Jimmy and these draws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmy and these draws

7 draws in 10 games is no coincidence IMO.

To me it screams over cautious football. It's not a lets go and win set up, it's a let's not lose set up. That's what you get playing 1 up front and it has to change.

Not only is it dangerous to keep drawing, but it's mind numbingly boring football.

In his defence only 2 defeats is admirable but sorry it's not enough for me.

4-4-2 ffs

This. And bring Sandro back. If he's fit and not being sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
      7 draws in 10 games is no coincidence IMO.

To me it screams over cautious football. It's not a lets go and win set up, it's a let's not lose set up. That's what you get playing 1 up front and it has to change.

Not only is it dangerous to keep drawing, but it's mind numbingly boring football.

In his defence only 2 defeats is admirable but sorry it's not enough for me.

4-4-2 ffs
      It's improvement on letting in 2 goals every match with comedy defending.

Comment

Perfectly happy with this as a safe way of gaining a few points just to avoid second straight relegation, which could have easily happened but now looks unlikely. We should all just relax now and look forward to next season when good things might start happening.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
          It's improvement on letting in 2 goals every match with comedy defending.
          It is yes. But we were also scoring a shed load MYU. I think we were actually top scorers in the league and had let in the most too. I'd rather that stat than this boring crap. Draw away is fine but 7 from 10 is a worry. Just want to see Jimmy being a bit more adventurous shall we say.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
            Perfectly happy with this as a safe way of gaining a few points just to avoid second straight relegation, which could have easily happened but now looks unlikely. We should all just relax now and look forward to next season when good things might start happening.
            With all due respect you don't have to watch it every week.

Comment

Point gained. Once Washington settles in and we get more luck the goals will flood in
              "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

It is yes. But we were also scoring a shed load MYU. I think we were actually top scorers in the league and had let in the most too. I'd rather that stat than this boring crap. Draw away is fine but 7 from 10 is a worry. Just want to see Jimmy being a bit more adventurous shall we say.
                I know what you're saying but going by what JFH said about bringing in another striker or two, we'll be playing one up front until then. I'd rather pick up points than lose and then see what he comes up with.

I agree it's boring.

Comment

On the other hand he is creating a team and mind set of not getting beaten.

Once we are comfortable with being hard to break down we can work on going that extra yard and getting our noses in front and actually keeping it there.

Draws won't win you anything, we all know that but not getting beaten is a good mentality to instill into a team.

I'm still prepared to give him time.

Christ we've had more than our share of defeats in the last 18 months. So draws as dull as they can be are still an improvement.

Comment

Never has a team with the worst defense been high in any league

Comment

We don't have exciting enough players to really take the game to the other team. We have Hoilett and that really is it. Washington looks like he can be that type of player but Fer, Phillips, Chery are all lazy and rarely do things at speed.

Comment

People complained at the start of the season that we were conceding so much, now they want to complain that we aren't scoring. Remember that most of those goals were thanks to Charlie Austin, who's gone now.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by rodman View Post
                          On the other hand he is creating a team and mind set of not getting beaten.

Once we are comfortable with being hard to break down we can work on going that extra yard and getting our noses in front and actually keeping it there.

Draws won't win you anything, we all know that but not getting beaten is a good mentality to instill into a team.

I'm still prepared to give him time.

Christ we've had more than our share of defeats in the last 18 months. So draws as dull as they can be are still an improvement.
                          Nothing wrong with building a hard to beat mentality, but what about the mindset of we just can't win?

I wouldn't mind away, but the 1 up front at home does my head in.

Still think JFH will be good for QPR in the long run, but right now I want wins on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            People complained at the start of the season that we were conceding so much, now they want to complain that we aren't scoring. Remember that most of those goals were thanks to Charlie Austin, who's gone now.
                            To be fair we were also creating chances, it's not quite the same now. We have the BFG in the box and not enough crosses going in.

We say "Feed the Polt" for a good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Wh don't you read my reply to MYU statto

Comment

Working...
                              X