A change in attitude...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A change in attitude...

Amid the shambles of another derby dismantlement, a glimmer of hope. Unlike a detached Redknapp or an overmatched Ramsey, JFH said what we've been waiting to hear from management for too long: "this is unacceptable", especially to and for the fans.

Gotta say it was nice to finally hear. And like so many I don't (yet) blame this new manager for old problems.

Now it's time for the follow-up, that we will only play those who are committed to excellence, and who will bust their tails to get there. All others, look for another club or another profession.

Short of injury to others, bench Perch, Konch, Henry, and Toszer for the remainder of the season. It's time to find what we can build on for the future, instead of ##### about in the present. Enter Yun, Kpekewa, Furlong and (if healthy) Robinson.

Second, try a number of player and formations up top -- Polter and Washington, Washington and Blackwood, Petrasso and el Kheyati, til we get it right.

And in midfield, go for speed. Hoilett, Phillips, Chery and Luongo. Bring back Doughty as a defensive midfielder; recruit another.

The season is over re making the playoffs.

It's just getting started if we want to get in position to make it next year.

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
    Amid the shambles of another derby dismantlement, a glimmer of hope. Unlike a detached Redknapp or an overmatched Ramsey, JFH said what we've been waiting to hear from management for too long: "this is unacceptable", especially to and for the fans.

Gotta say it was nice to finally hear. And like so many I don't (yet) blame this new manager for old problems.

Now it's time for the follow-up, that we will only play those who are committed to excellence, and who will bust their tails to get there. All others, look for another club or another profession.

Short of injury to others, bench Perch, Konch, Henry, and Toszer for the remainder of the season. It's time to find what we can build on for the future, instead of ##### about in the present. Enter Yun, Kpekewa, Furlong and (if healthy) Robinson.

Second, try a number of player and formations up top -- Polter and Washington, Washington and Blackwood, Petrasso and el Kheyati, til we get it right.

And in midfield, go for speed. Hoilett, Phillips, Chery and Luongo. Bring back Doughty as a defensive midfielder; recruit another.

The season is over re making the playoffs.

It's just getting started if we want to get in position to make it next year.

Bin Hoilett - NEVER any end product. Waste of space.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
      Bin Hoilett - NEVER any end product. Waste of space.
      Hoilett will be gone in the summer.

I'd bin Konchesky, and bring in Yun until Robinson is ready to start.

I would say give Hill a run in the side, but he'll probably retire in the summer so that's not really looking to the future.

I'd move to a 3 man midfield formation with Faurlin in the holding role (or Henry when Ale not fit). Then have Luongo in front of him with Diakite alongside acting as his enforcer. The mad Malian is due a crack, and nows as good a time as any.

El Khayati on one wing with Mackie on the other, and Washington up top.

Comment

Working...
      X