Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Samba Diakite in the midfield for the rest of the season

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Brisbane
    Apprentice
    • Jul 2015
    • 158

    #16
    New revamped team everyone

    ---------------------------------Smithies--------------------------------
    -----------------------------------Hall-----------------------------------
    --Chery------Luongo-----------Faurlin--------Diakite----El Khayati--
    ---------Washington---Hasselbaink--Ferdinand--Grego-Cox---------

    A surefire winner
    You support QPR?!?!

    – Every Australian Ever

    Comment

    • Ginger Ninja
      W12 Seat
      • Jan 2010
      • 17458

      #17
      There is literally only one reason I'd play Diakite, and that's amusement. Watching him try to play football, whilst clattering everyone with legs, is amusing.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

      Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

      Summer Transfers 2019

      IN


      OUT

      Comment

      • Southport
        Bronze Seat
        • Jul 2014
        • 473

        #18
        Would love it if he played. An issue I have of Jimmy is that there are some fringe players whom he hasn't tested in match situations. Without Barton and Sandro from previous times, a heavy (!) tackler is what we need at the moment

        Comment

        • hal9thou
          Silver Seat
          • May 2012
          • 4258

          #19
          It's unusual to find someone who is a bit of a throwback in terms of contact but who can also really play.

          What is really mad is not giving him a go, we were awful against Fulham for example and I can not believe he wouldn't have been an improvement. You'd want him beside you in the trenches!

          And there precious few of ours you'd say that about...

          Comment

          • bushkangaroo
            Bronze Seat
            • Mar 2009
            • 993

            #20
            Imagine if he'd been in the allied forces in WW1. First out of the trenches, he wouldn't have lasted a minute. But he'd have taken half a dozen of the Hun with him!

            Comment

            • Shania
              C Club
              • Apr 2010
              • 23699

              #21
              I feel sorry for him. I think he has suffered a lot. Nuff said.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

              Comment

              • lymehoop
                Gold Seat
                • Mar 2009
                • 7380

                #22
                Can anyone shine any light on Samba Diakite? We spent a lot of money on him, did his troubles started when he hit these shores? Is there a future for him? So many questions unaswered
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

                Comment

                • bakes8
                  Silver Seat
                  • Jan 2014
                  • 4561

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Shania
                  I feel sorry for him. I think he has suffered a lot. Nuff said.
                  Personal problems aside, I'm sure the 50bags a week he's been getting the last few years have helped.

                  Comment

                  • jmelanie
                    Gold Seat
                    • Aug 2011
                    • 7525

                    #24
                    He has been playing for the reserves (U21) and can only assume that he hasn't impressed.

                    Comment

                    • James1979
                      Silver Seat
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 4857

                      #25
                      Originally posted by jmelanie
                      He has been playing for the reserves (U21) and can only assume that he hasn't impressed.
                      Difficult at center back when you're a central midfielder

                      Comment

                      • stanistheman
                        Platinum Seat
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 11151

                        #26
                        Originally posted by Chopper
                        Who's with me?????
                        He has got to be a better option than Henry or Toszer.
                        If they had selected him earlier in the season he would have regained full fitness and wont be 'rusty' at the business end of the campaign

                        Comment

                        • stanistheman
                          Platinum Seat
                          • Mar 2009
                          • 11151

                          #27
                          Originally posted by West Acton
                          If he's not bein retained at the end of the season what's the point
                          If he helps the team win games that is a very valid point to play him. When fit, he is better than either Toszer or Henry.

                          Comment

                          • stanistheman
                            Platinum Seat
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 11151

                            #28
                            Originally posted by MattyRangers
                            Mass & Ale in CM for me when both fit & available, absolute no brainer.

                            That said I would like to see Samba given some time on the pitch, if for no more than amusement factor. Bloke is crackers, I love it
                            I agree, but Diakie should 3rd choice CM ahead of the current two.

                            Comment

                            • Alanwycombe
                              Silver Seat
                              • Feb 2014
                              • 2215

                              #29
                              Originally posted by Timmy the Doc
                              His contract ends this summer so can't see any sense in this.
                              Entertainment?

                              Comment

                              • Chopper
                                Bronze Seat
                                • Dec 2009
                                • 835

                                #30
                                The guy can play. He has the talent. Give him at least one chance again. We have nothing to lose.

                                Comment

                                Working...