"The new qpr"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    Like the comment about Hoos being a promising sign of rebuilding -- I agree.

Let's look at what's happened this season.

First, we go with a rookie manager and hope the players who look "good on paper" perform. That doesn't work.

Second, Austin and Phillips don't immediately jump ship, we recruit formerly solid veterans, and think this will give us a playoff shot. That doesn't work.

Third, we hire JFH and expect a quick turnaround under a manager with a recently hot record. That's not working.

So...let's get real.

TF and Les should state the obvious: we're pointing to next year, and building a new and consistent club that's full of fight and promise.

JFH gets more of the players he needs, from the lower leagues and loans from the upper, that's full of youth. No more Perch, Konch and Henry starting almost every game. Start the Kpekewas, Furlongs, Robinsons, et alia, and see what we've got.

All tell the fans this is their plan, and they're sticking with it. Then project a new attitude about the club the fans can rally around: we're the underdogs who will overachieve, the young studs who never give up,. the team that win or lose leaves the opposition exhausted and bloodied.

Then, the fans will get back into this club all over again, instead of moaning about even showing up to see shiite football.

The future is there. Let's go for it.
    quality post

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      In it's most simple terms, the owners issued more shares which they divided between them in return for relieving the club of any actual debt.

The actual facts that cannot be disputed are that in doing this, in addition to the £60m written off previously in an attempt to lower the losses in respect of FFP, a further £180m of debt was removed from the balance sheet.

I'm certain that nobody in their right mind would claim that our owners have presided over a hugely successful period either on or off the pitch since they arrived. But for all their mistakes in allowing that situation to occur in the first place, they have at least put it right to a degree in taking the hit themselves, rather than leaving our club saddled with the debt.
      Cheers for that, which is pretty much what I thought - Geng's post made me wonder if there had been more recent developments.

Of course, the club was unsustainable and un-sellable with that level of indebtedness and for taking the hit we have to be grateful to those concerned.

But the fact is that we are now below where we were when the whole sorry saga kicked in despite epic expenditure, and that is why people question the way the club is run. I think that's reasonable.

The most comprehensive account - in the literal sense - of TF's dealings at the helm can be found here. Recommended reading (May last year as I recall).

Comment

Working...
      X