No announcement yet.

What are we learning from today's game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we learning from today's game?

Let's all breathe cause we can finally admit we are out of contention for the playoffs.

With that said, here's what today's game revealed:

First, we need players who can finish shots and plays. Conor and Zeb may have potential, but can we truly say either has the potential to be a consistent goal scorer.

Two, no more holding on to the past. Bench Konchesky, Henry, other aging players -- let's see what we've got beyond them.

Three, we have yet to show we have either a killer or survivor instinct; late in games we still seem to have all but conceded the result if we're behind. Not sure what it will take to create this (a la Burnley and Leicester) but certainly it's something we have to generate.

We dont have the squad to cope with injuries. I still think we can get there just need to be patient, one loss doesnt mean we have no chance just as one win doesn't mean we are world beaters.

Comment

Why the fark did we change last weeks winning team....should have been exactly the same apart from hoilett

BEYOND BELIEF

Comment

What have we learned?

That we're still crap?

Comment

1) We totally lack consistency and that will hold us up from success.

2) I didn't see the match but it seems like us pushing most players up is what cost us the second goal and we have to remain more solid than that.

3) Either Hall holds the defence together or Konch destroys it. Either way, this should be the final game for Paul and hopefully, Hall returns soon. Was it an injury?

4) Chery should be central or left sided.

5) Just for repetition purposes, inconsistency is our worst enemy.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

How did Washington play? Still no goal, but I like this kid. As said many times before, I'd rather see him play with Polti not instead of.

Comment

Improve I English my must

Comment

The reason Leicester are top is that they never change a winning team

This is not a coinsidence ....really disappointing after last weeks performance

Curiosity song....Straight back down to earth. We need to strengthen out team badly.

Comment

Thought that we had turned a corner last week..

This season has been very painful ....so underachieved.

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                    Thought that we had turned a corner last week..

This season has been very painful ....so underachieved.
                    The only thing we can really say overall this season is that we totally lack consistency. Honestly, it shows more on the forums, one week we can see euphoric celebrations, the next utter disappointment. Hopefully, that's just a sign of this season, which I think it will be.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I think we're missing the point here, there was already NO chance of our going up this year. Therefore, the right tactic is to work on different combinations, formations etc. Thus it's too soon to know the "best" team. So, thinking with the head rather than heart, this season is a write off and games aren't worth the hastle /cost. Having said that, I raise my hat to all those who are still willing to shell out to go and watch an " experiment". Can't help but feel that our players still don't have the passion needed for this league. Hopefully JFH is at least learning that from days like today.

Comment

The only thing we have learned is that we have a load of totally s*it players.

Comment

Nice ground and they fix the attendance

Comment

Do not play hoof balls to players like Washington and Chery.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Still building on and off the pitch, not going up, not going down.... same as last weeks game, and the game before...
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                              X