No announcement yet.

JFH: "Polter could become a top striker, but we need to be patient"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He can be a top striker for us because we are a small lower league club for the forseeable , not to sure about at top level tho , think of all the top players we've had at QPR that have left and then been average at best , G Frances A Sinton G peacock thats just 3

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
      poltergeist means pounding ghost, so I assume polter means pounding.
      Without looking it up, I think it means noisy ?

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
        Without looking it up, I think it means noisy ?
        Rumbling, basically.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
          So you think it would be better all round if JFH came out and said he's utter dross and will never make a decent footballer, thus destroying any confidence one of our only out and out strikers has managed to acquire up to now.
          I think therein lies at least one of many reasons why your not a professional football manager.
          I can understand why Jimmy is bigging him up , I'm Voicing my opinion or have the rules of forums changed Isn't that what they are there for? and in My opinion I've seen nothing that says the BFG will become a top player, as stated by others no touch ,no pace, doesn't jump,that's a lot to teach a player to do? if he doesn't have it, and if I'm correct he's not one Jimmy bought in and may be looking to move him on thinking he may not be good enough or do you believe everything what comes out of our Management's mouths
          Last edited by dave58; 02-03-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
            He's trying to give the boy some confidence. What's he supposed to say? Oh don't bother with that big lump he's ####ing awful. We all know he won't be a top player but if trying to buzz him up breeds confidence and gets us more goals I don't see what the problem is
            spot on Greg.

we all know he is a limited player and quite frankly if his first touch is as poor as it is now then their aint much chance of it getting any better at this stage in his career.

Can still be effective and at a time where we have limited options up front, its good for JFH to show confidence in him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
              Rumbling, basically.
              Perfect ! Sebastien 'Lets Get Ready To' Rumble !!

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                Perfect ! Sebastien 'Lets Get Ready To' Rumble !!
                Yeah, time he rumbled again, this Saturday in Milton Keyns would be nice.
                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                  I can understand why Jimmy is bigging him up , I'm Voicing my opinion or have the rules of forums changed Isn't that what they are there for? and in My opinion I've seen nothing that says the BFG will become a top player, as stated by others no touch ,no pace, doesn't jump,that's a lot to teach a player to do? if he doesn't have it, and if I'm correct he's not one Jimmy bought in and may be looking to move him on thinking he may not be good enough or do you believe everything what comes out of our Management's mouths
                  Haven't read through the whole thread Dave so excuse me if it's already cropped up - but did you go on Saturday because we saw that his touch actually seemed okay and in terms of pace, he shocked a lot of us with an extra yard we hadn't noticed too often before. Just saying that perhaps with what JFH has seen and worked on, some of these hidden talents do exist beyond the gaffers imagination
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                    Haven't read through the whole thread Dave so excuse me if it's already cropped up - but did you go on Saturday because we saw that his touch actually seemed okay and in terms of pace, he shocked a lot of us with an extra yard we hadn't noticed too often before. Just saying that perhaps with what JFH has seen and worked on, some of these hidden talents do exist beyond the gaffers imagination
                    You really think he has watched us play?

Posts the same negative stuff everyday on players, staff, and club in general.

#nomattertheseasonwewillslateourteam
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

He has scored a few goals but to me hasn't looked a very good player so far. However how many players have we had come and be rubbish here and do well elsewhere, sometimes the problem isn't all down to the players.

He hasn't played that much and it is also only his first season here I would be happy to give him another two years and see how he progress' but that isn't really modern day football, it's all about success now. Perhaps we haven't been playing to his strengths and may do in the future, Washington seems to have had a better start with no goals but in a few games we have just been lumping it long up to him and that's not his game.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                        You really think he has watched us play?

Posts the same negative stuff everyday on players, staff, and club in general.

#nomattertheseasonwewillslateourteam
                        Go every week home and away and there are people who know me and would be able to tell you that. can i say the same for you? also I'm not saying he doesn't have his moments but top player REALLY, are you guys home and away season ticket holders, I just don't watch the game through blue tinted glasses, and see it as it is,

Comment

Confidence is massive. But you can not coach touch. He'll never be a touch player like the very best, but he may not need to be. Very few strikers have it all but they can learn how to make the most of what they have.

A big problem for older Rs is that we were spoiled watching strikers with sublime touch.....

Comment

The fact that you used the phrase "no pace, doesn't jump" is hilarious to me. Here you go for the lack of jumping, take a look at the first goal from the free kick, is that not jumping? Look at the clip straight after the goal and tell me that he didn't show a talent in the air at jumping.

As for the no pace, I would attach the highlights from Birmingham, but unfortunately the youtube one doesn't actually show his run from start to finish in the build up to the penalty, which showed touch, dribbling and fantastic pace. Now, you can have the opinion that he won't be a top striker and that's fine, but saying that he has none of those characteristics is ludicrously incorrect and that goes the same for your last sentence, which is basically you openly saying that because you personally disagree with the management here, they must be lying.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              The fact that you used the phrase "no pace, doesn't jump" is hilarious to me.
                              The comment wasn't in reference to the goal you've highlighted. It's in reference to the amount of balls knocked up to him where he does NOT jump and is easily out-jumped by his marker, and once again possession is lost. I recall that happening plenty of times, which for a player of his height is poor. Therefore he DOES need to improve his hold-up play. I'm not saying he can't be coached in that area and improve, but there's no doubt he does need to work on it.

Comment

I'm not sure why your asking me whether I believe everything the management say. If I remember rightly, you asked whether JFH had received a "bang on the head" for his comments about Polter, so you obviously believe Jimmy is voicing his honest opinion.
                                All I said was Jimmy can't really say any different.
                                Read people's posts properly Dave, and your own by the looks of it.
                                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                                Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                                X