• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    like most on here, never wanted him sold, utter madness
    Agree, decent player.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
      plenty of players leave clubs and become better or worse players somewhere else.
      Spot on.

Fair play to Simpson though......took a while to break into that side and has really taken that chance given.

Wonder how long it will take wingers to work out all you need to do beat him is to cut inside?

Comment

We have to stop this hindsight BS that goes on, go back and look at the posts after the Hull game at home opening day of the season last year. Practically everyone was saying he isn't good enough and needs to go and get someone else in. Stop flip flopping or least admit you were wrong at the time wanting him to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          That one has shocked me to be honest. I thought he was complete g@sh for us.
          to be fair to Delaney, He was played at LB and many of us knew he was a CB.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
            We have to stop this hindsight BS that goes on, go back and look at the posts after the Hull game at home opening day of the season last year. Practically everyone was saying he isn't good enough and needs to go and get someone else in. Stop flip flopping or least admit you were wrong at the time wanting him to go.
            perhaps he was shite in the 3-5-2 formation that Redkrapp planned to play that season, which he promptly abandoned after selling his only RB. It is nothing to do with hindsight.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
              perhaps he was shite in the 3-5-2 formation that Redkrapp planned to play that season, which he promptly abandoned after selling his only RB. It is nothing to do with hindsight.
              I think it is to be honest, look at the posts from that first game almost no one wanted him in the team anymore. I appreciate that a few will have been willing to give him time but not many.

Comment

I think it is to be honest, look at the posts from that first game almost no one wanted him in the team anymore. I appreciate that a few will have been willing to give him time but not many.
                yeah, i remember those posts as well (thought they were harsh to a player who had been consistent in the previous season), also remember a couple of threads about how well we'd done offloading simpson to leicester, whose fans were slating him on their message boards (back in the day that leicester were anchored to the bottom of the prem).

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  like most on here, never wanted him sold, utter madness
                  madness? you sure? you seemed ok with it at the time, hits

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...42#post1315842
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...41#post1317041

Comment

He only played 14 times for Leicester last season. Perhaps he is another player who only does well when the team is doing well. Also he has had a number of problems off the field so London is perhaps not the best place for him to be.

Comment

Yeah to be totally honest I don't remember being gutted when he went, thought he was one of the 'bad eggs'.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Yeah to be totally honest I don't remember being gutted when he went, thought he was one of the 'bad eggs'.
                        Think that's probably been proved wrong now, considering his stature at Leicester.

He was sold so Harry could accommodate players in a 3 at the back system that leaked goals like a sieve for 2-3 games before it was completely abandoned. Shocking management.

Comment

Have to say I did think it was a big mistake at the time, not least because that decision dictated how we set up at the back.

Comment

Working...
                          X