No announcement yet.

JFH: "Polter could become a top striker, but we need to be patient"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with Jimmy, I've seen the potential in him from the start !

Comment

My take on Polter

Comment

Originally posted by hh9 View Post
        I find it unbelievable that people like dave58, Stanley and knocker think they know more about Polter than PFH who is working with him most days of the week.
        I would like to "hear" from you why you are better prepared for this than our manager.
        We could also talk about what Polter has done in the 11 games he has as a starter - 4 goals scored - 2/3 assist - 1 penalty gained and the total score for the team is 13 goals,
        Btw Washintons stat so far is 0 - 0 - 0
        Have you really watched him/ 'ill accept he's notched a few goals but as a top footballer? I have people in fits of laughter around me when he's on the ball falling over it with his total lack of control, it's hysterical at times, funny how we that talk about him on here falling over can't jump we must all be wrong, i have nothing against the man, but a top player ( to quote JFH)he ain't never going to be, and the game is all about opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
          Nasser, do you agree with his FIFA stats?
          Not at all, I've been trying to get them changed for months but the actual editor in the position above me has really been slacking in availability haha
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            Have you really watched him/ 'ill accept he's notched a few goals but as a top footballer? I have people in fits of laughter around me when he's on the ball falling over it with his total lack of control, it's hysterical at times, funny how we that talk about him on here falling over can't jump we must all be wrong, i have nothing against the man, but a top player ( to quote JFH)he ain't never going to be, and the game is all about opinions
            So you think it would be better all round if JFH came out and said he's utter dross and will never make a decent footballer, thus destroying any confidence one of our only out and out strikers has managed to acquire up to now.
            I think therein lies at least one of many reasons why your not a professional football manager.
            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

Do you know what JFH meant with "top striker". I would believe he meant in our division not the Premier League or Champions League.
              I still believe JFH is in better position to evaluate Polter than you and the laughing people around you.
              But it is good that you have some fun at maches because how we play is not going to bring at lot of smiles.

Comment

He is comical.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                  So you think it would be better all round if JFH came out and said he's utter dross and will never make a decent footballer, thus destroying any confidence one of our only out and out strikers has managed to acquire up to now.
                  I think therein lies at least one of many reasons why your not a professional football manager.
                  Itsonlyagame, chill mate. Fans are just giving their opinions on BFG which they're entitled to do after having watched him extensively this season.

Of course JFH has to be diplomatic in his public response and big the player up for obvious reasons. But his private assessment isn't necessarily the same thing. Same applies to all managers being interviewed over their players.

Having said that, yes of course JFH is on the training ground with him everyday too, unlike us fans. So if he has seen genuine talent and potential there, then of course he will come out with that, if asked. And I, for one, will back Jimmy's judgement if that is the case.

Comment

Another diplomatic drunken statements from our manager still in Amsterdam

QPR beat Birmingham - but Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink insists there is much to be learned from Blues
                    Despite making his reputation as a striker - QPR boss Jimmy Floyd Hasellbaink believes great sides are built from back to front.
                    The former Chelsea and Holland forward says Rangers need to emulate the resilience of Saturday’s opponents Birmingham City as a first step back towards Premier League football.
                    Hasselbaink’s men produced one of their best performances of his three-month reign to overcome the Blues 2-0 at Loftus Road.
                    But the Championship table confirms it is Gary Rowett’s side and not the Rs’ who still harbour a realistic chance of returning to English football’s top table this term.
                    Hasselbaink believes it is Birmingham’s increasingly Scrooge-like defence – just three conceded in eight games before Saturday’s defeat - which makes them contenders, the very label his own club aspires to.
                    “Birmingham are playing every week from a good organisation,” he said.
                    “They don’t get a lot of goals against them and you have to have a solidness about you, that’s your base and everything else comes from there.
                    “We are working on that and our organisation was very good today.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      I'm sorry. I am very much in the realist camp, and also a glass half full kind of person, but this player will absolutely never become a top player. He cannot even master the basics of football a lot of the time. His feet are awful, his touch is dire, yes he has strength, but doesn't always use it to his advantage and also struggles to even jump a lot of the time.

I truly admire his determination and work rate it is 2nd to none but it is clearly obvious he has not got a vast amount of natural football ability.

Personally I think this is just talk to give him a confidence boost and get into his head which is fair enough it's part of the game.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Fair play to the manager for talking Polter up. Is it really impossible that he is wrong? He sees him all the time in training.
                        One thing is for sure, Polter will be far more encouraged by that than if he reads anything on here or heard the initial groans from the terraces earlier on this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Itsonlyagame, chill mate. Fans are just giving their opinions on BFG which they're entitled to do after having watched him extensively this season.

Of course JFH has to be diplomatic in his public response and big the player up for obvious reasons. But his private assessment isn't necessarily the same thing. Same applies to all managers being interviewed over their players.

Having said that, yes of course JFH is on the training ground with him everyday too, unlike us fans. So if he has seen genuine talent and potential there, then of course he will come out with that, if asked. And I, for one, will back Jimmy's judgement if that is the case.
                          Agree with everything you've said there Stan.
                          All cool this end, just a bit of eye rolling that's all mate.
                          Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            His touch was really good relative to what we've seen over the weekend which I was pleased about and he was getting involved all over the pitch and running with the ball. He's got a really surprising turn of pace for someone of his size too. I really hope JFH is right.
                            Spot on. There was a massive improvement in his first touch on Saturday. Personally thought his link-up play was good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                              Fair play to the manager for talking Polter up. Is it really impossible that he is wrong? He sees him all the time in training.
                              One thing is for sure, Polter will be far more encouraged by that than if he reads anything on here or heard the initial groans from the terraces earlier on this season.
                              *sensitive petal alert*

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                                *sensitive petal alert*
                                Oh the irony
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X