows what's expected of him and what they have to do in a range of circumstances. None of them are stars individually and are highly unlikely to be subject to bids from either Manchester side, Arsenal or Chelsea in the summer, but as a unit.....
                    Exactly.

I think people are very lost in what makes a good team currently... 4 players, playing as a unit, good morale and pushing themselves will go far.

Isla, Caulker, Ferdinand proves that buying and slinging players together doesnt work.

Comment

Isla, Caulker, Ferdinand proves that buying and slinging players together doesnt work.
                      I'd say its more about the coaching really, as Simpson, Fuchs and Huth - ie 3 out of the back 4 - were signed last year.

Comment

To be honest I think the notion that Simpson is good enough for a regular spot in a top Premiership side is a bit far fetched. What Leicester are doing this season is nothing short of a miracle and Simpson is just one of a number of players playing well above their normal level. Take nothing away from him or anyone else at Leicester though, it's remarkable and fantastic for football as a whole.

It's also worth pointing out that we sold him just after his pictures were in the Sun having taking a beating on a night out in Manchester whilst heavily under the influence. Also just before he decided to throttle his ex-girlfriend and mother of his child whilst again, heavily under the influence. I think it's fair to say that he may have been going through some fairly major off the field issues whilst playing for us which you have to assume was a factor in the decision to let him leave.

Comment

Just shows that to be top of the league you don't need the best players just the best team

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                            I'd say its more about the coaching really, as Simpson, Fuchs and Huth - ie 3 out of the back 4 - were signed last year.
                            Well no, its good buying if anything. Buying players right for the club at the time....

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Just shows that to be top of the league you don't need the best players just the best team
                            Exactly.

Comment

Isla was a good footballer. Unfortunately 'Arry was a shocking manager. Surprised he didn't chuck him in goal.

Comment

Working...
                              X