No announcement yet.

Where are we now, where are we heading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are we now, where are we heading?

Things are looking up now for the club IMO, I just wish we had made this transition in the Summer but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I don't think many Rangers fans would have been too disappointed with Austin, Fer and Phillips all being in the squad come the start of the season, in-fact I think we would have been massively happy after being relegated. So it didn't work and the plan and the squad didn't come through in achieving promotion, a new manager comes in and the scope changes massively.

Credit to JFH he had a tough start of games all be it 2 home games and a Jan window almost immediately re-work the squad, it almost had a start of a new season feel to it IMO. He clearly gets what Les and Co are trying to do and I think that is shown by the choices in signings and the starting eleven he has been putting out. I guess you could argue that he may not wanted to have got rid of Fer, Sandro and Chaz but regardless he has done far better without them IMO and its gearing us for next year because of it.
    The likes of Poulter, Loungo, Chery, Junior etc have all become perm fixtures in the team of late and that's down to him. I think he's building a squad of players just like when we went up, they seem more together and he's finding his team finally.
    With the team now settling down week on week I think we can begin to look forward and feel far happier with the outlook going.To be fair to Jimmy he hasn't done a bad job at all, in actually fact he's done quite well as a 'whole'.
    I wouldn't change too much ahead of next season as the team is coming together now, just some tweaks and we could be in for a good second year in the champ. It's a shame that we havent gone up, course but I think this benefits us.

- I would give Junior a new deal, he's been unreal this year and that's down to JFH.
    - I would aim to only get 5 new player max next season but it all depends on what stays and goes.... Retaining most of this squad will help make us ready for next season.
    - I would SELL or at least loan out again Fer, Sandro and Caulker. I wouldnt let them near the team again as they just are not right for us, we need to continue this new culture.

Things are looking up..

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
    Things are looking up now for the club IMO, I just wish we had made this transition in the Summer but hindsight is a wonderful thing. I don't think many Rangers fans would have been too disappointed with Austin, Fer and Phillips all being in the squad come the start of the season, in-fact I think we would have been massively happy after being relegated. So it didn't work and the plan and the squad didn't come through in achieving promotion, a new manager comes in and the scope changes massively.

Credit to JFH he had a tough start of games all be it 2 home games and a Jan window almost immediately re-work the squad, it almost had a start of a new season feel to it IMO. He clearly gets what Les and Co are trying to do and I think that is shown by the choices in signings and the starting eleven he has been putting out. I guess you could argue that he may not wanted to have got rid of Fer, Sandro and Chaz but regardless he has done far better without them IMO and its gearing us for next year because of it.
    The likes of Poulter, Loungo, Chery, Junior etc have all become perm fixtures in the team of late and that's down to him. I think he's building a squad of players just like when we went up, they seem more together and he's finding his team finally.
    With the team now settling down week on week I think we can begin to look forward and feel far happier with the outlook going.To be fair to Jimmy he hasn't done a bad job at all, in actually fact he's done quite well as a 'whole'.
    I wouldn't change too much ahead of next season as the team is coming together now, just some tweaks and we could be in for a good second year in the champ. It's a shame that we havent gone up, course but I think this benefits us.

- I would give Junior a new deal, he's been unreal this year and that's down to JFH.
    - I would aim to only get 5 new player max next season but it all depends on what stays and goes.... Retaining most of this squad will help make us ready for next season.
    - I would SELL or at least loan out again Fer, Sandro and Caulker. I wouldnt let them near the team again as they just are not right for us, we need to continue this new culture.

Things are looking up..

Great post mate.

Could you imagine if what JFH has implemented now had taken place over the summer?I think we would comfortably be sitting with a extra 10-15 points now and easily in a top 6 position. Also agree that come the summer we don't need a massive overhaul and if we bring in 5 or 6 shrewd signings then we can really make a impact at this level.
    I also dont think the teams around us will expect it as well. So many fans and squads still look at us as little QPR where I genuinely think this is our level and we are a force now as a championship club. This season has been about rebuilding and next will be about challenging again. Very hard league to get out of but we will be up there.

I gave JFH a lot of stick when he first came in but he has won me over. I agree with you that he clearly understands the clubs new blue print and he is successfully and patiently installing this. These things take time but what he has done with players like hoilett and perch deserves massive praise.

Exciting times again and as another poster pointed out in a earlier thread this season reminds me off when Warnock first came in and steadied the ship and then led us on to promotion the season after. I firmly believe thats where we are heading. My hope is if we do achieve it we follow the Bournemouth, palace route and don't forget who go us there.

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post

Great post mate.

Could you imagine if what JFH has implemented now had taken place over the summer?I think we would comfortably be sitting with a extra 10-15 points now and easily in a top 6 position. Also agree that come the summer we don't need a massive overhaul and if we bring in 5 or 6 shrewd signings then we can really make a impact at this level.
      I also dont think the teams around us will expect it as well. So many fans and squads still look at us as little QPR where I genuinely think this is our level and we are a force now as a championship club. This season has been about rebuilding and next will be about challenging again. Very hard league to get out of but we will be up there.

I gave JFH a lot of stick when he first came in but he has won me over. I agree with you that he clearly understands the clubs new blue print and he is successfully and patiently installing this. These things take time but what he has done with players like hoilett and perch deserves massive praise.

Exciting times again and as another poster pointed out in a earlier thread this season reminds me off when Warnock first came in and steadied the ship and then led us on to promotion the season after. I firmly believe thats where we are heading. My hope is if we do achieve it we follow the Bournemouth, palace route and don't forget who go us there.
      I think we need to aim to be like a Bournemouth and there isnt anything wrong with that, look at the mess we made of it when we sacked Warnock and brought in Hughes and all those so called marquee signings!?

It's hard to say where we would be with JFH coming in sooner, I think the biggest mistake was not clearing out in the Summer because ultimately that's whats made a huge difference here.

5 losses so far, 1 being in the cup. You could argue we was unlucky in some of the other matches too, e.g. The fluke goal that Hull won with and conceding late on against Ipswich away. Some of those draws could have easily been wins too.

Comment

Well not long ago there were plenty wanting to get rid of JFH and LF.

Time and time again people cry out for stability and finally we might be getting it with our lot.

My only fear is if JFH does do well some one will come after him and god knows what happened then, but for now we are happy

Comment

Originally posted by bhujio View Post
          Well not long ago there were plenty wanting to get rid of JFH and LF.

Time and time again people cry out for stability and finally we might be getting it with our lot.

My only fear is if JFH does do well some one will come after him and god knows what happened then, but for now we are happy
          banter ain't it. Bloke was getting slated like a good'un on here a couple of weeks ago... fickle fickle QPR fans.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            banter ain't it. Bloke was getting slated like a good'un on here a couple of weeks ago... fickle fickle QPR fans.
            Not all of US FANS are like that, some of us, like myself get behind the club, staff, players regardless...

As my opening statement says, hindsight is a wonderful thing.....

Comment

Things are looking up..
              i'm not sure that many people would have stood for such a level of wholesale change over the summer and, in a way, i think it probably had to happen over 2 transfer windows rather than 1 (can you imagine the implosion of confidence amongst the fans if we'd shifted out austin, fer, barton, sandro, caulker, zamora, dunne, yun and mccarthy, refused to select green and replaced all the above with players from league 1, bundesliga 2 before a ball was kicked?).

i think things are on the up... we're a mid table team with hopes of grabbing a playoff spot next season. i expect most of the expensive luxury players whose contracts are up (green, traore, diakite, probably henry and hoilett) to be on their way in the summer. i always felt that el khayati was brought in as the long term successor to dave jr.

Comment

I think it wiill be impossible for us to not do better next season and get the three more wins we needed this season to be in the play offs with jfh in charge for all of it and not three different managers.

Comment

Great post with lots of well made points.

Comment

Not all of US FANS are like that, some of us, like myself get behind the club, staff, players regardless...

As my opening statement says, hindsight is a wonderful thing.....
                    Ahh I know not all are like it mate! You don't hear from the ones that are like it after a win, as we know!!

Comment

Working...
                    X