QPR setback for OOC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even lost out on Guiness site thats developed now too

I think there are certainly a few areas owners need to address such as ground size (for me should be nothing over 30k) and ownership of new ground. If both outcomes are satisfactory we need to back the owners

Those with reservations instead of moaning on a message board should actually form a group not to scupper a move but rather to protect and ensure the club don't produce a soulless bowl put some pressure on the club to come up with something which works and keeps aspects of what you actually love. So many positives to be had if this happens but can be so much better if those with concerns get on board but at the same time be constructive and proactive raising fair concerns but at the same time putting forward reasonable suggestions and solutions. Currently most of the anti lot sound like the plum 'save warren farm' and we all know how many consider him!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Some very shorted sighted fans. Arguably second biggest club in west London but within 10years unless we have long term strategy to grow we could be Brentford Yes think about that we could be classed fourth best/big

A move is going to happen just a matter of when and where. We have already missed significant opportunities and sites at Westfield, bbc by Westfield, old white city stadium site and bbc worldwide site. The next best opportunity is OOC a chance to me part of something vibrant, new which offers transport links second to non which is still on our door step.

Those saying don't want a soulless bowel well that's what we will get if we don't secure OOC we will end up at some out of town industrial site like Coventry, Bolton or Reading!!!! So be carful what you wish for as wishing away OOC hinding behind the boring and tedious soulless bowel cliques might just be what we end up with!!! OOC offers us an opportunity to avoid this

I like LR it's what I know and if any one else said what I'm about to I would fly into them but to be frank it's a s hithole with dire facilities and bordering dangerous it's time to move, grow and not be left behind
      Excellent post West. Couldn't have put it better.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I think there are certainly a few areas owners need to address such as ground size (for me should be nothing over 30k) and ownership of new ground. If both outcomes are satisfactory we need to back the owners

Those with reservations instead of moaning on a message board should actually form a group not to scupper a move but rather to protect and ensure the club don't produce a soulless bowl put some pressure on the club to come up with something which works and keeps aspects of what you actually love. So many positives to be had if this happens but can be so much better if those with concerns get on board but at the same time be constructive and proactive raising fair concerns but at the same time putting forward reasonable suggestions and solutions. Currently most of the anti lot sound like the plum 'save warren farm' and we all know how many consider him!!
        The issue is, you know for a fact that they will attempt to scupper a move, just like so many other supporters group because each of them will have a different want and they will band together against basically anything that isn't staying at loftus road.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

TF has already said it won't be a bowl, and as for soulless, it's down to the fans to inject life into it. LR or OOC, it's the fans that bring a stadium to life.

Comment

Personally I think we are miles away from having a 40,000 seater. Don't think we would ever fill it. Top of the list of priorities should be that training ground. For the club to move forward we need that done. The Academy needs to be priority number one and that means having great facilities. And compared to a few clubs in London there shite.
            C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
              Am I the only one who is bewildered why some so called QPR fans always treat any setbacks or bad news for our club with such glee?
              I am also gobsmacked by the attitude of some.
              QPR need a new stadium of at least 30000 if the aim is to be a decent Premiership club.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                TF has already said it won't be a bowl, and as for soulless, it's down to the fans to inject life into it. LR or OOC, it's the fans that bring a stadium to life.
                True. You could hardly call the Britaninia stadium souless.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  True. You could hardly call the Britaninia stadium souless.
                  https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bo...zxB9kQ_AUIBigB

Would quite like something like Boavista's stadium if / when we move from LR.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    I see the usual hypocrites have crawled out of the woodwork making the usual tut-tutting noises and judging who is a real fan (they! they! they!) and who isn't. Well, for those of them who have not yet completely lost touch with the reality of the last 4 years, let me just point out that no one revels in the setbacks - but those of us without the rose-tinted glasses do revel in the fact that the sheer quantity of the setbacks accumulated over these 4 years clearly indicates that the time is nigh when Tony and the rest of the carpetbaggers will pack their carpet bags and clear off. And that is certainly something real fans with even half a brain are looking forward to
                    What?!... careful what you wish for

Comment

Some very shorted sighted fans. Arguably second biggest club in west London but within 10years unless we have long term strategy to grow we could be Brentford Yes think about that we could be classed fourth best/big

A move is going to happen just a matter of when and where. We have already missed significant opportunities and sites at Westfield, bbc by Westfield, old white city stadium site and bbc worldwide site. The next best opportunity is OOC a chance to me part of something vibrant, new which offers transport links second to non which is still on our door step.

Those saying don't want a soulless bowl well that's what we will get if we don't secure OOC we will end up at some out of town industrial site like Coventry, Bolton or Reading!!!! So be carful what you wish for as wishing away OOC hinding behind the boring and tedious soulless bowl cliques might just be what we end up with!!! OOC offers us an opportunity to avoid this

I like LR it's what I know and if any one else said what I'm about to I would fly into them but to be frank it's a s hithole with dire facilities and bordering dangerous it's time to move, grow and not be left behind
                      i couldnt agree more, especially the last paragraph.
                      LR is a proper old fashioned football stadium, but it is old and cramped with dire facilities. We need spmething bigger and modern.
                      Otherwise the long term future for QPR is a bleak lower league level.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                        I am also gobsmacked by the attitude of some.
                        QPR need a new stadium of at least 30000 if the aim is to be a decent Premiership club.
                        That's the thing isn't it? The club's ambition has surely got to be to play at the highest level possible, and to grow the fan base. If we stand still we run the risk of stagnation in the future. Two of our local rivals have bigger grounds, and the third is building a new, bigger stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bo...zxB9kQ_AUIBigB

Would quite like something like Boavista's stadium if / when we move from LR.
                          Yes, i saw a game from there last week on tv and thought it would do for QPR only with blue and white seats as in the hooped shirt design.

Comment

Those saying don't want a soulless bowl well that's what we will get if we don't secure OOC we will end up at some out of town industrial site like Coventry, Bolton or Reading!!!! So be carful what you wish for as wishing away OOC hinding behind the boring and tedious soulless bowl cliques might just be what we end up with!!! OOC offers us an opportunity to avoid this

Well said mate. Fully agree.

Comment

New pub with strippers every Saturday hopefully. All bearded sandal dress wearing irons welcome
                              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

FAO Jimmy and Hitman,

Can one of you change your avatar please as it's getting a tad confusing telling the two of you apart!

I thank you

Comment

Working...
                                X