Fulham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    could be Harefield, who pays us a visit twice a season, that's when we are in the same division. There are a fair few on FoF that talk out of their 'arris. Harefield ain't one of them
    FoF are full of jokers. They have threads about us all the time, discussing Austin, how much we apparently hate them, anytime we make the news basically. Yet the only time we start a Fulham thread is when they are our next opponent. I know its on going banter, who cares about who the least, but on evidence I've seen, they are the only ones competing.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
      could be Harefield, who pays us a visit twice a season, that's when we are in the same division. There are a fair few on FoF that talk out of their 'arris. Harefield ain't one of them
      To be fair, that wasn't me that put that bloke right, it was a mate of mine who is also a long term FFC fan (probably about 4th generation), and lives in Hillingdon.

The bloke who won't shut up about QPR's huge deluded following, who never sell out, has openly admitted to knowing only 1 Rangers fan, so I wouldn't take him seriously.

Some bloke also thinks I'm a closet Rs fan, because I'm sensible (and yes, interested) enough to be able to pop on here from time to time (only when we're due to play you, as you've noted) and keep it real. It would be funny, other than I can guarantee that it will hurt me much more than his type if we lose to you lot on Saturday.

To balance things out though, my honest opinion is that even though your support is a bit more 'passionate' in certain ways, historically we are very similarly supported clubs, and the 'we're bigger than you' stuff is just too subjective to debate properly.

Roll on Saturday anyway, as it is a big deal for me.....

Comment

Originally posted by HarefieldFFC View Post
        To be fair, that wasn't me that put that bloke right, it was a mate of mine who is also a long term FFC fan (probably about 4th generation), and lives in Hillingdon.

The bloke who won't shut up about QPR's huge deluded following, who never sell out, has openly admitted to knowing only 1 Rangers fan, so I wouldn't take him seriously.

Some bloke also thinks I'm a closet Rs fan, because I'm sensible (and yes, interested) enough to be able to pop on here from time to time (only when we're due to play you, as you've noted) and keep it real. It would be funny, other than I can guarantee that it will hurt me much more than his type if we lose to you lot on Saturday.

To balance things out though, my honest opinion is that even though your support is a bit more 'passionate' in certain ways, historically we are very similarly supported clubs, and the 'we're bigger than you' stuff is just too subjective to debate properly.

Roll on Saturday anyway, as it is a big deal for me.....
        I'm old enough and ugly enough to remember when your boys were in the first and we were getting 4,000 in the third. Then like ships in the night we went in opposite directions. Admit you've had the better days of late and yes, not much difference in the size of support between us. Like you, I'd love it to put one over Fulham this week-end
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

fulham fans get a bit lairy whenever we play them but thats ok we do the same , it's the bluenoses that i can't stand as they like to think they're superior to both QPR and fulham . as a kid it's easy to follow chelsea they win trophies and have 80% of the kids in the local schools follow them . most of them will only ever get to watch them on the tv. ..... support QPR or fulham be a shepherd not a sheep

Comment

Like lyme I go back to the old days but from recollection Chelsea were always the London club we wanted to turn over. That enmity goes a long way back. Even when FFC were a cut above us they were always regarded as being a bit lightweight if you know what I mean.

I remember seeing more trouble vs WHU than I ever saw vs FFC. It's interesting that our rise from the old div 3 pretty much co-incided with the rise of aggro in general, maybe that was when CFC were deemed to be our real derby opponents.

Comment

Probably get shot down for this, but... Ive always had a soft spot for Fulham!... Both sets of grandparents were born and bred in Fulham, same for me mum and dad, and pretty much all the family support them. Folks moved to the bush about 1/2 years before I was born... see its the old skool Fulham fans I dont mind, not the new embarrassing Polo playing 1s!!!
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Hilarious....they have taken this whole thread and put n on their forum on FOF

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                  Proper gutted to be missing this. Working unfortunately and couldn't get anyone to cover.
                  Shame we need a few real fans down there

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                    To be fair, the bloke that does that (aptly names Terry R) does it for all our opponents, so don't feel too honoured lol!!

He obviously has a lot of time on his hands but likes to see what everyone is saying about the forthcoming games.

Harmless enough, but I prefer to just come on myself

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                      stick this on your forum

Comment

Originally posted by HarefieldFFC View Post
                        but I prefer to just come on myself
                        Actually that sounded a bit dodgy - a totally unintended pun lol

Comment

Just had a look on that forum most of them seem quite decent but one of them can't handle the fact we had officially 4014 in the away end (yes I'm sad I looked it up ) and a couple of hundred in the neutral bit

Fact is they have a higher average at home (although minus average away support at each ground both clubs are more or less the same ) and at the moment we take more away but by end of the season I doubt there will be much in it

All in all a bit pathetic and will mean nothing when the game kicks off
                          We Are The People.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                            Probably get shot down for this, but... Ive always had a soft spot for Fulham!... Both sets of grandparents were born and bred in Fulham, same for me mum and dad, and pretty much all the family support them. Folks moved to the bush about 1/2 years before I was born... see its the old skool Fulham fans I dont mind, not the new embarrassing Polo playing 1s!!!
                            Couldn't agree more proper Fulham fans are sound but the gobby divs who latched on since the Prem years are embarrassing
                            We Are The People.....

Comment

Don't mind Fulham have never bothered me. My hates in London are Chelsea and Palace periodically Spurs the rest not fussed with

Comment

in the 80s and up to the late 90s ,i never minded Fulham ,they never came on our radar ,when we went down and they started to get better , and added 16000 extra newbie fans to their home gate ( not many extra away fans though ,funnily enough ),that never went when they were pony ,thats when ive built up a solid dislike for them , thats blossomed into full blown hatred !
                                As ive said before though ,i used to know a few of their boys ,and even went to MFs memorial do in Kings Cellars , and they were top lads and
                                made me welcome and a Chelsea pal of mine who DJed at the do .
                                ( grudgingly i even admit Harefeild seems sound too ! )
                                Cant wait to poke it up them Saturday though ,they are so due a d icking from us .
                                Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
                                X